Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (8 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I don't understand why so many people hate England.. I like the BBC, I like Beckham and I like both Defoe and Bent. Sure, I was rooting for Croatia as I wanted Russia to qualify, but why all the hate towards England?
True, but I understand your hate. I mean, it's almost natural for the Scottish and Irish to hate England, perhaps even for the Americans, but why does the whole world turn on them when things like these happen?
My hatred for them has political roots.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Stubborn fellow

MClaren insists he won't resign after England debacle

England coach Steve McClaren insists he will not resign despite England's abject failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

After the 3-2 defeat at home to Croatia which saw Russia qualify for next summer's tournament ahead of his side, McClaren expressed his regret and offered an apology to the fans.

But the former Middlesbrough manager firmly insisted he would not stand down as national team boss.

He told BBC News 24: 'I'm not stepping down. Ultimately I take responsibility and I accept that. It was my job to get us qualified and I failed to do that.

'I don't want to discuss my future at the present moment. I am trying to get over that result.

'We feel exactly the same (as the fans), believe you me, we know how they are feeling. You should see the dressing room, they are so disappointed to have let so many people down.'

He added on Sky News: 'I pick the team and said over the 12 games I would be judged and I will be.'

Asked if he would resign, McClaren said: 'No. I have no intention of doing that.

'Obviously it's not for me to decide, I'm not discussing anything at this present moment.

'I am not looking to the future, I am thinking about this game, what could have been, what wasn't, and really how we get over this.'

Former captain David Beckham was clearly disappointed but pledged his support to McClaren, while insisting he would not retire from international football.

'We are disappointed as a team and obviously the nation will be disappointed about not qualifying. There's not much more you can say.

'If you don't win games you don't qualify.

'Tonight was a tough game but playing at Wembley we needed to win and we didn't. We just didn't perform tonight and that's the end of it.'

After Israel beat Russia on Saturday, England's fate was in their own hands and Beckham admitted they had wasted an opportunity.

'We were given a second chance but you have to take them. It was handed on a plate to us before the game. So we are disappointed.'

Asked about McClaren's future, Beckham added: 'I can't answer that.

'At the end of the day he has been the manager for the duration of this qualifying campaign and results have not gone our way but the players have stuck up for him and I think people have seen how the players felt about him.

'At the end of the day it's not the players and team that decide who comes and who goes.'

Asked if he would continue playing for England if picked, Beckham said: 'Without a doubt. I'm not retiring.

'I said that the moment I was taken out of the team and the moment I came back into the team. I'm not stepping down.'

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
i dont know what Svenson has over Kallstrom..Kallstrom would add vital creativity to your midfield..Linderoth is a good holding midfielder..but how old is he now..? 33-34?
Linderoth is born 79 and I'd say he's hit his peak right now. What Svensson has over Källström? There is only one man in the world that can answer this question and his name is Lars Lagerbäck.
It is rumoured that he thinks Kim is too slow on the ball and too lazy in defense, but I don't know about that...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't understand why so many people hate England.. I like the BBC, I like Beckham and I like both Defoe and Bent. Sure, I was rooting for Croatia as I wanted Russia to qualify, but why all the hate towards England?
I don't hate the country itself or any of their players for that matter. I hate their press and their TV announcers and fans. They are all stuck up pricks who think the premier league and Rooney are the best in the world. I am sick of their self loving bullshit and i laugh at them for their failure and embarrassment.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Stubborn fellow

England coach Steve McClaren insists he will not resign despite England's abject failure to qualify for Euro 2008.
FA have called a Board Meeting for tomorrow.

Wonder what will be on the agenda? :D

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I don't hate the country itself or any of their players for that matter. I hate their press and their TV announcers and fans. They are all stuck up pricks who think the premier league and Rooney are the best in the world. I am sick of their self loving bullshit and i laugh at them for their failure and embarrassment.
My exact position:tup:

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #649
    I second that, actually. You go to Spain, you go to Italy, you even go to freaking Brazil and you won't find that kind of smug, self-satisfied arrogance as you do among English TV announcers and supporters.

That's my motivation for a little joy in come-uppance gloating. Humility goes a long way to earning respect and sympathy from others -- particularly if you have much to be humble about to begin with.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    try living in britain and puting up with it

FA have called a Board Meeting for tomorrow.

Wonder what will be on the agenda? :D
    asking why they hired Mike Basset?:google:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Linderoth is born 79 and I'd say he's hit his peak right now. What Svensson has over Källström? There is only one man in the world that can answer this question and his name is Lars Lagerbäck.
    It is rumoured that he thinks Kim is too slow on the ball and too lazy in defense, but I don't know about that...
    that is kind of true though..Houllier didnt play him first choice last season for that same reason..but imo he will make up for it with his creativity..not to mention Linderoth can be the holding mid staying back always while Kallstrom is given license to go forward and create.
    Stubborn fellow

After the 3-2 defeat at home to Croatia which saw Russia qualify for next summer's tournament ahead of his side, McClaren expressed his regret and offered an apology to the fans.

But the former Middlesbrough manager firmly insisted he would not stand down as national team boss.

He told BBC News 24: 'I'm not stepping down. Ultimately I take responsibility and I accept that. It was my job to get us qualified and I failed to do that.

'I don't want to discuss my future at the present moment. I am trying to get over that result.

'We feel exactly the same (as the fans), believe you me, we know how they are feeling. You should see the dressing room, they are so disappointed to have let so many people down.'

He added on Sky News: 'I pick the team and said over the 12 games I would be judged and I will be.'

Asked if he would resign, McClaren said: 'No. I have no intention of doing that.

'Obviously it's not for me to decide, I'm not discussing anything at this present moment.

'I am not looking to the future, I am thinking about this game, what could have been, what wasn't, and really how we get over this.'

Former captain David Beckham was clearly disappointed but pledged his support to McClaren, while insisting he would not retire from international football.

'We are disappointed as a team and obviously the nation will be disappointed about not qualifying. There's not much more you can say.

'If you don't win games you don't qualify.

'Tonight was a tough game but playing at Wembley we needed to win and we didn't. We just didn't perform tonight and that's the end of it.'

After Israel beat Russia on Saturday, England's fate was in their own hands and Beckham admitted they had wasted an opportunity.

'We were given a second chance but you have to take them. It was handed on a plate to us before the game. So we are disappointed.'

Asked about McClaren's future, Beckham added: 'I can't answer that.

'At the end of the day he has been the manager for the duration of this qualifying campaign and results have not gone our way but the players have stuck up for him and I think people have seen how the players felt about him.

'At the end of the day it's not the players and team that decide who comes and who goes.'

Asked if he would continue playing for England if picked, Beckham said: 'Without a doubt. I'm not retiring.

'I said that the moment I was taken out of the team and the moment I came back into the team. I'm not stepping down.'
    probably has got to do with compensation

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    that is kind of true though..Houllier didnt play him first choice last season for that same reason..but imo he will make up for it with his creativity..not to mention Linderoth can be the holding mid staying back always while Kallstrom is given license to go forward and create.
    Agree completely. :tup:

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
    heres a comment I enjoyed reading on sky sports

"I am still stunned!, we hear time and time again that we have world class players but the sad harsh fact is that they are not!. They are over hyped, overated & and overpaid. Yes Mclaren is hopeless but he is not the only English manager that has paid the price for overhyped players being given the status that they so obviously do not deserve"

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    :weee: :weee:

I couldn't be more drunk and more happy.
    My NT won at fucking Wembley, my bet on Croatia with odds 7.30 won, England out.
    I know it sounds like bragging, but we really have great talents for every sport even though we're a country of only 4.5 million. It's unexplainable how we manage to qualify for every single tournament in every single sport.

And i liked the fair play in this group. Everyone thought Israel will sell the game to Russia, Macedonia and Croatia will fix the draw and we'll let the English beat us. But at the end the opposite happened in all 3 matches.

Congrats to Turkey, Sweden and Portugal for qualifying. Lets hope for a great EURO ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)