'Official' ??? Zlatan to Juve. (6 Viewers)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

You may not feel an American, but you are, techically. THAT is the point.

If that's the case then there actually are no Americans(except the Indians), are there?
%%% Techically, so that what ur talking about, well thats BS, because what matters is, what race u are, what blood u have, and not what passport u got...

### thats something else, that more then 50 or more generations ur talking about, but zlatan is only 2'generation...

Torkel, i think i know why u dont get it, maybe because your not a person in this situation, see i am..

i live in DK, im born here, i have danish passport, im danish citizen, MY PARENTS are ALBANIAN, and im albanian, i will alwayse be that, and danish ppl will alwayse consinder me as a albanian guy, and im glad for that, because thats what i am...! and believe me, swedish ppl will not have consider zlatan as there own if not he was so succsesful...!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I completely disagree. You are whatever nationality you feel like you are, regardless of your parents or your passport. If I love Italy, Italian culture, language, customs, history etc I can be Italian, there's noone telling me I can't. And I can move there (thanks to EU laws), live there for the rest of my life. And I'm just as Italian as anyone else. If the people there don't want to accept me as being Italian on account my roots or childhood or whatever, fine, but that doesn't change who I am.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I completely disagree. You are whatever nationality you feel like you are, regardless of your parents or your passport. If I love Italy, Italian culture, language, customs, history etc I can be Italian, there's noone telling me I can't. And I can move there (thanks to EU laws), live there for the rest of my life. And I'm just as Italian as anyone else. If the people there don't want to accept me as being Italian on account my roots or childhood or whatever, fine, but that doesn't change who I am.
martin no one said u cant feel what u want, and be what u wanna be...
im just saying that what u are is on the hands of ur parents, if there swedish, then ur swedish too, thats it..!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Look man I think you should try to think outside the box. You can be whatever you want to be, that doesn't mean you have to forget your roots but it also doesn't mean you have to embrace them, you know? :)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Look man I think you should try to think outside the box. You can be whatever you want to be, that doesn't mean you have to forget your roots but it also doesn't mean you have to embrace them, you know? :)
im not embracing them, im just being what i am... :)
and there is alot diffrens on ppl, because for me my roots are VERY VERY important..!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Take Zidane then, he grew up in Marseille, in a neighbourhood with a lot of immigrant families, he spent his whole childhood there, engulfed in French culture and the French way of life. The bottom line? He's French. :) You know he *does* represent the French people, he is one of them, it's not an act. And his roots are in Algeria but so what? He has family there, he visits from time to time. But his home is Marseille. See what I mean? :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I like that view, but apparently it's not so liked by our ever so beloved leaders. These stupid migration problems are ridicolous IMO. It's like saying someone doesn't deserve to eat because he was born in Africa.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
Torkel, i think i know why u dont get it, maybe because your not a person in this situation, see i am..
I have had plenty of experience in these kind of scenarios.
Hmm... I don't quite agree, but it is a argument I can atleast understand. I feel that if a person who moves to Italy and gets a passport feels as Italian as people who have lived there their whole life and have Italian family. I mean, if they aren't citizen they don't have the right to vote, and other stuff.
No that's where you're wrong. Zidane is as French as Chirac is.
Of course. :)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Take Zidane then, he grew up in Marseille, in a neighbourhood with a lot of immigrant families, he spent his whole childhood there, engulfed in French culture and the French way of life. The bottom line? He's French. :) You know he *does* represent the French people, he is one of them, it's not an act. And his roots are in Algeria but so what? He has family there, he visits from time to time. But his home is Marseille. See what I mean? :)
yeah i get u... but imo he is Algerian, thats just the way my brain say's it, and maybe for u its wrong, but for me its very clear and right..

and by representing another contry and living there,> IMO < that dosent make u (french)...

and think like this, if zidane was with many other immigrants, lets say his friends, they will NOT consider echother as french, believe me..!
zidane will be considerd like algerian, his friend from (lets say) irak will be considered as irakien, and the list can go on...! u know what i mean ? :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Hmm... I don't quite agree, but it is a argument I can atleast understand. I feel that if a person who moves to Italy and gets a passport feels as Italian as people who have lived there their whole life and have Italian family. I mean, if they aren't citizen they don't have the right to vote, and other stuff.
Well it's an "extreme" example and I don't imagine it happens often. But that's just to push the envelope on the theory that you can be whomever you want to be. But I think said person, after living there for years, would eventually become accepted cause people would see that it's real, it's not an act. :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
yeah i get u... but imo he is Algerian, thats just the way my brain say's it, and maybe for u its wrong, but for me its very clear and right..

and by representing another contry and living there,> IMO < that dosent make u (french)...

and think like this, if zidane was with many other immigrants, lets say his friends, they will NOT consider echother as french, believe me..!
zidane will be considerd like algerian, his friend from (lets say) irak will be considered as irakien, and the list can go on...! u know what i mean ? :)
Yeah a lot of people share your view, I just don't agree with it, its too restrictive. :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Well it's an "extreme" example and I don't imagine it happens often. But that's just to push the envelope on the theory that you can be whomever you want to be. But I think said person, after living there for years, would eventually become accepted cause people would see that it's real, it's not an act. :)
Yeah, I'm totally down with that. The worst attitude one can have IMO is this "you'll never be a real countryman". I see no reason to exclude someone who wants to be a part of the country and the community.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)