Paolo De Ceglie (6 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
It's nice to know we have another player in the team who can cross. I still prefer him as a lb, but he did a fine job tonight. He is pretty quick as well. When in stride he really pushes on.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
But he never could find a opened man with his cross. Al the goal from nedved crosses were pinball in the box. And his far crosses are inefective and that is what Ibra tried to say.

rep+ for Ibra
The cross for Amauri against Madrid?

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Superb performance by De Ceglie. I believe that Ranieri should develop him as a left midfielder instead of a left back. Molinaro should stick to defending while De Ceglie should work on his runs and crosses.

Mar 24, 2006
Superb performance by De Ceglie. I believe that Ranieri should develop him as a left midfielder instead of a left back. Molinaro should stick to defending while De Ceglie should work on his runs and crosses.
Actually that is a good idea , since Molinaro is improving and De Ceglie has a better Attacking Style , but wait where should we put Giovinco Then ? :D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
:agree:

but Capitano wont retired that early , so he must wait at least 2 years before fill DP's Shoes .

chat next time on MSN Mate , been busy lately :pint:
I still admire DP's professionalism, but I don't think he has the fitness to contribute as much as he does for the next season. This season is the best time to invest on Giovinco. After all Giovinco has been learning free kicks from DP, so the answer is there.

Del Piero will still be a decisive player for the team no matter what.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
“I like De Ceglie in any position. He started his career as a winger, while last season at Siena he did very well, but our tactics are slightly different. I am convinced he can also do well as a left-back, but can still improve." said Ranieri.

I think eventually De Ceglie would become a LB. Zambrotta and Grosso used to play LM but their best posiction proved to be WB. The same with De Ceglie, IMHO.

About Giovinco, he is a not 4-4-2 player. The best formation for him, IMHO, is 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 (as in the Azzurrini). He's neither DP's heir nor Nedved's replacement. Clearly, Ranieri wouldn't use him in Nedved's place no matter how much he has added to our attacking when he played that position because Ranieri matters the defence more than creativity in the midfield. So in a 4-4-2 Giovinco could only has his chance in DP's position.

The main problem is not that DP will play until 40 or something similar but Giovinco's performances as a SS didn't convince me much, especially when we played long ball, he suffered a lot. Another problem is that Giovinco is not a goal scorer as DP. Also since he's small and short, he showed some clear disadvantages as a striker. I'm really worried about this kid's future under Ranieri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)