Nicola Legrottaglie (3 Viewers)

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
let's hope he doesn't get into a comfort zone and go back to his old ways.
I'm a little concerned about that too... but I think he'll be okay for a couple reasons:

1. He knows this is his last chance. He screws up here, he can kiss his Azzurri dreams goodbye... he can probably kiss Serie A goodbye as well.

2. Juventus are clearly signing at least one defender in January. This is a badly kept secret. Either a LB to allow Chiellini to remain a CB, or a CB to allow Chiellini to return to playing left back. Not to mention Andrade will be back in Feb/Mar and hungry for a starting 11 position. If Legro isn't careful, he'll be lost in that shuffle. If he's playing at this level still... he's gonna make a serious case to remain one of the starting back four.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Im 2 hours faster then channel 4. :flex:

Legro agrees Juve extension

Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie has been rewarded for his recent form with a new contract in Turin.

The ex-Chievo man has been one of the surprise success stories of the season and has become a fixture at the heart of the Old Lady’s defence.

Legrottaglie has penned until 2010 – a two-year extension on his previous deal which bound him to the club until next summer.

In stark contrast to teammate Alessandro Del Piero, talks progressed very quickly and were completed ahead of schedule.

The 31-year-old has been owned by Juventus since 2003, but has made just 38 appearances due to loan spells with Bologna and Siena.

channel 4

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well congrats to Legro, but am a bit susceptible about this deal and i just hope he doesn't get into a comfort zone.

The next couple of games will underline whether he can perform consistently over a large number of games.

Also i think this means the end of a certain Jean-Alain Boumsong in a binconeri shirt

Seven7

Oct 30, 2007
My first post

Legro fully deserves the extension IMO :)

Legro and Chiellini looks to have stabilise the backline for now ...
Crunch time will come against Ibra's Inter & Kaka's Milan

This will probably decides if we need world class reinforcements in central defense for European games next season.

Geof

May 14, 2004
My first post

This will probably decides if we need world class reinforcements in central defense for European games next season.
Welcome Seven7, with such a nickname you wont be unnoticed in these forums.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
My first post

Welcome Seven7 :pint:
Definitely we need reinforcements in CB if we gonna play in Europe next season.

well congrats to Legro, but am a bit susceptible about this deal and i just hope he doesn't get into a comfort zone.

The next couple of games will underline whether he can perform consistently over a large number of games.

Also i think this means the end of a certain Jean-Alain Boumsong in a binconeri shirt
Hopefully this occurs as soon as January...

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006

i think this means the end of a certain Jean-Alain Boumsong in a binconeri shirt
Def congrats, just hope its not done too quickly, would have liked a few more games of the "new improved Legro" before parting with that cash. Just need some idiot to take Boumsong now, Tottenham maybe? :D

Think its already plenty clear that we need them now, today, yesterday, August, oh, ok, JANUARY!

Seven7

Oct 30, 2007
Apologies if "Seven" is a repeat nick...definitely not intentional :p

Legro used to be highly-rated hopes he really comes good, Chiellini got immerse potential at CB, he is aggressive but not a malicious player

If they were to look like Torricelli (my fav juve player) or Montero, they would be an intimidating pairing :pumpkin:

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
welcome seven 7!!

i also read that for the game against empoli hes(and giorgio c. ) gonna be suspended because of the refs wanting to use the yellow ohsoften

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Apologies if "Seven" is a repeat nick...definitely not intentional :p

Legro used to be highly-rated hopes he really comes good, Chiellini got immerse potential at CB, he is aggressive but not a malicious player

If they were to look like Torricelli (my fav juve player) or Montero, they would be an intimidating pairing :pumpkin:
Welcome to the forums! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)