No january transfer! (9 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Buphs said:
Abit. I guess it was Nélson from Benfica I thought of.

And about Zanetti;
http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1573000&ID=9367
But it's not saying anything about six weeks..
Nor here (again Juventus.com): -

Events - 21 Nov 2006 - 3:03 PM

Medical Bulletin

At the end of today’s training session, Dr. Riccardo Agricola gave the latest on the condition of the team’s injured players. Giuliano Giannichedda has made a full recovery and is available to play. :)

A run through of the players’ conditions:

Cristiano Zanetti underwent ultrasound scans to assess the muscular problem with his right thigh which emerged towards the end of the game with Albinoleffe last Saturday. The diagnosis is an “elongation of the left semimembranosus muscle”. The player will observe a few days of active rest (physiotherapy and pool work) before beginning running again. He should be back on the training ground by the end of next week.

Alessandro Del Piero: the treatment of the player continues with his condition is improving significantly. Next Thursday he will undergo final tests after which a recovery programme will be put together, based around the original prognosis of three weeks out of action following the injury (November 11th).

David Trezeguet is recovering from the problem with the flexor muscle in his left leg and is expected back with the team in the predicted three weeks from the date of the injury (November 11th).

Marcelo Zalayeta will begin individual work this week. The pain caused by the sprain to his left knee picked up in the game against Napoli is diminishing.

Tomas Guzman: the sprain to his left ankle is healing quickly. The player will be back in training sooner than originally thought (around 10 days’ time).

Marco Marchionni will begin individual work on Thursday 23rd November.

Igor Tudor and Felice Piccolo have made a full recovery from a medical and therapeutic point of view. The players are now working on getting back to fitness.

Nicola Legrottaglie: the stitches in his left shoulder will be removed today. He will be able to begin initial physiotherapy as of tomorrow. However, a recovery time of 90/100 days from the date of the operation (November 8th) is still expected.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I have a feeling Cassano would be on board come next season. Either as a replacement for Bojinov who we may not buy out completely or perhaps the ageing, yet seemingly evergreen Del Piero. Again though, I sincerely hope the board doesnt get ahead of itself. With only 2 points separating the entire top bracket in the table, it's going to interesting to see where we actually end up.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
baggio said:
I have a feeling Cassano would be on board come next season. Either as a replacement for Bojinov who we may not buy out completely or perhaps the ageing, yet seemingly evergreen Del Piero. Again though, I sincerely hope the board doesnt get ahead of itself. With only 2 points separating the entire top bracket in the table, it's going to interesting to see where we actually end up.

This is exactly my point! We're talking about players we're looking at, for our serieA return. Talk about complacency here! We should say nothing about any transfer talk until there is a clear break from the leading pack for the title. Just get on with the football and get our ass' back into serieA, cos if we flop, We can kiss goodbye to everyone and the shit will most def hit the fan.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Looking at Baggio´s and Gep´s posts, I have good answer to you: If we want to get back to Serie A immediately, we must buy somebody in January, otherwise we could flop with this squad...

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
The only Transfer in the January market that we could sign for sure will be the full payment of Bojinov. Otherwise i dont see joining any important player in January. dont forget that we are still in serie b and still not 100% relegated to the Serie A. But probably we will sign some big players in the Summer Market. And if we want that Gigi and Camo stays (im pretty sure that Trez will leave us and if he will we have not to stop him because he has done a lot for us so we should do something for him) we have to buy important players to be soon on the top.

Sep 28, 2002
baggio said:
I have a feeling Cassano would be on board come next season. Either as a replacement for Bojinov who we may not buy out completely or perhaps the ageing, yet seemingly evergreen Del Piero.
certainly wouldnt mind that. its obvious the kid has the talent. he would come as a sub for del piero but eventually they would change roles, i dont see del piero as starter in 2008

With only 2 points separating the entire top bracket in the table, it's going to interesting to see where we actually end up.
oh come on. its only the quarter of the season gone, we're just one point behind and we had an 8 point handicap. without that we'd be 7 points clear at the top. as still see us clinching the title in early april. the team is just too good not to.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
curi83 said:
The only Transfer in the January market that we could sign for sure will be the full payment of Bojinov. Otherwise i dont see joining any important player in January. dont forget that we are still in serie b and still not 100% relegated to the Serie A. But probably we will sign some big players in the Summer Market. And if we want that Gigi and Camo stays (im pretty sure that Trez will leave us and if he will we have not to stop him because he has done a lot for us so we should do something for him) we have to buy important players to be soon on the top.
I´m not so sure we will sign Bojinov. It depends on his performances.

And we will not buy any big players. We will probably get good, young players who have potential to be big.

Sep 28, 2002
mark83 said:
Looking at Baggio´s and Gep´s posts, I have good answer to you: If we want to get back to Serie A immediately, we must buy somebody in January, otherwise we could flop with this squad...
who? attack is fine, midfield is ok, center of defence may need strengtening, but we wont get anyone good enough in january. i cant see palermo letting barzagli go while they're still in the title race

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Fliakis said:
Certainly wouldnt mind that. its obvious the kid has the talent. he would come as a sub for del piero but eventually they would change roles, i dont see del piero as starter in 2008

oh come on. its only the quarter of the season gone, we're just one point behind and we had an 8 point handicap. without that we'd be 7 points clear at the top. as still see us clinching the title in early april. the team is just too good not to.
:agree: I hope Rab doesn´t see this...:shocked:

and

:agree: :smoke:

Fliakis said:
who? attack is fine, midfield is ok, center of defence may need strengtening, but we wont get anyone good enough in january. i cant see palermo letting barzagli go while they're still in the title race
If Tudor and Zebina recover, start playing good and avoid injuries, they will strengthen the defence.

I would personally like to see a new central midfielder or a winger, just to have squad depth...

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
Originally Posted by mark83

our squad is fine ,for now in serie B..
i dont think its necessary to get someone new in january in order to go to serie A, as long as Buffon stays put though:toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)