Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Obviously it wasn't like a match in Italy. It was a friendly against the Red Bull Reserves in New Jersey, USA. It had just started. Delpie had a tough touch on a difficult ball. So they booed him. All the while chanting "Viva Grosso!" even though Grosso is getting smoked left at right by some 18 year old.

And many of them were yammering in Italian. I'm sure it was a bit of frustration at the poor season, but to harangue your captain at the expense of promoting a player like Fabio Grosso is a disgusting notion. Even the Napoli fans were like "what the fuck".

Still I have to say that getting 2 feet or so away from a player like Del Piero after the match was one of the highlights of my life even though I don't like his team.:D

:tup:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:dule: France

:snoop: Anelka

Domenech :sergio:
For real bro. Haven't those fuckers seen Varsity Blues? If so they'd realize all you have to do is kick Bud Kilmer's ass out of town. Give the headset to Lance, toss Bubba the ball, and BLOOM! World Cup champs and town heroes.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
For real bro. Haven't those fuckers seen Varsity Blue? If so they'd realize all you have to do is kick Bud Kilmer's ass out of town. Give the headset to Lance, toss Bubba the ball, and BLOOM! World Cup champs and town heroes.
:lol:

Sagna wearing whip cream in inappropriate places

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not qualifying from the groups is always embarrassing for a big team.
But finishing behind New Zealand in your group is too special. I've never seen the Italians choke this hard.

Bahrain were shocked when NZ eliminated them because Bahrain were strong favs against NZ.
Bahrain!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Watching the replay you can see that Quagliarella's goal was not offside. They didn't deserve to go through anyway, they should be happy to leave before getting raped by Holland.
Maybe, although who decides that the morality of the game is important? If you score a legitimate goal it should stand, just as if you don't create chances you won't score and don't defend well so you concede. It doesn't matter if you 'deserve' it or not or whether you should be able to score another one because you have better players so that's ok.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
But finishing behind New Zealand in your group is too special. I've never seen the Italians choke this hard.

Bahrain were shocked when NZ eliminated them because Bahrain were strong favs against NZ.
Bahrain!
Who lost out T&T in 2006! :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Bahrain!
They were even the better team and the team who created more chances. They missed a penalty and they missed a chance with the goal empty ala Nigeria against Korea. The whole nation was in a state of shock when they lost to NZ :D

Also, NZ in the last confed cup celebrated like they won the WC when they drew against Iraq in the last match of the group stage, they were so happy they went out with a point, that they literally celebrated :p

But they still managed to be ahead of Italy :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This was such a victory for Cassano over Lippi.

He's living his happiest moments while Lippi is living his worst moments.
Good for him.

Absolutely good for him.

Lippi's pettiness towards Cassano and Miccoli set this team back at least another 2 years. Thankfully Prandelli is taking over, and it can't come soon enough.

The bottom line is Lippi mailed it in in the last 2 years. His selections were absolutely horrible. Beyond horrible.

How do you take Pazzini and not take the man who was as responsible for the seasons that he has had the last 2 years?

Can you honestly tell me that a Cassano-Pazzini pairing in the world cup would not have been exponentially better than anything he tried to come up with?

And how the hell does a coach, during the World Cup qualifying stages, constantly tinker with his lineup and formations in hopes of finding a spark?

Didn't he have 2 years to figure this shit out.

I said it after the Confederations Cup that this squad was absolutely fucking doomed, but some people here paid little mind to the relevance of what they displayed in Africa last year, chalking it up to "He's just experimenting. You'll see how different things will be in the World Cup."

I didn't see Brazil or the US doing that shit last year.

He had, by far, the easiest group to qualify out of, and what he and his "old guard" did out there was a joke.

Forza Cassano, Forza Miccoli, Forza Prandelli.

And Forza the U S of FUCKING A, bitches.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Anyway the Azzurri certainly have a bright future ahead of them:

Cassano, Rossi, Candreva, Givinco, Marchisio, Montolivo, Quaq, Pazz, De Rossi, Chiellini, Santon and certainly some new names to appear ....

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Anyway the Azzurri certainly have a bright future ahead of them:

Cassano, Rossi, Candreva, Givinco, Marchisio, Montolivo, Quaq, Pazz, De Rossi, Chiellini, Santon and certainly some new names to appear ....
Cassano- he's the present, not much time left for a future
Rossi- he's yet to convince me
Candreva- :shifty:
Givinco- He's better than Giovinco, who's almost 32 now
Marchisio- :cd:
Montolivo- :cry:
Quagliarella- :oops:
Pazzini- :bread:
De Rossi- that mofo better stop being a gay Roman and actually be good for the NT
Chiellini- :heart:
Santon- well the new Maldini of course
Balotelli- oh wait, you didn't mention him:rndh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)