Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (2 Viewers)

Jul 5, 2005
yes but the Serie A isnt as bad as the EPL in this respect..i mean Totti,Nesta,Materazzi,De Rossi,Pirlo,Gatusso and Buffon are one of the leagues best players...the same cant be said about the English or even the Spanish...IMO if Platini and Blatter get their way..the EPL will be the most affected league as their reliance on foreigners is much more than Ithe Serie a for example.

I don't think that it will happen right now. It needs many years to be performed because the big clubs will oppose as they have big contracts will the foreign players. But there is no doubt that it is a good measure for getting out homegrown players to the clubs.

By the way Big Congrats to Croatians :weee:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
its sad that a so called powerhouse footballing nation like england cant even produce good enough BRITISH managers let alone english managers to take the role, and having to rely on foreign influences yet again! when i see nations like northern ireland and scotland who over the past year or 2 have really drilled in the growth of home talent has payed off, i mean scotland finished in a much tougher group with more points than england, and northern ireland, this time last year couldnt even score a goal let alone win matches and beat big teams like spain,sweden, and even england. so let the english rave about how good their overrated epl is, cause at the end of the day the italians have always dominated european football at club level, and 4 times campioni del f*cking mondo whilst the english still living in the past of 19 66 as if the messiah himself is going to return. Im glad england are out, no longer will i have to sit through the other match coverages listening to what david beckham had for breakfast or which toilet roll paul robinson uses before he sh*ts himself instead of the game in hand

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If im not wrong, foreigners % in EPL was about 50 and in Italian Serie A it was <20%.

Esteban - yesterdays game Latvia:Sweden was pretty entertaining, though we should have managed to keep at least 1:1. Our back4 was totally changed (only one def played in his position), in midfield two of our guys got little injuries. Our keeper Nr1 Kolinko maybe played his last match for NT. Kallstrom always scores against us, its so annoying. After some hard time at Spartak Moscow our all time best coach Starkovs is back, so hopefully Latvia will make a miracle like EURO 2004 again.

Im happy about England who failed to reach EURO and im sad, because fuckin Russia get through. Russian footballers better should play table tennis or chess - on natural pitch they are playing so boring, that even Capello would fell in sleep watching them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
If im not wrong, foreigners % in EPL was about 50 and in Italian Serie A it was <20%.

Esteban - yesterdays game Latvia:Sweden was pretty entertaining, though we should have managed to keep at least 1:1. Our back4 was totally changed (only one def played in his position), in midfield two of our guys got little injuries. Our keeper Nr1 Kolinko maybe played his last match for NT. Kallstrom always scores against us, its so annoying. After some hard time at Spartak Moscow our all time best coach Starkovs is back, so hopefully Latvia will make a miracle like EURO 2004 again.

Im happy about England who failed to reach EURO and im sad, because fuckin Russia get through. Russian footballers better should play table tennis or chess - on natural pitch they are playing so boring, that even Capello would fell in sleep watching them.
i heard it was more 60-70% foreigners in england and below 20 in italy, but this was last years figures before the last summer transfer window. but u look at how many foreign managers coach in serie A? - none and in england? only 1 british manager manages the top 4 prem teams, where by the rest have none or very limited european experience at best. its a very sad fact.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
i heard it was more 60-70% foreigners in england and below 20 in italy, but this was last years figures before the last summer transfer window. but u look at how many foreign managers coach in serie A? - none and in england? only 1 british manager manages the top 4 prem teams, where by the rest have none or very limited european experience at best. its a very sad fact.

i guess the difference is if we call wales, ireland and scotland foreigners or not. actually its fucking nice fact - these bloody fatties will reach even lower level after some years. dont see anything sad in it - maybe they will look around and stop calling themselves great. this qualification showed that not SGE was wrong - FA were wrong.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
SCOTLAND DIES LAUGHING

TRIBUTES are being paid to Scotland this morning after the entire country laughed itself to death.

The alarm was first raised at around 10pm last night as thousands of phone calls and text messages went unanswered.

Small groups of volunteers from Berwick-Upon-Tweed and Carlisle ventured north just after midnight only to find houses full of dead people gathered around still blaring television sets.

By dawn, as RAF helicopters flew over deserted city streets, it was clear that the whole country had suffered a catastrophic abdominal rupture.
Wayne Hayes, a special constable from Northumberland, said: "We went into one house in Dunbar and found three men sitting on the sofa with huge smiles on their faces, still holding cans of 70 shilling. They seemed to be at peace."

He added: "In a house near Edinburgh we found a man face down on the living room floor with his trousers and pants round his knees.

"It seems he may have been showing his bare buttocks to the television when he keeled over."

Roy Hobbs, a civil engineer from Northampton , said: "I got a call from my friend Ian in Stirling at about 9.50pm.
"He was already laughing when I answered the phone, but after about 25 minutes of the most vigorous and uncontrollable hilarity, everything suddenly went very quiet."

Moving tributes are already being placed along the Scotland-England border with many mourners opting to leave a simple bag of chips or a deep fried bunch of flowers.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #753

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    mourinho wont take the job, hes after a job which requires more day to day work at club level, capello i think is 80% assured of the new england job, hallejluyah to no changes in england there then, 4-4-2 and long balls are here to stay :lol:

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #757
    well, it is the manager's ultimate test. even more challenging than winning a WC with englnd.
    There's a difference between being a hero and being a moron. Being a hero is leaping on a grenade to save your buddies in the platoon. Being a moron is leaping on a grenade for the sake of leaping on a grenade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)