Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (5 Viewers)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
(coach Marcello Lippi):
Angelo Peruzzi; Ciro Ferrara, Moreno Torricelli, Pietro Vierchowod, Gianluca Pessotto; Antonio Conte (44' Vladimir Jugović), Paulo Sousa (57' Angelo Di Livio), Didier Deschamps, Alessandro Del Piero; Gianluca Vialli, Fabrizio Ravanelli (77' Michele Padovano)

These r the dudes who won the CL 4 us in 96. I'm just wondering how long it'll take to get back to the top there. I think Iaquinta's signing is decent enough to help the situation. But this realy needs Trez to remain imo. I'm kinda feeling this has become more likely now

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
well that team had players who were well established...then the next season it changed, but montero, davids, zidane, boskic, vieri all entered the team...

i think with the team we will be building, it will take some time to gel, and i think it would need a few more key players in teh near future to take us far in the CL. In particular we need a star linking our midfield to our strikers..eg. Kaka type player.

Iaquinta will be very useful as he is versitile and experienced at all levels.

Jun 13, 2007
Iaquinta is a good signing he gives us some much needed quality in our attack and if trezeguet stays that would be great , iaquinta can be a supersub for del piero or trezeguet or even play on the right flank .

first gd signing of the summer , let's hope for better

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
How can you ppl be so sure Iaquinta joined to replace Trezequet and didnt join to replace Zalayeta or Bojinov?
even if we dont buy Huntelaar, we might, as well keep Trezequet,
Iaquinta cant be a Juve starter and he knows that, even if we dont buy a new attacker this year, we will next year, he wants tittles and glory now, he can accept the squad player status...

Jun 13, 2007
Iaquinta will definetely not replace trezeguet in juve .
Trezeguet is a master finisher while iaquinta is more of a utiliy player and doesn't have the goalscoring touch trezeguet has .
i think if juve do sell trezeguet they are going they are going to use the money for another quality striker.

Jun 13, 2007
being at juventus iaquinta would have to work 10 times harder to earn a place in the starting 11 .
who knows mabe the best of iaquinta is yet to come . in juve

Nov 28, 2006
Believe me, he knows that he'll be on the bench.
But, DP is gettin' old and get injured a lot and iaquinta can replace him during a match or vice versa, iaquinta will start and DP will come off the bench.
It'll take a lot of pressure out of DP's back.

he's only 28, i'm sure we haven't seen the best of him.
He's used to Serie A football and needs no adjustments.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Believe me, he knows that he'll be on the bench.
But, DP is gettin' old and get injured a lot and iaquinta can replace him during a match or vice versa, iaquinta will start and DP will come off the bench.
It'll take a lot of pressure out of DP's back.

he's only 28, i'm sure we haven't seen the best of him.
He's used to Serie A football and needs no adjustments.
when was the last time del piero got injured ? did he even get injured this season .. ?

Juventino007

Jun 11, 2007
del piero did not get injured that much
just coz he's getting old doesnt mean he has gotten injured lots
besides he is 33 nedved is 35 and i rarely see him getting injured
And also at AC Milan there are alot of oldies still going strong
I CAN 4SEE THE FUTURE lol: DP is the best Trezegol will somehow stay and Iaquinta
is on the bench 3rd striker, and i hope he comes aswell but somehow i dont think he will that is Miccoli, meh thats just my predictions , err hopes........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)