Official: Cannavaro(O surdato 'nnammurato) wins Golden Ball (7 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
bianconero said:
Buffon, if based on the entire season for country and club:
Zidane if based on the World Cup, where he showed the world just what can be done with feet (not to mention the head!).
Bianconero, Buffon was splendid after coming back from a long-term injury, but for me hasnt played long enough to win the award. Henry and Canna played for almost every single game in their respective domestic league, and durability is definetely an issue for me when the margin between candidates was razor thin as this year.

But I agree with you Del Piero fans slacking up a bit. I followed Del Piero as a kid scoring his debut goal but I do find FC Del Pie to be pretty hilarious.

I must say we fans now do know good sides and bad side of Zizou's bald head. As they say, every coin has two sides.:D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Canna admits age concern
Tuesday 28 November, 2006

Golden Ball winner Fabio Cannavaro has admitted that he would have stayed at Juventus had he been younger.

The defender left the Bianconeri to join Real Madrid in the summer after the Old Lady was demoted to Serie B for their role in Calciopoli.

However, the new European Player of the Year believes things would have been different had he not been 33-years-old.

“Playing in Serie B was not a sacrifice,” Cannavaro told France Football. “Had I been younger I think I would have stayed in Turin, but then I received the offer from Spain.

“Had I stayed with Juventus I might have returned to Serie A at 35, when many players start to consider the idea of retiring.

“I had a unique chance to wear the Real Madrid outfit and continue playing at the highest level. For any other club, except Napoli of course, I would have never even considered the offer.”

Cannavaro then moved on to speak about the Calciopoli scandal, although the player insists that the trophies won by Juventus were all deserved on the pitch.

“Everyone knew of Luciano Moggi’s contacts and how powerful Juve were, but we had no idea how far that could go. In any case, that does not change the fact that we were the best club.

“I still remember when Mahamadou Diarra came to me and said ‘Ah, Moggi – money!’. I tried to explain that Moggi did not visit referees to offer them money.

“With the power he had he could influence the assignment of a referee to one match instead of another, which I know is not a normal procedure,” explained the Azzurri captain.

“The problem is that people, especially abroad, believe that Juve bought the matches, but that is not true.

“It was a huge abuse of power that must be condemned, but that was also useless. We were the best and we proved it.

“On July 9 there were eight Bianconeri, plus some former players like Zinedine Zidane and Thierry Henry, on the Berlin pitch for the World Cup Final,” concluded Cannavaro.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Arif said:
Canna admits age concern

Golden Ball winner Fabio Cannavaro has admitted that he would have stayed at Juventus had he been younger.

The defender left the Bianconeri to join Real Madrid in the summer after the Old Lady was demoted to Serie B for their role in Calciopoli.

However, the new European Player of the Year believes things would have been different had he not been 33-years-old.

“Playing in Serie B was not a sacrifice,” Cannavaro told France Football. “Had I been younger I think I would have stayed in Turin, but then I received the offer from Spain.

“Had I stayed with Juventus I might have returned to Serie A at 35, when many players start to consider the idea of retiring.

“I had a unique chance to wear the Real Madrid outfit and continue playing at the highest level. For any other club, except Napoli of course, I would have never even considered the offer.”

Cannavaro then moved on to speak about the Calciopoli scandal, although the player insists that the trophies won by Juventus were all deserved on the pitch.

“Everyone knew of Luciano Moggi’s contacts and how powerful Juve were, but we had no idea how far that could go. In any case, that does not change the fact that we were the best club.

“I still remember when Mahamadou Diarra came to me and said ‘Ah, Moggi – money!’. I tried to explain that Moggi did not visit referees to offer them money.

“With the power he had he could influence the assignment of a referee to one match instead of another, which I know is not a normal procedure,” explained the Azzurri captain.

“The problem is that people, especially abroad, believe that Juve bought the matches, but that is not true.

“It was a huge abuse of power that must be condemned, but that was also useless. We were the best and we proved it.

“On July 9 there were eight Bianconeri, plus some former players like Zinedine Zidane and Thierry Henry, on the Berlin pitch for the World Cup Final,” concluded Cannavaro.
Fantastic article, at least the part about Calciopoli scandal.

He explained the whole scandal perfectly. Forza Cannavaro!

Good job, Arif!:tup: +rep

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
m_elayyan said:
he was in top level with juve but now he is crap with real
Do you see why I dislike Barcelona and their fans?

Had he been with Barcelona and playing the exact same way he is playing with Real, you would have said, he was in top level with Juve but now his form dropped:

Jul 2, 2006
Arif said:
Canna admits age concern

that diarra must be idiot

ah, real-craps!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Jacques said:

Had he been with Barcelona and playing the exact same way he is playing with Real, you would have said, he was in top level with Juve but now his form dropped:
:agree:

mondo1

May 14, 2006
i give a f*ck off ronaldhino and eto'o.
where was ronaldhino at the world cup? or in the cl final? he really didn't play a good season. and if he would play against canna he wouldn't have a change....go and realise that he is the best defender in the world and can stop every one

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
Originally Posted by Arif
Canna admits age concern

thanks for the article Arif:toast:

congrats to Canna very well deserved:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Jacques said:

do you see real games ??? do you see canavaro at the same level as he was with juve ???

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
had he stayed with juve, the golden ball would have been probably awarded to henry or zidane. juve player would not have got that award, obviously because of scandals.

Jul 23, 2006
Jacques said:

:agree:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
m_elayyan said:
do you see real games ??? do you see canavaro at the same level as he was with juve ???
Yes I watch real games. No, I don't see him at the same level. I would say his form has dropped.

But you would say his form dropped if he were with Barca and you would say he is crap when he's with Madrid. You would say he'll come back if he were with Barca and you would say he's finished with Madrid.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Jacques said:
Yes I watch real games. No, I don't see him at the same level. I would say his form has dropped.

But you would say his form dropped if he were with Barca and you would say he is crap when he's with Madrid. You would say he'll come back if he were with Barca and you would say he's finished with Madrid.
comparing his fantastis form with juve , he is crap now , even zamprotta who is a barca player now i say his form is crap comparing to his form with juve

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Stephan said:
had he stayed with juve, the golden ball would have been probably awarded to henry or zidane. juve player would not have got that award, obviously because of scandals.
:agree: +rep

m_elayyan said:
Do you see Zambrotta at the same level as he was with Juve?

He was good in Juve, but he is crap in Barcelona.

vletrmx

Mar 22, 2006
happy for canavaro. i realy think that now he is thinking: "why, oh why did i come to madrid, i really shouldn't have joined this so called "team".. i wish juve could take me back in january"..

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
vletrmx said:
happy for canavaro. i realy think that now he is thinking: "why, oh why did i come to madrid, i really shouldn't have joined this so called "team".. i wish juve could take me back in january"..
No, he´s thinking like this: "Thank you Real Madrid for this because if I stayed in Juventus, I wouldn´t win Golden Ball. I can now play bad and earn millions of Euros...:weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)