OFFICIAL: Boumsong to Juve (4.8m €) (12 Viewers)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
rscafan said:
I don't think he is a bad signing, I think he can be the next Thuram for us, if given a fair chance.
The next Thuram?! He's already 26, by the time Thuram retires he will still have Gallas, Mexes, Givet and some I forget in front of him. He's a decent player, but don't hype him up just because he signed for Juve.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
how much did we pay for him?

Some places say £3 million. Others £2.6 million. Others say 4.6 million euros others 5

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
ZhiXin said:
Not necessarily true
Agree, just on top of my head I came with two "flops" in italy. Thierry Henry and Stephane Dalmat.. im sure theres many more.. maybe we can make a thread out of this hmm. Of course I cant think of a single spanish/english who has done well in serie A for the past decade.. so it aint too bad.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
PhRoZeN said:
Agree, just on top of my head I came with two "flops" in italy. Thierry Henry and Stephane Dalmat.. im sure theres many more.. maybe we can make a thread out of this hmm. Of course I cant think of a single spanish/english who has done well in serie A for the past decade.. so it aint too bad.

i wudnt say henry was necessarily a flop, cuz he was a left winger and he only played in italy for 18 months, im talking more of the longer term players like trez,platini,thuram,etc...

as for dalmat - he played at inter so thats expected.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
Badass Devil said:
i wudnt say henry was necessarily a flop, cuz he was a left winger and he only played in italy for 18 months, im talking more of the longer term players like trez,platini,thuram,etc...

as for dalmat - he played at inter so thats expected.
I don't quite understand, so you say that every player who plays on the left wing can not be a "flop"? And only 18 months? Isn't that enough time to prove yourself? If not, then how long should it take?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Just read what Football365.com wrote about him:
----------------------------------------------------------

So bad he made Titf**k Bumble look like Newcastle's class defender. And yet for some inexplicable reason Graeme Souness paid a very grateful Rangers ?8m for a player available for absolutely zero English (or Scottish) pounds just six months before.

His decent games for Newcastle can be counted on the fingers of one of Jeremy Beadle's hands, while a Google search for 'Boumsong mistake' reaped 11,300 matches. He has been truly, truly rotten and yet has just clinched a move to Juventus for roughly ?3m. Yes, that's just ?5m lost in 18 months. Nice work, Souey. Anyone who ever thinks of giving that man another job should only need to hear the sentence 'Newcastle paid ?8m for Jean-Alain Boumsong' to have a very swift u-turn.

Apparently his nickname is 'un, deux, trois...BOUMSONG'. We can only assume this refers to a count of brain cells.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_1438069,00.html

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ReBeL said:
Just read what Football365.com wrote about him:
----------------------------------------------------------

So bad he made Titf**k Bumble look like Newcastle's class defender. And yet for some inexplicable reason Graeme Souness paid a very grateful Rangers ?8m for a player available for absolutely zero English (or Scottish) pounds just six months before.

His decent games for Newcastle can be counted on the fingers of one of Jeremy Beadle's hands, while a Google search for 'Boumsong mistake' reaped 11,300 matches. He has been truly, truly rotten and yet has just clinched a move to Juventus for roughly ?3m. Yes, that's just ?5m lost in 18 months. Nice work, Souey. Anyone who ever thinks of giving that man another job should only need to hear the sentence 'Newcastle paid ?8m for Jean-Alain Boumsong' to have a very swift u-turn.

Apparently his nickname is 'un, deux, trois...BOUMSONG'. We can only assume this refers to a count of brain cells.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_1438069,00.html
tbh i used to say that alot.Every time someone says Graeme Souness i say, he paid 8m for good old JB here.

But a 2nd look at it would show us that the whole team was playing very badly and he didnt have much help in the backline as he played with equally bad Titus Bramble and with the youngester Taylor i think who wasnt very bad but not that good.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Morra10 said:
barzagli should be on his list.......but i hope boom boom turns out to be the next thuram

Any person in the world that has a slight knowledge of football knows that isnt going to happen.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
Hey Boumsong was great for Auxerre, don't know how he performed for Rangers though, but if he can become his former self again, he'll be pretty good.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Bardock said:
Hey Boumsong was great for Auxerre, don't know how he performed for Rangers though, but if he can become his former self again, he'll be pretty good.

Ive seen him since he left auxerre and hes been amazingly Shocking! I lost interest in this Sonic Boum character. He might do well with us, but did you see this clips peoples posted on him here? Thats the Sonic Boum I know. Calamity Or What.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)