OFFICIAL: Boumsong to Juve (4.8m €) (1 Viewer)

p0rcupine_tree

love the art in yourself
Feb 27, 2005
maybdeschamps sees in him something...lets say a defender got injured and another one got a red card...i think he is ok after kovac, tudor, and legro...we'll see what will happen...remember guys were in serie b and things are different...thank for this guy that he is ready to fight with us to go for serie a...after all berzagli or others wont leave the champions league to play with us in serie b...lets hpoe all the best with all respect...maybe ull do bad stuff or good stuff but thank u boumsong!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Now instead of bashing him, I'll give him a chance and welcome him and hope he does well. The guy has the talent. He was good with Auxerre and Rangers and poor with Newcastle. Newcastle is like the English Inter. We though Legrottaglie was good when we got him and flopped. Cannavaro didn't do well with Inter......Let's give him a chance. Unlike others, he accpeted Juve in Serie B. :p

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Some nice words from J-AB on his site about Juve.(In French)

http://www.jeanalainboumsong.fr/adslfr/lecnews.php

I chose Juve

- "I think that Juventus's name talks by itself. It's a big club with history."

- He mentions that other clubs wanted him on loan. He wanted some stability.

- Pround to play in a club were Platini, Baggio and Zidane took part.

- "I can't wait to wear that mythical jersey".

- When he was a kid(10), his home town club was named Juventus. "I guess it was destiny".

- Doesn't care about the critics that say he's going to a B club and could lose his spot in the NT. He knows what to do. He has to work hard.

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
we shouldn't judge him, before we saw him in the field. If we play in Seria A, we would like to see some other players, but because we are still in Seria B, he is probably the best choice we could get and after all he accept playing in Seria B. But after all I still want to see Barzagli and Faty in Juventus shirt.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
mark77 said:
Now instead of bashing him, I'll give him a chance and welcome him and hope he does well. The guy has the talent. He was good with Auxerre and Rangers and poor with Newcastle. Newcastle is like the English Inter. We though Legrottaglie was good when we got him and flopped. Cannavaro didn't do well with Inter......Let's give him a chance. Unlike others, he accpeted Juve in Serie B. :p
Exactly, why bash him. I say we wait and see.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
mark77 said:
Some nice words from J-AB on his site about Juve.(In French)

http://www.jeanalainboumsong.fr/adslfr/lecnews.php

I chose Juve

- "I think that Juventus's name talks by itself. It's a big club with history."

- He mentions that other clubs wanted him on loan. He wanted some stability.

- Pround to play in a club were Platini, Baggio and Zidane took part.

- "I can't wait to wear that mythical jersey".

- When he was a kid(10), his home town club was named Juventus. "I guess it was destiny".

- Doesn't care about the critics that say he's going to a B club and could lose his spot in the NT. He knows what to do. He has to work hard.
any player comes to Juve during such a dark period deserve some respect

aingy

Jun 29, 2006
mark77 said:

:agree:

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
so far what i saw from him in the last 2 years...he doesnt even have the qualities of a top defender..but this is a club that developed comebacks (Mutu)...so i still have faith in him...lets give him a chance and see..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Im so and so about this move, its nothing but a risk. We have taken many risks in the past.. some would say why not now? But then aint we run by different people this time or are we gonna follow the same principles of grabbing an unknown or flop (midaged or older) as cheap as possible rather than trying to develop some youngsters at the same time. Yes certain flops have gone our way, mutu, davids being some of the bigger names, but do we really need one now considering we are playing in serie B?

As for those who think we should be greatful that Boumsong is at Juve.. well I disagree. Boumsong was brill at auxerre, but then in them days auxerre had some other big names beside him. At rangers, I say no more it was a scottish league, even zebina can be the greatest player there in a matter of days. Newcastle was certainly a challenge.. a challenge he just couldnt handle. So in reality he should be going to a mid table side if anything to resurrect his career. Well if anything he made the right choice in choosing Juve because we are expected to easily come through serie B, and even he knows tha which should to the least make us one of the top dogs again next season. To a certain extent this is the perfect opportunity, but once again we act like a rehabilitation club. Its worked, but for how long.. I also believe that Boumsong would have had a nice wage packet (much more than at newcastle).. and no offense to the french but its not a suprise DD bringing in a compatriot.

However all the criticism aside, I can only hope this transfer is worthwhile and I wish him the best.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i agree with you that it is a risk but with the situation that we are in right now how many golden players would "lower" themselves by coming to play in B? also i agree that he needs some work, he needs to play at a higher level in our backfield and with all the praises about zebina maybe he and DD can make him into a better player and later on sell him for some good cash and pick up some one better.

at the end of the day he still is a decent player - he is no pesso or ferrarra but at least we know that he can somewhat play.

fgm .

Mar 18, 2004
God help us! They wanted a defender but some idiot thought Juve needed an offender!!!! Boumsong has been a laughing stock in Scots and English football.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)