OFFICIAL: Boumsong to Juve (4.8m €) (8 Viewers)

May 25, 2006

Juventus director of football, Alessio Secco, kicked off proceedings at today’s official presentation of Jean-Alain Boumsong, joined by coach, Didier Deschamps, CEO and director general, Jean-Claude Blanc, and club chairman, Giovanni Cobolli Gigli: “Boumsong is the defender we’ve been looking for. Didier wanted to sign him and I’m pleased we’ve been able to grant him his wishes. I’d also like to thank Newcastle and the Shepherd family for their part in what has been a very simple and straight-forward transfer”.
It was then the turn of Didier Deschamps to address the attending journalists: “It was important for me to strengthen the defence. I knew Jean-Alain well already, and I knew he had the right characteristics to really add something to the quality of the side; he is not just an extra player. He also has very good experience, having played in the French national side and the English championship. I’ve very pleased he accepted the project we have here, given that there is still an air of uncertainty surrounding our immediate future, but he is very motivated and happy in his new environment, and he is looking forward to working with his new team mates”.:p

Boumsong then fielded questions from the press: “Obviously the departures of Thuram and Cannavaro have left a void but I am not here to fill their shoes, I am here to wear this jersey, to honour this jersey and to play the best I can to bring the team success”. And did he have any second thoughts while he was making his decision? “I’m not going to deny I did think about how this would affect my international career, but I no longer have any doubts. Juve will always be a great club, in Serie A or Serie B. I’m here to progress with Juventus, this is a mythical team”. And were there any problems with Newcastle? “I had no particular problems with the club, as the smoothness of my transfer shows”. And was the French connection an important factor? “Obviously I was thrilled at the chance to play for such a great club but the coach did play a major role in my decision to come here. I knew I would be able to work well with him and make excellent progress as a player. Of course there are other Frenchmen in the side but I am here in Italy to play football for this team”. And does he know any of his new team mates? “I’ve never played against Juventus but I know David Trezeguet and Jonathan Zebina. I can’t wait to meet Del Piero, Camoranesi and Buffon, who I know already, as well as the rest of the team”.
The 26 year old defender then posed for photographs with his brand new number 18 jersey, alongside Messrs Cobolli Gigli :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)