'Official' ??? Zlatan to Juve. (5 Viewers)

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Yeah, I'm totally down with that. The worst attitude one can have IMO is this "you'll never be a real countryman". I see no reason to exclude someone who wants to be a part of the country and the community.
What though if that person wants to be a part of your country and community for his own reasons and dosent offer that country or community and single thing? :)

And although I dont totally agree with Martin, I agree with him on the being what you want. If you move to and country and live their long enough you will gain citizenship anyway. Its like you are a national of the country you live, unless you dont want to be.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Yeah, I'm totally down with that. The worst attitude one can have IMO is this "you'll never be a real countryman". I see no reason to exclude someone who wants to be a part of the country and the community.
%%% Then u should know that 90% of DK ppl are like that... well thats just the way it is...

I wish the 90% of the danes was like u...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
What though if that person wants to be a part of your country and community for his own reasons and dosent offer that country or community and single thing? :)
Like what? Money grabbing immigrants? Then they're still part of the community, they're just dysfunctional members of the community.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
%%% Then u should know that 90% of DK ppl are like that... well thats just the way it is...

I know that is a very common view but I just think it's all wrong.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Hey.....i just find out for you all that he is a Catholic and that he Celebrates Christmas.....but he is Bosnian :D
Yes, he is. Do I need to explain the difference between nationality and religion, again?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
Heh, cool. :)
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Eh, this is starting to resemble another thread, remember it? :)

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Like what? Money grabbing immigrants? Then they're still part of the community, they're just dysfunctional members of the community.
Yeah. Can you call them 'real countrymen'?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well like I said that's not the point. If they feel English (or whatever it may be), they can be English. And to gain citizenship, settle down you usually have to meet certain conditions, like learn the language etc. I do think it's right for the government to regulate on those grounds because having no restrictions isn't good for the country or nation in the long run.

The policy should be to promote integration as soon as possible, in certain parts of Norway this is now working quite well from what I hear. :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Well like I said that's not the point. If they feel English (or whatever it may be), they can be English. And to gain citizenship, settle down you usually have to meet certain conditions, like learn the language etc. I do think it's right for the government to regulate on those grounds because having no restrictions isn't good for the country or nation in the long run.

The policy should be to promote integration as soon as possible, in certain parts of Norway this is now working quite well from what I hear. :)
Isn't the whole idea of nationality quite ridicolous. You can't exactly choose where you want to be born. There are people out there who struggle their entire life simply because they were born in the wrong country.

Having no restrictions probably isn't good for the country or nation, but who the hell needs nations?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well that's the extreme perspective, I think a lot of people would take some serious issues with that outlook. Nationality is so much more than just acceptance and citizenship, it's language, history, heritage etc

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
True, but WE aren't the ones responsable for that language, that history etc. Too many people consider it as an achievement to be, for example Italian. I just don't get why they're so proud of a history they didn't make...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's about heritage, people feel that their ancestors passed on all of these important things to them and that they're responsible for passing this on to future generations. It's an obligation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)