Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (5 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
its proberly the best bit.
It isn't the best bit because it doesn't provide insight to why England, the nation that supposedly has the best league in the world, is not playing in the European Championships. People such as myself can tell these English marketers shut the fuck up all I want, but what is the point of that? I'd rather have the people who continue stating English football is the best football to change their ways and actually, indeed, shut the fuck up.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
It's funny that england are out but I'd rather see them in the tournament than croatia. Having world class players watch at home isn't quite right.....

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Sven was a very good manager,but the English media ripped him apart needlesley.Mclaren on the other hand is an incompetent twat.The only reason he got the job was because he had been groomed as the next NT manager,and the English FA would have looked like fools had the not appointed him after Sven left.Now the FA's looking like bigger fools.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Vlatk, I'm buying you a jersey with Trezeguet's name on the back If Croatia will knock England out. Nothing would be better to see my bestfriend closing his cellphone and locking himself in his house.

Forza Croatia.
Vlatko, what do you wear, L or XL???:D
L please, where would you like to send the jersey? :D
What a player Modric is...i can see why Vlatko rates him so highly now..so assured and calm on the ball..Eduardo was very good too in the 60 mins he played in..i cant wait till he adapts..he's going to strike a deadly partnership with RVP...i was also impressed by Ilic,Petric and Srna.

I liked the way Bilic celebrated in the end..so charismatic..ou can tell his players actually like him, and not in a "I give the boss my vote of confidence" kind of way(McClaren)

To be honest i was disgusted by some of the english players approach to this game..especially Lampard who looked like he didnt give two shits about his country..he was clueless out there..Also the gap in quality between Englands first choice defenders and the backup ones are shocking...Campbell has become a terrible defender..Lescott is good for Everton but he is in no way good enough for England...Englands only above decent defenders are Rio and Terry..the rest are so awful it isnt even funny.
Modric was fantastic. What heart, what work rate, vision, the boy is simply everywhere on the pitch. If you snatch him as well, he's gonna make a terrific partnership with Fabregas. He's gold, he's not afraid of anything, he'd play the WC final as if it were a friendly match.

But the whole team was simply FANTASTIC! Even Ivica Olic, whom I rate as low as Turk rates an Inter fan, played the match of his life. It was a great finish, very Suker-like, and Eduardo's assist was brilliant. He held the ball just enough and made a killer pass through the swiss-cheese English defense.

But we played brilliantly in defense, nothing went through, and we were excellent in taking the ball out in counter attacks. I'm simply thrilled with this result, this performance and I have every right to be. We could have and should have IMO won by an even bigger margin, but this was all the much sweeter. That penalty was lenient as hell, the Russians offered us incentives but fook me if England hasn't bought that ref. The whole match he giving them the upper hand, I was really frustrated by some decisions. But all's well that ends well, we deserved this.

Bilic, Bilic, what is there left to say about him? I was thrilled when he was appointed coach as I knew he was good and we needed someone young to replace all the fossils that we had before. Bilic took a few players from the U21's and made them the backbone of the team, he did what everyone before him was afraid to do. He hit a jack-pot and this NT is looking really formidable, a mixture of young, energetic players with a few seasoned veterans, the perfect combination. Corluka, Modric, Kranjcar, Eduardo, Petric, Rakitic, these boys are already huge and they're gonna get better. Thank you Slaven Bilic! This is all because of him.

England was stupid, they didn't deserve the two goals, if the ref didn't appoint that non-existant penalty, they wouldn't have scored the second goal as well. The pitch was wet and they hardly shot outside the box. For crying out loud you have Lamps and Gerrard playing behind the striker and they don't shoot on such a pitch? Kranjcar took a good shot and scored a fluke, that's what you do in such condition. McLaren is an idiot, there are no words to describe him.

Thanks for the nice wishes everyone, this was really a great day for us and everyone is so freaking proud. It was like winning the EURO itself, I lost my voice, I broke my fist banging on the chair after the equaliser, but it was all worth it. I'd love to be in England right now, reading the headlines, listening to all the whining. Ah, priceless.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's funny that england are out but I'd rather see them in the tournament than croatia. Having world class players watch at home isn't quite right.....
Who really gives a care? I'd rather see a better team in the finals, and that is Croatia.

I'm tired of people saying boo-hoo, England is out and now the tournament doesn't have as much prestige. Fuck that crap. The European Championships will be as good as they always have been. The English side aren't the be all and end all of football teams.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thanks man, did you see/hear the cheering? We were the loudest lot the old & new Wembley has ever seen.
I heard all of it from my computer speakers, and I was off the wall. It was a pleasure just listening to the unity I witnessed last night, especially since the match was at Wembley. I don't know a word of the Croatian Language, but it surely sounded damn good to me. :pint:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
ESPN's Tommy Smiths' reaction to England not reaching the Euro's:

"England..Beckham...Crouch...Beckham, Beckham, Beckham, Beckham, Beckham, Beckham, Beckham, Beckham, Beckham, LA Galaxy"

:rolleyes:

edit: Croatia can suck Sweden's balls :toast:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I heard all of it from my computer speakers, and I was off the wall. It was a pleasure just listening to the unity I witnessed last night, especially since the match was at Wembley. I don't know a word of the Croatian Language, but it surely sounded damn good to me. :pint:
It was really something, we have really terrific supporters, 5,6K of us out-voiced 55K of "frantic" England supporters. They don't deserve such a stadium as Wembley.

BTW, I forgot to mention, what did you all think about those beautiful long balls the English were trying out in the last 10 minutes? I never saw such desperation and pointless passing in my life. :lol2:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
It was really something, we have really terrific supporters, 5,6K of us out-voiced 55K of "frantic" England supporters. They don't deserve such a stadium as Wembley.

BTW, I forgot to mention, what did you all think about those beautiful long balls the English were trying out in the last 10 minutes? I never saw such desperation and pointless passing in my life. :lol2:
Well you did go up by two goals, that usually shuts the opposition up :D

:howler:

God dammnit, what a fucking retard. I can only imagine.
I hope you don't think I meant literally. It's a darn close summarization of what he had to say, but you know all about our good 'ol Tommy :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Croatian supporters will always be considered more hardcore than the English, that's for sure.

They were launching up those long balls far before the 80th minute. In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, the English style of play is absolutely ugly. The desperation we witnessed is what we always see from this sort of football.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
cant get a draw at home , this is why i say that most of the so called stars in EPL like lampard and gerrard are over-rated
and the stupid coach too dont want to resign.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

They were launching up those long balls far before the 80th minute. In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, the English style of play is absolutely ugly. The desperation we witnessed is what we always see from this sort of football.
Sure they do but it was hilarious at the end. When Lescott becomes the playmaker something is just not right. :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)