Official: Cannavaro(O surdato 'nnammurato) wins Golden Ball (1 Viewer)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Juve-Prince said:
IMO Buffon deserves the trophy more than Canna...
He was more decive than him in the semi and final of world cup!
I feel bad for gigi coz i think prize should have gone his way, but congrats to canna :smoke:

If we judge on WC performance I think Canna was a s crucial if not more so throughout the entire WC, especially the semi's against Germany. i would rate that they had the same amount of contribution. Canna was always there in defense, and when he lacked the quality, Buffon stepped up and made incredible saves.

Throughout the year, i think Canna would win it, he was great throughout the entire year and perhaps Buffon was great too but wasn't tested enough to show it.

I would prefer Buffon, simply because he stayed here, a sacrifice from a true Champion.

The best comment I heard was from Zambrotta he said something like

' I dont care who wins as long as he's a bianconero, afterall there were 8 of us in that final.'

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
- vOnAm - said:
If we judge on WC performance I think Canna was a s crucial if not more so throughout the entire WC, especially the semi's against Germany. i would rate that they had the same amount of contribution. Canna was always there in defense, and when he lacked the quality, Buffon stepped up and made incredible saves.

Throughout the year, i think Canna would win it, he was great throughout the entire year and perhaps Buffon was great too but wasn't tested enough to show it.

I would prefer Buffon, simply because he stayed here, a sacrifice from a true Champion.

The best comment I heard was from Zambrotta he said something like

' I dont care who wins as long as he's a bianconero, afterall there were 8 of us in that final.'
I agree somehow, but how can u expect a keeper to be tested all the time, if there is a great defence infront of him?!!!
I think Canna made some very few errors (certainaly not crucial) and Buffon didn't!!!
as u said his loyalty 2 his club should be taken into consideration!!!
anyway its a personal opinion :smoke:

Buphs

Oct 27, 2006
I think that Gigi should have been having it. He's the greatest goalkeeper in the world and it's his fault that Italia won the worldcup. But otherwise you can take it in that way that Canna had too. And it ain't long time ago that Canna was a real Juventino, so it don't really matter I think:D

But serious, how can he go from being a big part of the central defense in Juventus and being a fantastic player and legend, to be a Real Madrid sob and suck bigtime? I don't get it. Seriously, agree - he ain't good in Real!

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Buphs said:
I think that Gigi should have been having it. He's the greatest goalkeeper in the world and it's his fault that Italia won the worldcup. But otherwise you can take it in that way that Canna had too. And it ain't long time ago that Canna was a real Juventino, so it don't really matter I think:D

But serious, how can he go from being a big part of the central defense in Juventus and being a fantastic player and legend, to be a Real Madrid sob and suck bigtime? I don't get it. Seriously, agree - he ain't good in Real!
:agree:
he is normal there :smoke:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Jeeks said:
Buffon an Inter player?
it was a joke but the more I think about it, the more it could happen. :disagree:

also, apparently Gigi was 1st at the voting deadline but some votes came in after it and Cannavaro won. :disagree:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
mark77 said:
it was a joke but the more I think about it, the more it could happen. :disagree:

also, apparently Gigi was 1st at the voting deadline but some votes came in after it and Cannavaro won. :disagree:
Mark, why don´t you put a hot chick in your avatar for a change instead of ugly old-men.:D :p

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
congratulations fabio, well deserved..
Even though I would have happier if gigi won it. he would have deserved it too.. and he made a brave decision to stay at his club at the hardest time of their history

forza Gigi
forza canavaro

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Balon D'or should be given to both players. I reckon Fabio and Gigi are at their best playing alongside each other. They possess wonderful understanding of others intention and throughout their performances with Juve and Nazionale, it was evident that two players complemented each other so well to the extent it is rather meaningless to speak of one without the other. A typical example in case - In an extra time against Germany, Canna closed down Poldolski in a manner that gave the German just one angle to hit the ball knowing full well that no matter how hard the ball is struck Gigi will be able to block it. And being Gigi, he stood in the place where Canna was expected him to be and when the ball indeed went flew into him, he parried the ball well away. The save looked emphatic but what was impressing was not the save itself but the positional sense of Gigi and Canna's tactical awareness. I say lets give the honour to both players.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Jun-hide said:
Balon D'or should be given to both players. I reckon Fabio and Gigi are at their best playing alongside each other. They possess wonderful understanding of others intention and throughout their performances with Juve and Nazionale, it was evident that two players complemented each other so well to the extent it is rather meaningless to speak of one without the other. A typical example in case - In an extra time against Germany, Canna closed down Poldolski in a manner that gave the German just one angle to hit the ball knowing full well that no matter how hard the ball is struck Gigi will be able to block it. And being Gigi, he stood in the place where Canna was expected him to be and when the ball indeed went flew into him, he parried the ball well away. The save looked emphatic but what was impressing was not the save itself but the positional sense of Gigi and Canna's tactical awareness. I say lets give the honour to both players.
well said Jun-hide :agree:
thats what i said before...they complete each other :smoke:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Badass Devil said:
gigi for golden ball

i doubt v much we will witness such a great keeper for a very long time, a defender like cannavaro comes off the production line all the time
word.

plus he's a merc... j/k

na but 4 real GBizzzle deserved it, name another keeper that plays as good as he does?

and dont say king chimi b.devil:p

hooligan

Aug 10, 2005
In my opinion Gigi or Canna both desorved the golden ball...but I think that should exist a trophy for wich position...Look all this years the winners are strikers and waht about keepers?! and defenders?! well in collective sport shouldn't exist only a trophy but one for wich position...

(sorry my english) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)