Paul Pogba (131 Viewers)

How many minutes will he play for jj in 23-24 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Despite being on decline I can't believe how cheaply we gave him away.
:agree:

He wasn’t even really in decline. He had at least 2-3 more top level seasons. We made the wrong bet. Club probably thought they could get Pogba to want to stay by giving him the #10 and promising to make him the face of the club. So we let Vidal go for peanuts to a club of his choosing. And Pogba used 2015-16 as a yearlong advertising campaign to go to ManU.

We should have given Vidal a 3 year extension instead, and he may have been what put us over the top in CL one of our close years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If we have had kept him definitely we would have won the champions league incredible transfer blunder by Marotta
I feel the club got too cocky and trusted too much in the 'environment', thinking anyone would perform here because "the atmosphere is ideal" or some shit.

No, you need to keep your good players at all costs. This is not Porto.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I feel the club got too cocky and trusted too much in the 'environment', thinking anyone would perform here because "the atmosphere is ideal" or some shit.

That is what all good teams do try to keep the nucleus of the squad intact and also the price which we sold him for was so low one of the worst transfers in the last decade

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

It's been our mentality since decades. Not just now. We sell our best players in their peak.
It was understandable in the Marotta era due to low revenues but not during the Moggi era.
Imagine if Bayern sold Ribery in 2009 when Madrid were actively courting him or Milan selling Kaka before 2007. No way they would have added another CL title to their trophy haul.
No Marotta, Moggi or Paratici can change this when the club hierarchy has this mentality.

Mar 10, 2009
It's been our mentality since decades. Not just now. We sell our best players in their peak.
It was understandable in the Marotta era due to low revenues but not during the Moggi era.
Imagine if Bayern sold Ribery in 2009 when Madrid were actively courting him or Milan selling Kaka before 2007. No way they would have added another CL title to their trophy haul.
No Marotta, Moggi or Paratici can change this when the club hierarchy has this mentality.
Since where we a selling club? Except for Zidane who forced his way out, we did not sell our best players under Moggi.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Since where we a selling club? Except for Zidane who forced his way out, we did not sell our best players under Moggi.
Nor did we sell them in the 80s during Trap era. Zidane is really the only “best player” we sold during his prime pre-calciopoli and our finances being crippled.

One of the few good things about the Paratici tenure has been the shelving (at least thus far) of the “if the player wants to leave” philosophy. Unfortunately it’s happened alongside a lot of ineptitude in other ways.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Nor did we sell them in the 80s during Trap era. Zidane is really the only “best player” we sold during his prime pre-calciopoli and our finances being crippled.

One of the few good things about the Paratici tenure has been the shelving (at least thus far) of the “if the player wants to leave” philosophy. Unfortunately it’s happened alongside a lot of ineptitude in other ways.
Yes and 80s and 90s are the only decades we won CL. Not a coincidense.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes and 80s and 90s are the only decades we won CL. Not a coincidense.
We would have won it in the 2000s too, without Calciopoli. Possibly in 2007 instead of Milan. We had arguably the best squad in football, and 2007 was our 11 year spacing... either with Capello despite his brand of football or with our next coach we were going to win it.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
We would have won it in the 2000s too, without Calciopoli. Possibly in 2007 instead of Milan. We had arguably the best squad in football, and 2007 was our 11 year spacing... either with Capello despite his brand of football or with our next coach we were going to win it.
If you look at that Milan squad it certainly had more creativity and more flair than our hard working team

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Even though Zidane is probably my fav ever, it was a no brainer move.. gave us the juice to make the best moves ever and I mean not just for us but literally among a few of the best transaction a club can ever make. So the situation can be interpreted in more than one way. Moggi that sly dog :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Even though Zidane is probably my fav ever, it was a no brainer move.. gave us the juice to make the best moves ever and I mean not just for us but literally among a few of the best transaction a club can ever make. So the situation can be interpreted in more than one way. Moggi that sly dog :D
Zidane for Buffon, Nedved, Cannavaro & Thuram seemed like the GOAT move at the time.

BUT in retrospective: Zizou won CL there (while we havent still), effectively became a Madridista for life, won another CL as assistant manager, and another 3 as the coach.

While Nedved is.... :D

So I dont even know anymore.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Zidane for Buffon, Nedved, Cannavaro & Thuram seemed like the GOAT move at the time.

BUT in retrospective: Zizou won CL there (while we havent still), effectively became a Madridista for life, won another CL as assistant manager, and another 3 as the coach.

Actually if you talk in retrospect it makes it way easier.
Buffon alone has been >> than Zidane could ever single handedly be for this club. Also in retrospect Thuram canna and Nedved turned out to be pillars and worth more than a zidane in between them.

Zidane won the CL as ONE of the galacticos, maybe the best money can buy team ever in the sport..not single handedly and having won it as coach is a separate factor just as Nedveds performance at the desk is a diff matter.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

That’s gonna get a dislike from me.

We played a CL final a couple years later and had Nedved as balon d’or winner forced to sit out, because of a stupid yellow card that the ref should never have given. The difference between winning and losing that match.

Then we went through calciopoli or Buffon, Nedved, Thuram, Cannavaro, etc would likely have won a CL at this club.

- - - Updated - - -

If you look at that Milan squad it certainly had more creativity and more flair than our hard working team
And yet, our team had won back to back scudetti and set the points record. Not to mention we had lots of creativity and flair in our team and a young rising superstar in Zlatan who may have remained at Juve quite a while without calciopoli. In 2006 before the fake scandal, I would have been willing to bet a lot on us winning a CL in the next 2-3 seasons.

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
The clubs dont always have a say in a player's transfer. I really doubt it that we didnt want to keep Pogba or better yet, that Pogba wanted to stay here much longer.
Lewa is a perfect example. He went free from BVB, so bad. He asked BM to tranfer him to RM several times and they didnt', so great. And still, the biggest problem is what we did with the money, when Zizou went to RM we got quality players, with Paul we just got a guy who is a bench player in MLS right now

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
That’s gonna get a dislike from me.

We played a CL final a couple years later and had Nedved as balon d’or winner forced to sit out, because of a stupid yellow card that the ref should never have given. The difference between winning and losing that match.

Then we went through calciopoli or Buffon, Nedved, Thuram, Cannavaro, etc would likely have won a CL at this club.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, our team had won back to back scudetti and set the points record. Not Tom mention we had lots of creativity and flair in our team and a young rising superstar in Zlatan who may have remained at Juve quite a while without calciopoli. In 2006 before the fake scandal, I would have been willing to bet a lot on us winning a CL in the next 2-3 seasons.
Man looking at that pre farsopoli team closely, and I know we all have a bias towards this club, still no matter how you look at it we are talking AT LEAST ONE CL.. to me had farsopoli not happened itd be more like 2 CLs in 3-5 seasons. We were on the verge of world domination which is why we got cheated and set back.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Man looking at that pre farsopoli team closely, and I know we all have a bias towards this club, still no matter how you look at it we are talking AT LEAST ONE CL.. to me had farsopoli not happened itd be more like 2 CLs in 3-5 seasons. We were on the verge of world domination which is why we got cheated and set back.
Emerson-Blasi was garbage midfield. Worse than what we have now.

I guess I will never know why Capello prefered Blasi over Tacchinardi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)