Paris attacks (10 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
ok I'll @X you, when after the numerous terrorist strikes in the next 5-10 years we'll repeatedly hear the following phrase "Paris/London/Berlin bombers entered the country within the flow of refugees in 2015'

Two of the eight terrorists have now been identified: the man with the Syrian passport and a second who is believed by police to have been French.

However it has not yet been confirmed whether the Syrian passport was authentic, or was one of the many forged passports flooding into Europe with the refugee crisis.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...assport-body-suicide-bomber-Stade-France.html

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
To be honest I have no idea what ISIS is fighting for or trying to achieve. If it is an "Islamic State", as the name suggests, I cant identify with the cause. Myself, as a born, bred, practising muslim, my friends, families, the muslims we know both here and abroad (including my Australian fiance who recently converted) - none of us for once ever read, taught or told something that is even remotely close to what ISIS is practising now. And we are talking about 26 years now of exposure to Islam. If it is a rebirth of some form of Islamic radicalism, it certainly did not spread to the extent of us "normal" Muslims as none of this was also conveyed to my fiance who has gone for various Islamic classes for 2 yrs prior to converting.

What I am trying to say is arguments about religion itself and/or how it should not mix w politics etc. Is fair - each to his/her own, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. But to make blatant remarks blaming Islam for everything or lacking the ability to differentiate a terrorist group from other millions of practising muslims (and by default spreading hate) really irks me. Why? I can almost guarantee not a single one who makes such remarks even knows a Muslim personally, or probably their knowledge is extended to just articles that they have read. How can they claim to know Islam so well? How can they tell me what it is or impose their so called opinions on someone like me, the ACTUAL muslim?

Sorry but this is very frustrating. People should THINK more about what they write. Discuss the political or religious landscape all you want in a respectful manner but dont start putting stupid general remarks about something you dont even understand because all that will do is spread hate and just adds to the problem instead of resolving it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Religion is a mental illness. Come at me, Sally.
And I will argue that every man, woman, and child has that disease. :D

Yes, even the atheists, whose belief that they are immune are like the gay men who join the priesthood in the belief that it "cures" them of their homosexuality.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ideally I am for completely open borders. I'm not sure if that could work in the world today and I think it wouldn't. But from a moral perspective I definitely am. The migrants are a burden but if you don't give shelter to people who are running away from war something is very wrong.
Yeah, in a perfect world we would have no borders. But unfortunately that is not reality. Borders, language, culture is what we have, and it's important that we respect that.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
To be honest I have no idea what ISIS is fighting for or trying to achieve. If it is an "Islamic State", as the name suggests, I cant identify with the cause. Myself, as a born, bred, practising muslim, my friends, families, the muslims we know both here and abroad (including my Australian fiance who recently converted) - none of us for once ever read, taught or told something that is even remotely close to what ISIS is practising now. And we are talking about 26 years now of exposure to Islam. If it is a rebirth of some form of Islamic radicalism, it certainly did not spread to the extent of us "normal" Muslims as none of this was also conveyed to my fiance who has gone for various Islamic classes for 2 yrs prior to converting.

What I am trying to say is arguments about religion itself and/or how it should not mix w politics etc. Is fair - each to his/her own, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. But to make blatant remarks blaming Islam for everything or lacking the ability to differentiate a terrorist group from other millions of practising muslims (and by default spreading hate) really irks me. Why? I can almost guarantee not a single one who makes such remarks even knows a Muslim personally, or probably their knowledge is extended to just articles that they have read. How can they claim to know Islam so well? How can they tell me what it is or impose their so called opinions on someone like me, the ACTUAL muslim?

Sorry but this is very frustrating. People should THINK more about what they write. Discuss the political or religious landscape all you want in a respectful manner but dont start putting stupid general remarks about something you dont even understand because all that will do is spread hate and just adds to the problem instead of resolving it.
It is finishing what al qaeda has started, dividing the world into either really pro muslims or against them, siege mentality

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nice try.

Perhaps atheists are to me what "nice guys" are to Andries: I hold them to a tougher standard because of their self-important hypocrisy.

Clearly an atheist cannot believe religion comes from God/the gods. Thus it therefore must be an innate thing that originates within humans. And unless I'm mistaken, all the atheists in the world are humans as well coincidentally. Until that separation is proven, they're no different.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Nice try.

Perhaps atheists are to me what "nice guys" are to Andries: I hold them to a tougher standard because of their self-important hypocrisy.

Clearly an atheist cannot believe religion comes from God/the gods. Thus it therefore must be an innate thing that originates within humans. And unless I'm mistaken, all the atheists in the world are humans as well coincidentally. Until that separation is proven, they're no different.
You're a mod here. Mind not derailing the thread and take it another place? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)