Official: Cannavaro(O surdato 'nnammurato) wins Golden Ball (3 Viewers)

ahmad193

Dec 4, 2006
nah.. its just that i like zizu

to be fair.. they should've given it to Ronaldinho...

i mean.. cumon! La Liga.... Champions League ( had Ronaldinho written all over them )

cannavaro did well in the World cup .... but 2 years of his career were flushed down the toilet when juve were found guilty of match fixing and shit ... so its hard to give any credibility to his performance in the serie a.

Ronaldinho ( though im not a fan ) deserved it more than anybody

ahmad193

Dec 4, 2006
i'm not entirely sure of the reason behind that decision...
cuz we saw what Henry could do to cannavaro in the CL.
and we saw what ronaldinho did to La Liga and the rest of europe.
why do they favor canna just because he had some good games in the WC ?

boggles my mind... but what the hell... it should cheer him up while he "finds his form" with real madrid.

ADiGATi0N

Dec 2, 2006
Well I think Buffon and Cannavaro both deserve it but I wish Buffon won it because he stayed with Juve. I really hated Cannavaro for leaving to Real.
Ronaldinho doesnt deserve that ball.
Buffon's and Cannavaro's performances at the world cup were outstanding.
I think all the Italian squad played really good including Pirlo, Grosso, Zambrotta, Materazzi.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
AlexTheGreat said:
the collision between 2 of them at the very beginning of the match put him into unconsciousness for a while if u remember that scene, but I dont see thats the reason France were defeated in the final
Well, obviously Henry thinks HE is the key player for France NT.:p

Sep 1, 2002
Canna did take him out of the game and for that he should be ashamed: it was deliberate and cowardly: I guess he remembered how Henry tore him apart in the CL.

Why should Henry not have a moan about it?: imagine if Lilly had taken out Ol' Lovely eyes DP in the same way, what would the reaction be here?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
bianconero said:
Canna did take him out of the game and for that he should be ashamed: it was deliberate and cowardly: I guess he remembered how Henry tore him apart in the CL.

Why should Henry not have a moan about it?: imagine if Lilly had taken out Ol' Lovely eyes DP in the same way, what would the reaction be here?
I don't think Canna intended to injure Henry. You know just well as I do, defenders like to put their body or two, slam it in hard, to damage the psyche of players as much as anythingelse. Especially in the final, where there is a nerve unsettled, and a lot at stake, strikers could easily be disturbed. And there is no better time to do that in first 3 minutes of WC, because (1) it gets out your own nerves and (2) refs arent going to show yellow in first 3mins because he then have to wave one everytime a player goes down. From a tactical perspective, what Canna did was very smart, and I can't imagine Canna wanting to deliberately harm Henry.

As for the Arsenal match, real villian of that game was Zebina. He was left for dead repeatedly time and time again, the whole structure of defence was just broken down. There is nothing CB can do when you spend all your time just covering up incompetent teammate whole time.

Beside, I felt Henry played a best match of WC in the second half of the final. He didnt look injured to me at the time. Its easy going back over the match and examine every single detail and moan about it (well France should never had the penalty to begin with), but the matter of fact is that incidence didnt play much role in terms of shaping the result of the match.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
bianconero said:

You cannot be serious! The "collision" was accidental, poor little Thierry made a big deal of it. Obviously forgetting the FACTS that he has yet to show up in ANY big game, esp finals - FA Cup finals have been won for Arsenal by Vieira, Ljungberg, CL Final where was he? WC 98 he was sat on his ass, Euro 2000? Bailed out by Trez & Wiltord, WC 02? Nowhere again, Euro 04? This last WC? Leave it to ZZ, he aint interested. As I posted on Trezeguet thread, Henry is a big fish in a poor defensive league, a flat track bully vs players like Linvoy Primus, Mark Fish & Lucas Niell. Anyone remember a big Henry performance v Man Utd? Chelsea? Liverpool? Barca? Any time he faces a world class defender he bottles it. The Arsenal game v Juve was a one off, more down to the poor tactics & selection of Crapello. Saying Europes best player took out an underachieving, flat track bully because he was scared of him is beyond the ridiculous, its fictional soap opera stuff!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
JuveAdam said:
You cannot be serious! The "collision" was accidental, poor little Thierry made a big deal of it. Obviously forgetting the FACTS that he has yet to show up in ANY big game, esp finals - FA Cup finals have been won for Arsenal by Vieira, Ljungberg, CL Final where was he? WC 98 he was sat on his ass, Euro 2000? Bailed out by Trez & Wiltord, WC 02? Nowhere again, Euro 04? This last WC? Leave it to ZZ, he aint interested. As I posted on Trezeguet thread, Henry is a big fish in a poor defensive league, a flat track bully vs players like Linvoy Primus, Mark Fish & Lucas Niell. Anyone remember a big Henry performance v Man Utd? Chelsea? Liverpool? Barca? Any time he faces a world class defender he bottles it. The Arsenal game v Juve was a one off, more down to the poor tactics & selection of Crapello. Saying Europes best player took out an underachieving, flat track bully because he was scared of him is beyond the ridiculous, its fictional soap opera stuff!
On a Henry's defence,

He did chew and chew and chew and chewed Inter defence. But then again Inter hardly qualifies as big team does it?:D
That alone I can't really hate the man though he does irritate me at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)