Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (14 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
It's not too much for him. Milan bought Suazo for 10mil euros.

They both scored the same amount of goals last season. I would have liked a 6mil plus player deal, but I guess us buying out the other players we co-owned is more expensive than just buying him outrite.
IMO Suazo is superior player to Iaqunita. Suazo is quicker, agile, technical superior, and if he was Italian, I am sure this board would have been all over the place. Then again Suazo cost Milan a bit more, and I am sure at this stage of career, he probably would have liked to play in CL on a regular basis, so I am not complaining there.

The key is whether Iaquinta is going to be used as a rotational set-up or regular starter for this team. If it is the former, then it might be a great signing because Iaquinta gives you different attributes to Trez or Del Piero. His combination of height, workrate, and speed is pretty rare. But if it is sorely replacing David, then I see troubles ahead with lack of goals up front.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
11 million Euros for Iaquinta? I think that's a bit excessive. But at least the board didn't do something more idiotic like throw in Giovinco as part of the deal.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I like this signing.

Lets look at this objectively:
The Starters
-Del Piero, despite obviously being the man and capable of 15+ goals at the Serie A level, is not getting any younger and could run into injury...
-Trezeguet, if he's back at all, had a little bit of a step backwards last season and relies heavily on the players around him to be effective. Likely capable of 15+ at Serie A level still.

The Subs
-Zalayeta: Capable of the odd goal coming off the bench, but likely on his way out. Not a guy capable of ~10 Serie A goals, since he only has 12 goals in 85 appearances for Juve.
-Palladino: Looked decent for Livorno in Serie A, but was in Lucarelli's shadow and only had 2 goals in 21 appearances. Relatively unproven at the Serie A level. Not a pure finisher, and hasn't shown he's capable of ~15 Serie A goals yet.
-Miccoli: If he plays for Juve, was decent for Benfica but clearly not first choice, and had his best season with Fiorentina with 12 goals in 35 appearances. Could he step up and score ~15 if one of the big two go down? Possibly.

Iaquinta: Has not scored 15 in one season, but has come off 14 and 13 goal seasons with Udinese, and has proven versatility with Udinese and the Italian NT. Juventus is a step up from Udinese, and should get more opportunities for goals. Proven starter at Serie A level.

Is he expensive? A little... but he's a proven commodity and could likely be back with the Azzurri.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Whoa.. overkill!

Trez, Iaquinta AND Huntelaar is pushing it.
Overkill, you're probably right Dom.

I do see Iaquinta being pushed out for a wider role so a Huntelaar could come handy. Again though, wouldn't hurt to have them all, since an injury to Trez could hurt our chances. :faq1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)