Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Cassano- he's the present, not much time left for a future
Rossi- he's yet to convince me
Candreva- :shifty:
Givinco- He's better than Giovinco, who's almost 32 now
Marchisio- :cd:
Montolivo- :cry:
Quagliarella- :oops:
Pazzini- :bread:
De Rossi- that mofo better stop being a gay Roman and actually be good for the NT
Chiellini- :heart:
Santon- well the new Maldini of course
Balotelli- oh wait, you didn't mention him:rndh:
Hahah I like the way you introduced the players. :)
When I said future , I didn't think 2018 , I pointed at the nearest EURO 2012.

But I need to ask you several things:
Candreva- :shifty: , why shifty?
Marchisio- :cd: , what does it mean?
Quagliarella- :oops: , why oops?
Pazzini- :bread: , what is this?

and I also said there some new names to appear .

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
They were even the better team and the team who created more chances. They missed a penalty and they missed a chance with the goal empty ala Nigeria against Korea. The whole nation was in a state of shock when they lost to NZ :D

Also, NZ in the last confed cup celebrated like they won the WC when they drew against Iraq in the last match of the group stage, they were so happy they went out with a point, that they literally celebrated :p

But they still managed to be ahead of Italy :lol:
You have no right to lol at Italy, you FRANCER!!!

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
They were even the better team and the team who created more chances. They missed a penalty and they missed a chance with the goal empty ala Nigeria against Korea. The whole nation was in a state of shock when they lost to NZ :D

Also, NZ in the last confed cup celebrated like they won the WC when they drew against Iraq in the last match of the group stage, they were so happy they went out with a point, that they literally celebrated :p

But they still managed to be ahead of Italy :lol:
+1

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
You need players like Totti and Del Piero for this Azzurri. And no, Cassano and Miccoli are not Totti and Del Piero. You need charisma, brain, leadership, and someone who knows how to read the game.

Mar 24, 2006
Way a blunder made by Lippi , why the hell did Lippi start Gattuso over Pirlo or Marchisio while Italy was desperately needing a creativity ?
Italy played like an amateur at the 1st half , no passion at all , after Slovakia's 1st goal i expected a massive comeback but pheww disgusting display by Azzurri boys , special note on Marchetti , i don't know his real quality but he was absolutely shitty last night , CriSHITo is avarage at best , Zambro and Canna are finished , the Rhino should never been allowed to play from the beginning , he added nothing , De Rossi was misplaced far down to protect for defensive role which didn't work , Quag , Pirlo and Di Natale were decent .

Hard luck , maybe next time .

Forza Juventus !!!

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
I grew up watching Ale and Totti take the pitch every sunday. Del Piero was, in every way imaginable, my idol. In the nineties it wasn't because he won that I liked him, but because of his exceptional class and passion. You could see it in his eyes that he loved football more than anything. And then there was Totti. Not quite the class act Del Piero was, but such a great player and a man who was very passionate about his city and his country. They represented everything I liked about football.

People associated me with Del Piero, because he was all I would talk about. Del Piero was my guy and everyone knew this. If he fucked up for Juventus or god forbid Italy, I would have to take some of the abuse too. And I did. My God, 2000 was the most horrible experience any young football fan could encounter. My idol, no my hero, had fallen. For months the mere look of him pained me. But then he scored that goal against Bari.. Juventus won the title in 2002 and Del Piero scored against Mexico.

Apart from that 2002 was the worst World Cup I have ever witnessed and I hope not to see anything like it ever again. It still disgusts me. Not only because of what happened on the pitch, but also because of the racial slur the Italians and Spaniards had to endure. I had never imagined that FIFA officials and with them fans from all over the world would have no problems with dragging them through the mud like that, not because they deserved it, but because they were what they were. 2004 didn't make things better in that aspect. Fixed or not, it was odd to see the entire world come down on the Azzurri once again.

But then came 2006. In all probability the last chance for some of my heroes to shine. Rocked by a scandal things looked rather bad at the beginning of the tournament, but led by an inspired coach Italy went on to win the damn thing. And I cannot possibly describe to any of you how glad I was to see Del Piero hold that trophy. I still watch the pictures from time to time. The generation of Italian players I grew up admiring so so much had won the title. It wasn't my title and I'll never claim it was, but the memory of hearing people shout "campioni del mondo! campioni del mondo!" while gazing over Florence and watching the Tuscan hills is something that I will always hold dear.

This World Cup it wasn't meant to be. Italy quite simply lacked quality. I didn't agree with Lippi's choices (why leave Del Piero, Totti and Cassano at home when there are no other options, why not start Quagliarella? I've wanted the guy to play the entire tournament and then he does and is brilliant). But I, for one, will not attack Marcello. He has been great and I know he will take responsibility now too. Because that's who Lippi is: a true gentleman. I feel bad for some of the players. Because they shouldn't have gone or because they should have played more. But I will not say this Italy deserved more than this. They are not a good team.

But they will be. There will be other Italian talents. Italy will do well in 2012. They will do well in 2014. But as for now, some fans will have to accept that you can't win them all. And there will no doubt be a lot of taunting. Some fans are that petty that they take so much pleasure in another man's loss. I can only say that I sympathise with them. This is what they have in their lives: they want to see another man fall. However I can't be bothered with them right now. I'm going to Spain tomorrow and I don't have the time.

No regrets, Marcello. You won in 2006, you made poor choices in 2010, but it happens. These things happen.
Brillant. Ditto

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Personally, I cared a lot less about this Italy side than the ones in the past. Partly due to the fact that we (as in Juve, not Italy) just had an awful season. But mainly due to the Calciopoli farce still leaving a bitter aftertaste.

But even though I was & still am watching this tournament as a neutral (apart from wanting my predictions to come true obviously :D), seeing Buffon yesterday makes me incredibly sad. Heck, same for Lippi. He may have failed this time, but he's still my all time favourite manager & I don't see that changing any time soon.
Those images yesterday near the end of the game really made me want Italy to pull it off...

Oh, and I still want Juve to consist of mainly Italian players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)