Official: Cannavaro(O surdato 'nnammurato) wins Golden Ball (1 Viewer)

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Jun-hide said:
Balon D'or should be given to both players. I reckon Fabio and Gigi are at their best playing alongside each other. They possess wonderful understanding of others intention and throughout their performances with Juve and Nazionale, it was evident that two players complemented each other so well to the extent it is rather meaningless to speak of one without the other. A typical example in case - In an extra time against Germany, Canna closed down Poldolski in a manner that gave the German just one angle to hit the ball knowing full well that no matter how hard the ball is struck Gigi will be able to block it. And being Gigi, he stood in the place where Canna was expected him to be and when the ball indeed went flew into him, he parried the ball well away. The save looked emphatic but what was impressing was not the save itself but the positional sense of Gigi and Canna's tactical awareness. I say lets give the honour to both players.

Jun-hide you put into perfect words exactly what I think. I adore Canna but he and Gigi playing together with Juve and the Azzurri were something rare and special on defense. They had an amazing communication between them, each knowing what the other would do. It saddened me terribly when Canna left Juve (I understand his decision and don't call him a traitor) not only because I would miss him but also because it would dissolve that special partnership with Gigi that I so enjoyed watching.

As for those of you claiming that Canna is no good with Real...it's not easy to uproot yourself and your family and settle into a new country where you don't speak the language, where you can't speak to most of your teammates and play on a team with a different style than you are used to. I think both Zambrotta and Canna are having the same problems. Only time will tell, once they have adjusted to their new lives. I often wonder if they regret their choices.

Anyway, back to topic...I think the perfect ending would have been a tie and both Canna and Gigi sharing the award. They are good friends and I think they would have liked that.:)

Edited to add: I think what pushed Canna ahead in the votes was that he was the Captain of the Azzurri and he showed true, strong leadership to his team and led that team to World Cup Victory.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
As akind of lifetime achievement award, I'd love to see Canna get it. He's been an awesome defender, and that doesn't get recognised enough.

Buffon's time will come.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Jeeks said:
Buffon an Inter player?
I can see the headlines now...

"Gianluigi Buffon -- after winning several Scudettos as the #1 for Juventus for many years, and after a successful World Cup-winning campaign in 2006 -- has decided to hang up his cleats and retire. He will be playing for Inter in the 2006-2007 season."

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Guido Rossi: "Fabio and Lippi had control of the National Team. They kept it united...........................Now I hope nobody comes out of the gutter and say it was because of them Fabio won the Golden Ball. I know it's coming since nothing changed in Italy."

1st, It wasen't only Fabio and Marcello that kept the team united blah blah blah...Gigi and the rest had a big part in it too.

2nd, what a fuckin' jab at Juve and Moggi. That rat bastard!!! IT WAS BECAUSE OF MOGGI AND JUVE!!! If Fabio stayed at Inter he would have finished his career as Cordoba's backup or in B with Napoli.

3rd, "since nothing changed in Italy" IDIOT!!! It was your job to change the system. We know what happened. :rolleyes:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm still waiting for Blatter's lobbyists to surprise us all with the official announcement that Zidane wins the Pallone d'Oro this year.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Mark, concerning your comment about Buffon joining Inter, I have the feeling that Inter as of this year will be the next hot thing, I see him moving there as well.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Jeeks said:
Mark, concerning your comment about Buffon joining Inter, I have the feeling that Inter as of this year will be the next hot thing, I see him moving there as well.

Every sign point to Inter. Last year he was 99% Milan. The deal was cash + Abbiati. For some stupid reason Milan loaned him to Torino and the deal was off. Before calciopoli, Gigi was out no doubt about it. Remember the farewell lap run? ;) He was out for two reasons, the main one was Capello. The second was Alena that wanted to be close to Milan for her TV plans. I think they said, one more year...great image towards Juventini....next season it's Milan OR Inter. :tdown:

Welcome Amelia. :)

At least we'll own another half of a golden ball and make a whole one with it. :(

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
If he would move, he would have done it at the begining of this season, he will stay here with Juve, stop doubting about him over and over again.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
If he would move, he would have done it at the begining of this season, he will stay here with Juve, stop doubting about him over and over again.
He will stay at Juve until we reach A.

Let's get back to Cannavaro to win the golden bollocks; why is it an achievement to move to Madrid? it is mentioned in Cannavaro's reasons to win the prize.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't doubt Buffon, he was happy to stay in B when the Milan deal was off. He stayed for the fans and couldn't get out with the team in this situation. I doubt Cobolli and cie though.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I went off-topic talking about Buffon. :D

It's Canna day, we should all celebrate and thank him for the years he gave Juve. :p

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Now let's turn the table around and let's say calciopoli never happened and Gigi was with Milan and Fabio stayed with Juve and played the CL and all. We'd be wanking on Canna's pic with the Golden Ball. :D

The thing is he left and we're pissed about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)