Paris attacks (7 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ISIS needs the west to hate Islam and Muslims since it supports their narrative of a war between civilisations.

Their foundation is based upon selling this narrative to "ignorant" muslims.
Actually, that last part really makes sense. Paris last night was more a recruitment tool for the future ignorants and lost, disenfranchised youth who will blow themselves up.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Tragedy what happened in France yesterday may they RIP.

As a Muslim we must face these motherfockers Isis or whatever extremist groups out there. I believe this all started back in the 1930s with the establishment of the Muslims brotherhood group by Hassan albana. The guy politicized Islam and turned it from a religion to political fascist ideology.

It's going to take decades to turn this around sadly...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
ISIS needs the west to hate Islam and Muslims since it supports their narrative of a war between civilisations.

Their foundation is based upon selling this narrative to "ignorant" muslims.
:agree:

This is why they also have declared so many "other" muslims apostates... They want to label all Muslims who don't support this new Caliphate as non-muslim, and further entrench this narrative that the only true Islam is their own barbaric expression of it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There's nothing to dislike. Wouldn't it be more interesting to you, if a serial killer was loose on your streets?
I suppose I find the hypocrisy of it rather poor. But it's always been that way, it's not going to change, and what happens inside our own house, or on our own doorstep is always going to perturb to a greater degree...

I suppose it's more so the amount of play certain atrocities get in this world compared to others. Rwanda is one of the worst for the rest of the world really not giving a shit. Close to a million people butchered in 100 days. It rivals the holocaust in scale, but even when it happened, it received so very little attention, there was so little awareness of it.

Sorry. Emotive issue for me. I have two very close friends from my University days, who survived the genocide there.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They are siting a credible source that's why I posted it otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried mentioning your name but I couldn't get the spelling accurate :D
It's on the Guardian website too, amongst others..

Conversely, they have also positively identified one of the attackers as a French National.

- - - Updated - - -

Poland has declared it will no longer participate in the EU refugee program.

Poland has announced it will no longer take refugees via an EU programme, in a deeply controversial statement that linked the crisis to the killings in Paris.

“The European council’s decisions, which we criticised, on the relocation of refugees and immigrants to all EU countries are part of European law,” European affairs minister Konrad Szymanski wrote on the right-leaning website wPolityce.pl.

“After the tragic events of Paris we do not see the political possibility of respecting them,” he said.

Under the EU relocation plan, 160,000 refugees registered in the frontline states of Greece and Italy were to be relocated around the 28-member bloc, but there has been fierce resistance from several eastern European countries.

OP
Hængebøffer

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
  • Thread Starter #480
    I suppose I find the hypocrisy of it rather poor. But it's always been that way, it's not going to change, and what happens inside our own house, or on our own doorstep is always going to perturb to a greater degree...

I suppose it's more so the amount of play certain atrocities get in this world compared to others. Rwanda is one of the worst for the rest of the world really not giving a shit. Close to a million people butchered in 100 days. It rivals the holocaust in scale, but even when it happened, it received so very little attention, there was so little awareness of it.

Sorry. Emotive issue for me. I have two very close friends from my University days, who survived the genocide there.
    Sorry, but there's no difference in the lost interest in school shooting and this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)