Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (10 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I hope you don't think I meant literally. It's a darn close summarization of what he had to say, but you know all about our good 'ol Tommy :D
That's why I said I can only imagine. Summarizing what he states before hearing it is one of the most simple jobs known to real football supporters here. That guy should be shot to death. I fucking hate his drunken Irish ass.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sure they do but it was hilarious at the end. When Lescott becomes the playmaker something is just not right. :howler:
Oh it was indeed laughable. It's always laughable.

But I was angry at some of your players for not holding the ball as much as they could, especially taking needless shots. I probably sounded as much as a fan as you.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Oh it was indeed laughable. It's always laughable.

But I was angry at some of your players for not holding the ball as much as they could, especially taking needless shots. I probably sounded as much as a fan as you.
Well the English did put on the pressure and the atmosphere was intense at the end, all in all I think we closed the match well.

I can imagine, I think half the world was a Croatian yesterday. :D

BTW, any Russians here?

You're welcome. :D

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Vlatko, what do you wear, L or XL???:D
don't you mean XXL? "D

L please, where would you like to send the jersey? :D

Modric was fantastic. What heart, what work rate, vision, the boy is simply everywhere on the pitch. If you snatch him as well, he's gonna make a terrific partnership with Fabregas. He's gold, he's not afraid of anything, he'd play the WC final as if it were a friendly match.

But the whole team was simply FANTASTIC! Even Ivica Olic, whom I rate as low as Turk rates an Inter fan, played the match of his life. It was a great finish, very Suker-like, and Eduardo's assist was brilliant. He held the ball just enough and made a killer pass through the swiss-cheese English defense.

But we played brilliantly in defense, nothing went through, and we were excellent in taking the ball out in counter attacks. I'm simply thrilled with this result, this performance and I have every right to be. We could have and should have IMO won by an even bigger margin, but this was all the much sweeter. That penalty was lenient as hell, the Russians offered us incentives but fook me if England hasn't bought that ref. The whole match he giving them the upper hand, I was really frustrated by some decisions. But all's well that ends well, we deserved this.

Bilic, Bilic, what is there left to say about him? I was thrilled when he was appointed coach as I knew he was good and we needed someone young to replace all the fossils that we had before. Bilic took a few players from the U21's and made them the backbone of the team, he did what everyone before him was afraid to do. He hit a jack-pot and this NT is looking really formidable, a mixture of young, energetic players with a few seasoned veterans, the perfect combination. Corluka, Modric, Kranjcar, Eduardo, Petric, Rakitic, these boys are already huge and they're gonna get better. Thank you Slaven Bilic! This is all because of him.

England was stupid, they didn't deserve the two goals, if the ref didn't appoint that non-existant penalty, they wouldn't have scored the second goal as well. The pitch was wet and they hardly shot outside the box. For crying out loud you have Lamps and Gerrard playing behind the striker and they don't shoot on such a pitch? Kranjcar took a good shot and scored a fluke, that's what you do in such condition. McLaren is an idiot, there are no words to describe him.

Thanks for the nice wishes everyone, this was really a great day for us and everyone is so freaking proud. It was like winning the EURO itself, I lost my voice, I broke my fist banging on the chair after the equaliser, but it was all worth it. I'd love to be in England right now, reading the headlines, listening to all the whining. Ah, priceless.
I only saw from the 65th minute onwards, then England scored the equalizer. When Petric scored i was estatic. Never supported Croatia so much :lol: too bad they'll get knocked out in the first round now :D

Thanks man, did you see/hear the cheering? We were the loudest lot the old & new Wembley has ever seen.
I noticed that. The croatians were united. What i was hearing was: Hrvaska being chanted over and over again

It was really something, we have really terrific supporters, 5,6K of us out-voiced 55K of "frantic" England supporters. They don't deserve such a stadium as Wembley.

BTW, I forgot to mention, what did you all think about those beautiful long balls the English were trying out in the last 10 minutes? I never saw such desperation and pointless passing in my life. :lol2:
In my mind i said, England going back to their routes. It almost paid off for them with that chance from Bent, but apart from that harmless.

The pitch was quite disgraceful though

Sure they do but it was hilarious at the end. When Lescott becomes the playmaker something is just not right. :howler:
:lol:

Well the English did put on the pressure and the atmosphere was intense at the end, all in all I think we closed the match well.

I can imagine, I think half the world was a Croatian yesterday. :D

BTW, any Russians here?

You're welcome. :D
You could have made it 4-2, but Raktic held onto the ball too long

Hey Maher, aren't you gonna congratulate me? :cry:
I'll congratulate you instead.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I only saw from the 65th minute onwards, then England scored the equalizer. When Petric scored i was estatic. Never supported Croatia so much :lol: too bad they'll get knocked out in the first round now :D
This team can go far mate, really far.

I noticed that. The croatians were united. What i was hearing was: Hrvaska being chanted over and over again
Hrvatska, o Hrvatska, nezavisna drzava! - Croatia, oh Croatia, our independent country!
U boj, u boj, za narod svoj! - To war, to war, for your people!
Hocemo Pobjedu, hocemo pobjedu - We want victory, we want victory!

Those 3 chants are the most usual ones and they go throughout the whole match, along with some other chants. Naturally, loses a lot in translation.

I'll congratulate you instead.
:toast:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Wow, I´m amazed with the hate towards England here. I on the other hand am not so extatic about their loss cause quite honestly I would prefer them on EURO than some other teams but everything is over now. From a footballing point of view it was a deserved win for us as we showed that we are the best team in this group (better than England for sure) and this was a glorious victory. England jusn´t wasn´t good enough. They can only blame themself.

I hope we can do something good on EURO instead of becoming complacent.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Congratulations Croats. :tup:

Here`s what Terry said:“I give full support to Steve McClaren [who has since been sacked]. It’s been great working with him.

"I’ve really enjoyed it and we take collective responsibility.

“It’s not just Steve, it’s the players. We are the ones going out there and not the right getting results.

“It was not just up to Steve to take it all on his shoulders, as an England team we all take the big responsibility.

“We’re hugely disappointed with what’s happened. To come back to 2-2, we were so close.

“There are many things if you look back on the campaign. It’s disappointing for ourselves, our families, the fans and everyone in England.

“It’s going to be a huge loss without us there in the Euros. I’m just lost for words at the minute.

“I can’t explain the way we are feeling.”

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

England 'wilted under pressure'

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic says England's players wilted under the expectations of the nation's fans and the spotlight created by the media.

"We didn't feel that kind of negative pressure," said Bilic.

"It's a bit hard, although they are world-class players and should cope with it, it is hard to cope with that kind of negative pressure.

"Wake up. You didn't lose the game because of the tactics. I admire your team but we're simply a better team."

Bilic's team had already qualified for Euro 2008 before Wednesday night's match at rain-lashed Wembley.

But they were determined to put England out of the tournament and displayed a cohesion that the home side sorely lacked.

Bilic, a former West Ham player, went on: "I read in your papers that no Croatian would start in the England team - that's ridiculous, wake up.

"There is no non-Englishman who loves your guys more than I do but there are good players in small countries as well.

"Nothing is wrong with English football but you have to realise that this was by far the most difficult group.

"No other group had such quality in the fourth and fifth teams as Israel and Macedonia.

"It was a great match which we fully deserved to win.

"We showed great individual quality, great team play and great character.

"It's hard to win here anyway but especially after they equalised."

England had not conceded a goal in the five previous home matches during the qualifying campaign.

But Croatia put three past a hapless defence, with goalkeeper Scott Carson's horrendous error prompting the floodgates to open eight minutes into the match.

Bilic said: "We would have been happy with a draw but you can't play for it.

"We tried to be as offensive as we could and to finish our attacks with five or six players.

"We can do that because we have players with great skill but also good lungs who can run all day."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bilic tells it as it is, England so deserved this.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Congratulations Croats. :tup:

Here`s what Terry said:“I give full support to Steve McClaren [who has since been sacked]. It’s been great working with him.

"I’ve really enjoyed it and we take collective responsibility.

“It’s not just Steve, it’s the players. We are the ones going out there and not the right getting results.

“It was not just up to Steve to take it all on his shoulders, as an England team we all take the big responsibility.

“We’re hugely disappointed with what’s happened. To come back to 2-2, we were so close.

“There are many things if you look back on the campaign. It’s disappointing for ourselves, our families, the fans and everyone in England.

It’s going to be a huge loss without us there in the Euros. I’m just lost for words at the minute.

“I can’t explain the way we are feeling.”
Come on... this England team didn't deserve to go through :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)