Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2002
So if I'm happy that Italy lose a match and if I make that happiness public, it's not the same as you celebrating with Spain crushing out?

That was my logic and you think it's the same as Juve_26's, right?
He thinks that England deserve the hatred due to the arrogance of their media, and Italy don't deserve it because their media isn't arrogant.
no Alen i think that the english media and even players are the ones to blame for the hate toward them. most of the ppl who hate the italian players just by nature or the way they play and win like how cruyff hate them

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
So if I'm happy that Italy lose a match and if I make that happiness public, it's not the same as you celebrating with Spain crushing out?
It's not.

He thinks that England deserve the hatred due to the arrogance of their media, and Italy don't deserve it because their media isn't arrogant.
I never said he was right.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

It's silly to want Spain out. They are so good.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
All the while booing DEL PIERO. So we left.

Ever since that match I can't take Italy fans seriously, Italian or not.
They might have been of Italian descent, but definitely not true Italians. If you have ever been to a stadium in Italy, you know that Italians are extremely critical. What you did yesterday doesn't count. They protect their club symbol (like Del Piero or Totti), but they come down very hard on most. Trust me, what you saw was nothing like the atmosphere in Italian stadiums (which is very particular I must admit).

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
How on earth Lippi missed the fact that Quagliarella is the only inform striker Italy had in this tournament? Nevertheless I love Fabio only for the effort he made, even if he wasn't truly successful at the end, still some fantastic stuff from the guy today. Too bad that Chiellini, de Rossi and others, who should be the leaders and backbone of the team, couldn't keep their heads cool and made some really bad mistakes, a lot of blame lies on them, hopefully they will sort things out and lead this Azzurri to a better future.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
They might have been of Italian descent, but definitely not true Italians. If you have ever been to a stadium in Italy, you know that Italians are extremely critical. What you did yesterday doesn't count. They protect their club symbol (like Del Piero or Totti), but they come down very hard on most. Trust me, what you saw was nothing like the atmosphere in Italian stadiums (which is very particular I must admit).
Obviously it wasn't like a match in Italy. It was a friendly against the Red Bull Reserves in New Jersey, USA. It had just started. Delpie had a tough touch on a difficult ball. So they booed him. All the while chanting "Viva Grosso!" even though Grosso is getting smoked left at right by some 18 year old.

And many of them were yammering in Italian. I'm sure it was a bit of frustration at the poor season, but to harangue your captain at the expense of promoting a player like Fabio Grosso is a disgusting notion. Even the Napoli fans were like "what the fuck".

Still I have to say that getting 2 feet or so away from a player like Del Piero after the match was one of the highlights of my life even though I don't like his team.:D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Obviously it wasn't like a match in Italy. It was a friendly against the Red Bull Reserves in New Jersey, USA. It had just started. Delpie had a tough touch on a difficult ball. So they booed him. All the while chanting "Viva Grosso!" even though Grosso is getting smoked left at right by some 18 year old.

And many of them were yammering in Italian. I'm sure it was a bit of frustration at the poor season, but to harangue your captain at the expense of promoting a player like Fabio Grosso is a disgusting notion. Even the Napoli fans were like "what the fuck".

Still I have to say that getting 2 feet or so away from a player like Del Piero after the match was one of the highlights of my life even though I don't like his team.:D
This may sound odd, but in Italy I hear most fans talking about tactics. They wave their flags and sing their chants, but they're ALWAYS discussing tactics. It's non stop. It's not the kind of culture that celebrates a fullback during a football game. It's what I like about the stadium atmosphere in Italy: they all know what they're talking about.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This may sound odd, but in Italy I hear most fans talking about tactics. They wave their flags and sing their chants, but they're ALWAYS discussing tactics. It's non stop. It's not the kind of culture that celebrates a fullback during a football game. It's what I like about the stadium atmosphere in Italy: they all know what they're talking about.
That could very well be what those that were yammering in Italian in between Viva Grosso chants were discussing, but unfortunately I don't speak Italian.

Unfortunately the Azzurri representatives that day were not true Italians or whatever, but that's what I've got to go on. I'll probably never go to a match in Italy so my two outlets for Italy fans are their representatives at friendly matches in the US and their media. Neither of which help the situation out much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)