Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
piss poor really, lippi's choices were wack but in reality the players arent there right now.
it was a lot like watching juventus this season, no sense of creativity or a credible attack, we barely were a threat really.

deserved to go out, really shit season for me, first juve now this :(

Mar 24, 2006
piss poor really, lippi's choices were wack but in reality the players arent there right now.
it was a lot like watching juventus this season, no sense of creativity or a credible attack, we barely were a threat really.

deserved to go out, really shit season for me, first juve now this :(
We will win the Scudetto next season , Cheers :hellyes:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Gazzetta are speculating who will be part of Prandelli's Azzurri. These are probably simple predictions, but who knows, maybe they did have a chat with Prandelli.

No surprises here:

Goalkeepers: Despite his injuries, Buffon remains a certainty and a first choice for the keeper position. Marchetti probably stays as a choice and sub for Buffon. For De Sanctis the NT career is over. Sirigu in his place as one of the 3 keepers.

Defense: Zambrotta said that he won't say goodbye to the NT. But he will probably be a victim of the rinnovamento. Instead of him: Cassani and Maggio. Motta and Santon are also candidates. In central defense, Bonucci and Chiellini are the future duo and Ranocchia is the new name. Bocchetti is an unknown. Gamberini (Prandelli's favorite in Fiorentina) might be back in the NT. Santacroce might be called too. On the left side: Criscito is the present and the future, while De Ceglie and Antonini will be followed closely.

Midfield: Gattuso is leaving, he said so himself. Camoranesi though is still available to the new coach, but it's hard to expect that there will be space for him in the new cycle. It's rather unlikely that Prandelli will call Pirlo, who isn't a boy anymore. The future in the NT is secured for DDR, Montolivo and Marchisio, who, an injury aside, are all sure for euro 2012. Not as sure is the future in the NT for Pepe and Palombo. Possible new-old names: Galloppa, Pulzetti, D’Agostino, Lazzari, Aquilani, Mannini, Palladino, Marchionni, Cerci and Abate

Attack: Di Natale isn't a kid and his NT adventure finishes here. Quagliarella will stay. Pazzini, Gilardino and Iaquinta are still candidates. The new names: Cassano and Balotelli, as well as Miccoli, Giuseppe Rossi, Borriello and Matri.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Italy team to win Euro 2012:

Buffon

Santon - Ranocchia - Chiellini - Criscito

De Rossi - Aquilani - Marchisio

Balotelli - Borriello - Cassano​

:oops:
It looks fine but with too many new names and a new coach. A team that will need some time to gel. And also, we don't know if it's gonna be THE team or Prandelli will prefer his Fiorentina boys, like Montolivo.

Italy are in the group with a quality Serbian team with players in the perfect age (despite their disappointing WC campaign) and only the first place qualifies directly while the second place plays qualifiers.

Italy first need to qualify for the EUROs and only then their media (not you or me. We can say whatever we want here) can make plans for the EURO. Reading Gazzetta and CdS, one gets an impression that Italy are already playing at the EURO 2012.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The Italian media often speaks in the future tense, particularly after a disappointment. People have been looking forward even before this tournament started, I'm not sure announcing the future of the coach before the tournament was great.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The Italian media often speaks in the future tense, particularly after a disappointment. People have been looking forward even before this tournament started, I'm not sure announcing the future of the coach before the tournament was great.
And something must be done about the u21 players.
I checked that squad and I see this:

Vito Mannone - Played 5 matches for Arsenal in 2009/2010

Gabriele Angella- Played 26 matches for Empoli in 2009/2010
Lorenzo Ariaudo- 9 matches for Cagliari
Giuseppe Bellusci- 12 matches for Catania
Gianluigi Bianco - 25 matches for Sassuolo
Lorenzo De Silvestri - 26 matches for Fiorentina (mostly as a sub, iirc)
Angelo Ogbonna - 24 matches for Torino

Francesco Bolzoni - 24 matches for Frosinone
Federico Casarini - 10 matches for Bologna
Davide Di Gennaro - 11 matches for Livorno
Luca Marrone - 2 matches for Juventus (both in September, as a sub)
Mattia Mustacchio - 24 matches for Ancona
Andrea Poli - 31 match for Sampdoria

Stefano Okaka Chuka - 18 matches for Roma and Fulham
Guido Marilungo - 31 match for Lecce
Fabio Borini - 4 matches for Chelsea
Mario Balotelli - 40 matches for Inter (in all competitions)
--------------

I check France's, England's and Spain's NT and I see boys who are all regulars, starters, captains of their clubs. In Italy only 3 boys played regularly for their teams, 1 of which played in serie B.

Apr 15, 2006
I'm so sick of DDR. He was really bad this time. What infuriated me is his blatant and pathetic dive against Paraguay. Why the fuck can't Italians play 3 matches without diving? If I was Lippi, I would've Anelka'd his ass back to Roma for being such a blatant diver! :(

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And something must be done about the u21 players.
I checked that squad and I see this:

Vito Mannone - Played 5 matches for Arsenal in 2009/2010

Gabriele Angella- Played 26 matches for Empoli in 2009/2010
Lorenzo Ariaudo- 9 matches for Cagliari
Giuseppe Bellusci- 12 matches for Catania
Gianluigi Bianco - 25 matches for Sassuolo
Lorenzo De Silvestri - 26 matches for Fiorentina (mostly as a sub, iirc)
Angelo Ogbonna - 24 matches for Torino

Francesco Bolzoni - 24 matches for Frosinone
Federico Casarini - 10 matches for Bologna
Davide Di Gennaro - 11 matches for Livorno
Luca Marrone - 2 matches for Juventus (both in September, as a sub)
Mattia Mustacchio - 24 matches for Ancona
Andrea Poli - 31 match for Sampdoria

Stefano Okaka Chuka - 18 matches for Roma and Fulham
Guido Marilungo - 31 match for Lecce
Fabio Borini - 4 matches for Chelsea
Mario Balotelli - 40 matches for Inter (in all competitions)
--------------

I check France's, England's and Spain's NT and I see boys who are all regulars, starters, captains of their clubs. In Italy only 3 boys played regularly for their teams, 1 of which played in serie B.
Yeah, coaches just don't give so many chances to the kids, although I think the tactical side of the Italian game is also a big issue. Coaches would rather be safe, fearful even, and play an experienced pro for short term gain over long term success. More presidents need to appoint coaches who have less fear, because in the long term it will benefit everyone, especially the clubs financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)