Paul Pogba (96 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 17, 2013
I don't understand how american football players can play week in week out sustaining crab wreck hits but these pansies get hurt in training on their own.
Like NBA I don't understand how guys rip their shoulders, break their ankles and knees, and 2 weeks later they come back on the court.

There is undoubtedly more doping, but also a work ethic 100 times greater. LBJ, 38, who shines in a much more physical sport while a footballer who plays at 33 becomes a feat.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Like NBA I don't understand how guys rip their shoulders, break their ankles and knees, and 2 weeks later they come back on the court.

There is undoubtedly more doping, but also a work ethic 100 times greater. LBJ, 38, who shines in a much more physical sport while a footballer who plays at 33 becomes a feat.
Yeah much more attention in america to things outside just training, like diet, rest, and weight lifting. But i also think the average footballer is mentally a lot weaker than most athletes.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

NBA is not a good example. Right now they are heavily criticised for load management, meaning sitting out games just for rest alot, not even injury, or faking injury or sickness to recover or rest more. Granted they have way more hectic schedule, double back to back games sometimes (3 games in 4 days etc).

Its a very physical high tempo twitch and turn short bursts sport that leads to more injuries, despite the rolling substitution method. So players get more injured now then before due to raised tempo then before.

But still they are also way more pampered and coddled by their organisations more then before by sitting out so many games. Health is more important, so generally they last longer nowadays.

LeBron is a freak, he is not a norm but an exception. NBA players in general are athletic and physical anomalies compared to general populace.

But no way would they be able to withstand as long careers in football, simple because football is an endurance sport, about lasting active 90 minutes with alot of running that requires peak lasting conditioning, a single game is very demanding. Stamina more key then short burst insane athleticism or jumps, reach like in NBA. Athleticism and preparation is way higher in NBA and NFL but demands are way different too.

NFL are physically monsters, but they should never be used as a good example. They legit abuse and maim alot of their players for life.

Apr 17, 2013
NBA is not a good example. Right now they are heavily criticised for load management, meaning sitting out games just for rest alot, not even injury, or faking injury or sickness to recover or rest more. Granted they have way more hectic schedule, double back to back games sometimes (3 games in 4 days etc).
Its a very physical high tempo twitch and turn short bursts sport that leads to more injuries, despite the rolling substitution method. So players get more injured now then before due to raised tempo then before.
But still they are also way more pampered and coddled by their organisations more then before by sitting out so many games. Health is more important, so generally they last longer nowadays.
Leonard case law. Before, this was not a problem, for good or for bad it has evolved but it is still impressive: 82 matches every 2-3 days, thousands of kilometers each year. In football, some coach finds that 2 games a week is already too much

LeBron is a freak, he is not a norm but an exception. NBA players in general are athletic and physical anomalies compared to general populace.
Kobe 38 years old when he retired. Buttler 33 years old, Paul 37 years old, Durant 34 years old westbrick the same...and yet they are still the best, although they are facing kids in the prime of life. Football players are rare to have this state of mind like Ronaldo, Buffon, Lewandoski.

But no way would they be able to withstand as long careers in football, simple because football is an endurance sport, about lasting active 90 minutes with alot of running that requires peak lasting conditioning, a single game is very demanding. Stamina more key then short burst insane athleticism or jumps, reach like in NBA. Athleticism and preparation is way higher in NBA and NFL but demands are way different too.
I doubt. If you stand 48 minutes of NBA you can stand 90 minutes, from my point of view having practiced the 2 sports there is no contest. In football you walk, you jog, you sprint time to time, but on a basketball court which is smaller the intensity is 10 times greater, you attack you defend without downtime, and the mental load is much greater for succeed your shots and defend at the same time on an opponent. If you don't have good stamina you explode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)