Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (2 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I believe some people are mixing between the EPL and The English NT..if the EPL is good its definitely not because of English players..its because of players like Drogba,Essien,Fabregas,Berbatov,Alonso and C.Ronaldo...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jose would never coach England NT IMO, he stated once that the firt NT he would coach would be Portugal and so far he's not looking for that.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Thanks man, did you see/hear the cheering? We were the loudest lot the old & new Wembley has ever seen.
You have one of the most hard-core fans, remember Arsenal - Dinamo game when Emirates stadium seemed like Maksimir :D

England 'wilted under pressure'

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic says England's players wilted under the expectations of the nation's fans and the spotlight created by the media.

"We didn't feel that kind of negative pressure," said Bilic.

"It's a bit hard, although they are world-class players and should cope with it, it is hard to cope with that kind of negative pressure.

"Wake up. You didn't lose the game because of the tactics. I admire your team but we're simply a better team."

Bilic's team had already qualified for Euro 2008 before Wednesday night's match at rain-lashed Wembley.

But they were determined to put England out of the tournament and displayed a cohesion that the home side sorely lacked.

Bilic, a former West Ham player, went on: "I read in your papers that no Croatian would start in the England team - that's ridiculous, wake up.

"There is no non-Englishman who loves your guys more than I do but there are good players in small countries as well.

"Nothing is wrong with English football but you have to realise that this was by far the most difficult group.

"No other group had such quality in the fourth and fifth teams as Israel and Macedonia.

"It was a great match which we fully deserved to win.

"We showed great individual quality, great team play and great character.

"It's hard to win here anyway but especially after they equalised."

England had not conceded a goal in the five previous home matches during the qualifying campaign.

But Croatia put three past a hapless defence, with goalkeeper Scott Carson's horrendous error prompting the floodgates to open eight minutes into the match.

Bilic said: "We would have been happy with a draw but you can't play for it.

"We tried to be as offensive as we could and to finish our attacks with five or six players.

"We can do that because we have players with great skill but also good lungs who can run all day."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bilic tells it as it is, England so deserved this.
I really like Bilic, he is so smart, humble and sincere. I can't remeber when I disagreed with his statement.

Congrats Vlatko, Alen, Soulslider, Nosferatu, Barkuss and Ikoninhosa (you should change your user name to something easier to type :D)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
congrats to all the croats!!! well deserved qualification.

it seems england gets trashed over here more than inter milan!! i know the brits are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to over confident and r blinded by that, i honestly think they just need to come down to earth and they should be much much more competitive than there current status.

the only explanation i can find for why they believe that there national team is from another planet really goes by to the time when england won there first and only world cup. ever since things have changed to england is the best team in the world. i think the next manager who takes englands hot seat really needs to sit with the players, the FA and tell them exactly where england really stands int he soccer world. they r not faaar behind from the likes of france, italy, spain ....etc but they r not the best . only then will englands chances for glory on the international level will increase.

once again congrats vlatko, mark83, soul slider and all the croats over here it was superb watching u battle yr way to a well deserved victory.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
England is thinking of new coach.So far they came up with Capello,Lippi,Mourino,Martin O'Neill, Hiddink and Scolari.
so after concluding that no non-englishman was good enough to lead the mighty england, the FA have drawn up a shortlist with NO englishman good enough to be considered?

:weee:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
why was the pitch condition so bad in wembley? it looked like some russian stadium pitch.
Heck i remember blatter saying that if south africa dont get their stadiums done in time, england can host wc 2010 cause their stadiums have the required quality.

:confused:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I believe some people are mixing between the EPL and The English NT..if the EPL is good its definitely not because of English players..its because of players like Drogba,Essien,Fabregas,Berbatov,Alonso and C.Ronaldo...
That is true.But then again,that is true of the Serie A and La Liga too.Forigners do,and will play a big part in the success of any top class league.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That is true.But then again,that is true of the Serie A and La Liga too.Forigners do,and will play a big part in the success of any top class league.
yes but the Serie A isnt as bad as the EPL in this respect..i mean Totti,Nesta,Materazzi,De Rossi,Pirlo,Gatusso and Buffon are one of the leagues best players...the same cant be said about the English or even the Spanish...IMO if Platini and Blatter get their way..the EPL will be the most affected league as their reliance on foreigners is much more than Ithe Serie a for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)