Paul Pogba (92 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
So he has postponed his check up to talk with with France first. Not surprised.

Genius masterplan by management...they predicted pogba would get injured and it would force the hierarchys hand to go for SMS.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
photo_2022-07-29_18-33-53.jpg

PLAY PROUD! JUVENTUS AND REAL MADRID COLLABORATE WITH ADIDAS FOR MORE INCLUSIVE FOOTBALL
The two clubs will each put an autographed shirt (Paul Pogba for Juventus, Karim Benzema for Real Madrid) up for auction in order to support the Play Proud and Common Goal projects: a solid gesture to tell the story of an inclusive and welcoming football of the future.
Luckily Berna doesn't get to spread monkeypox at JJ

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
What a transfer:lol:
We have the worst management. And the people here who bitched about Marotta:lol2:
Free agent, already or close to turning 30yo and on high wages…

This is exactly the type of transfer that Marotta made a career out of, pretty sure we would have followed this track even with him still around.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the injury, the transfer can still turn out well for us long term even if he misses this first months, just got to hope they will take the right decisions regarding the recovery process towards preventing further relapses. Very unfortunate but maybe this could also be a blessing in disguise to make more moves on the market while it’s still open.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Free agent, already or close to turning 30yo and on high wages…

This is exactly the type of transfer that Marotta made a career out of, pretty sure we would have followed this track even with him still around.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the injury, the transfer can still turn out well for us long term even if he misses this first months, just got to hope they will take the right decisions regarding the recovery process towards preventing further relapses. Very unfortunate but maybe this could also be a blessing in disguise to make more moves on the market while it’s still open.
Which free agent did Marotta sign on high wages?

Marotta has made mistakes but his free transfer moves were mostly low risk high reward.

This Pogba transfer is more along the lines of the moves Galliani was making for Milan which eventually lead to their downfall. We've made him highest paid player in the league which is beyond stupid especially for a guy who has missed 70+ games in the last 3 years.

We are super lucky that we have an establishment like Exor owning this club else we would've had a Milan style decline long ago.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Which free agent did Marotta sign on high wages?

Marotta has made mistakes but his free transfer moves were mostly low risk high reward.

This Pogba transfer is more along the lines of the moves Galliani was making for Milan which eventually lead to their downfall. We've made him highest paid player in the league which is beyond stupid especially for a guy who has missed 70+ games in the last 3 years.

We are super lucky that we have an establishment like Exor owning this club else we would've had a Milan style decline long ago.
Pirlo, Khedira , Dani Alves , Anelka , Lucio as prime examples…. none of them were on low wages at the time of their signing and all were big gambles due to their age and fitness.

No point denying that Marotta is a master of free transfers, both for old and young players, the guy just has the eye for it, although arguably aside from Pogba and Coman most of his best hits were guys either already or close to their 30’s like Pirlo, Llorente and Dani Alves along with gambling on very low transfers fee’s for the likes of Evra and Barzagli that were all successful here but were on a downward trajectory before joining.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly i am not here to bash or praise Marotta but it’s pointless denying that this Pogba free transfer would have been a no brainer if the opportunity came even while he was still in charge because Pogba in the eyes of Juve is a low risk in terms of proven quality and ability to adapt right away.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Pirlo, Khedira , Dani Alves , Anelka , Lucio as prime examples…. none of them were on low wages at the time of their signing and all were big gambles due to their age and fitness.

No point denying that Marotta is a master of free transfers, both for old and young players, the guy just has the eye for it, although arguably aside from Pogba and Coman most of his best hits were guys either already or close to their 30’s like Pirlo, Llorente and Dani Alves along with gambling on very low transfers fee’s for the likes of Evra and Barzagli that were all successful here but were on a downward trajectory before joining.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly i am not here to bash or praise Marotta but it’s pointless denying that this Pogba free transfer would have been a no brainer if the opportunity came even while he was still in charge because Pogba in the eyes of Juve is a low risk in terms of proven quality and ability to adapt right away.
There is a huge difference between signing Pirlo, Khedira, Alves and Rabiot or Ramsey. Those first 3 players were protagonists that contributed massively during our 9 years winning streak. The other 2 are either inconsistent or injury prone. The jury is still out for Pogba. I hope this is just a minor hiccup.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
There is a huge difference between signing Pirlo, Khedira, Alves and Rabiot or Ramsey. Those first 3 players were protagonists that contributed massively during our 9 years winning streak. The other 2 are either inconsistent or injury prone. The jury is still out for Pogba. I hope this is just a minor hiccup.
Yup hope so too and the jury is indeed still out, once again this is not a Beppe bashing and neither am i trying to compare it with Paratici’s failures because Pogba is also not comparable to Ramsey or Rabiot in any way when it comes to evaluating the overall risks of signing him.

Basically all i am trying to say is that in my view the current Pogba example resembles the same ‘modus operandi’ that Beppe used here for most parts and the reason why i believe he would have made the same move if still here, i mentioned those different type of examples from his time here just to point out that Beppe has had plenty of hits and misses when it comes to free agents as well, some of them were also big risks that took in plenty of the wage budget available to us at the time while also pretty much putting a lot of hope in them turning out good in their respective roles for our season to go well.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, this aside , really hope there will be some
clear news soon regarding the recovery time and that they decide to take the safest path, it’s going to be a very long season and we will be needing him.

Last edited:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Very high risk high regard transfer.. as I said, it's kinda positive it actually happened in preseason.

I think it all depends on the chance doctors see him recovering from surgery in time for the WC. Zero chance he simply quits on it IMO. If odds are low, I think he won't have surgery and will pace himself till WC. Maybe he has surgery right after it, to come back for the 23-24 season. I've read somewhere he has been having problems with this meniscus for some time now.

It is what it is. What really bothers me is when a player regarded as essential keeps on and off the team, and all the planning is done around him. Like Dybala. If he has to miss the whole season, so be it. It will require a big effort to offset it, but there's still time.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Very high risk high regard transfer.. as I said, it's kinda positive it actually happened in preseason.

I think it all depends on the chance doctors see him recovering from surgery in time for the WC. Zero chance he simply quits on it IMO. If odds are low, I think he won't have surgery and will pace himself till WC. Maybe he has surgery right after it, to come back for the 23-24 season. I've read somewhere he has been having problems with this meniscus for some time now.

It is what it is. What really bothers me is when a player regarded as essential keeps on and off the team, and all the planning is done around him. Like Dybala. If he has to miss the whole season, so be it. It will require a big effort to offset it, but there's still time.
This. My thoughts are that all teams have crucial players but the best teams don't suffer when one is missing. They have adequate depth to come in and continue to play the same system and make it work.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I'd like to think giving the fact he's signed a contract and we are paying his wages we will have say I'm what type of surgery he gets? If he decided to rush back for the world cup that pretty much leaves him damage goods for us. Wouldn't of signed him with out some sort of agreement where he has to play a certain amount of games in order to earn a certain amount of money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)