Nicola Legrottaglie (78 Viewers)

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Mauro Camoranesi came off the bench to rescue a point for Juventus in a fiery Derby d'Italia against Inter at the Stadio Olimpico.

Inter had looked all set to move four points clear at the top of Serie A after Julio Cruz had given them a 1-0 lead just before the break.

However Mauro Camoranesi scored just seven minutes after coming on as a substitute to earn Juventus a 1-1 draw, and keep them within touching distance of tehir bitter rivals in the league standings.

Juventus were boosted by the return of the suspended Giorgio Chiellini, Nicola Legrottaglie, Pavel Nedved and Antonio Nocerino. All four players took their place in an attacking 4-3-3 line-up, with Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet and Raffaele Palladino up front.

Inter were without injured first-team players Marco Materazzi, Patrick Vieira and Dejan Stankovic, but Julio Cesar recovered from a back injury to take his place in goal. Julio Cruz won the race to partner Zlatan Ibrahimovic up-front.

The match was delayed by 15 minutes as the Inter team bus was late arriving at the stadium. Inter had the first shot of the game as Esteban Cambiasso fired a long-range shot over the bar.

Juventus then had a glorious chance as Del Piero held the ball up for Cristian Zanetti, whose shot from eight yards was deflected around the post.

Ibrahimovic was getting booed every time he touched the ball and there was a large roar from the crowd when Cristiano Zanetti took the ball off him in the centre of the field.

Inter launched a dangerous move on 11 minutes and Chiellini made an excellent sliding tackle to cut out Cesar's dangerous cross. Luis Figo, who turned 35 today, then ran rings around Molinaro on the right and his evil cross was superbly dealt with by Buffon.

Nedved was looking busy early on and he cut inside Maicon and fired a potshot wide of the post. The Czech veteran was then offered acres of space to run into but he blazed the ball well over from 30 yards.

In the midway point of the half, Del Piero almost caught Julio Cesar out at his near post with a free-kick from the right, but the Brazilian was on his toes.

Nedved did not have his shooting boots on and wasted a promising counter-attack opportunity by blasting another long-range effort into the stands. Most of Juve's efforts were coming from distance and Del Piero tried his luck with another free-kick but Julio Cesar watched it go wide.

Down the other end Figo whipped in a cross right along the six yard box but none of his Inter colleagues were able to profit.

Inter then took the lead completely out of the blue. Legrottaglie lost concentration and allowed Cruz to make a run in behind him and the Argentine chested down Cesar's chipped pass and buried his finish past Buffon.

Two minutes later Ibrahimovic had a glorious chance to make it two but he delayed too long and allowed Chiellini to tackle him. The Juventus players were furious as they felt the Swede was offside.

Into the second half and the first real sniff of a chance came after 50 minutes when Del Piero saw his left foot shot charged down by Cordoba. Trezeguet then wasted an excellent opening as Palladino cut the ball back to him on the edge of the area but he badly hashed his shot over the bar.

Juventus were completely dominating the possession as Inter seemed happy to sit back and hold on to their lead.

Esteban Cambiasso had the ball in the back of the net on 58 minutes after following up Cristian Chivu's free-kick but he was correctly ruled offside.

Juve boss Claudio Ranieri knew he had to increase his team's attacking options and on the hour mark he threw on Vincenzo Iaquinta for the tiring Nedved.

Ibrahimovic then had a golden opportunity to kill the game as he found himself alone with Buffon after a fortunate ricochet came off substitute David Suazo - however the Azzurri number one beat away his effort. Chiellini then made a superb last-gasp tackle to prevent Maicon in a dangerous situation.

Camoranesi also entered the fray and made an immediate impact as his chipped through-pass ended up with Trezeguet's header being finger-tipped over the bar by Julio Cesar.

Buffon came to Juve's rescue again on 72 minutes as he slid across his line to save Suazo's point-blank effort. The Honduran had another shot seconds later but this time it was more comfortable for Buffon.

Juve were pushing everyone forward and on 77 minutes they earned an equaliser to send the crowd wild. Iaquinta nodded Palladino's cross back to Camoranesi and the substitute fired in a shot from 12 yards which deflected past Julio Cesar.

Inter tried to respond and Cesar wasted an excellent opportunity when he handled Ibrahimovic's through ball to him.

The Swede had played a poor game and had convincingly lost his battle with the rock-solid Chiellini. The Juve defender was dishing out some real rough treatment on his former team-mate every time he went in for a challenge. He first launched himself into a ferocious slide tackle on the striker and then really layed into him during an aerial challenge.

The Bianconeri sensed a chance for a famous win and another substitute Jonathan Zebina crossed for Iaquinta who saw his effort superbly blocked by Samuel inside the area.

As the final whistle blew Chiellini continued to taunt Ibrahimovic, presing right up to his face and smiling and sneering at him. The Swede, who had not reactd up until that point finally lashed out at the defender, striking him in the face with his arm.
-------
hmmm he's being blamed for Grygera's goof..
pfftt.
:disagree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If you wath the replay, Legro is out of position, while Grygera is in line with the rest of the back 4.

Grygera could maybe have covered better, but it was primarily Legro's fault.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Yes .. he did.
And i'm glad he put pen to paper ... :weee:

Despite going on loan most of time in Juve ... i dun think he have nag to the media abt it ... something i admire

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I hope ke can keep up this form until next summer and doesn´t fall apart. Then we can bring a reliable world class defender. :smoke:

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
:agree:

He took it like a man & has obv come back a much better player.
very true^^^

i hope that his good form continues..the little write up that juventus did when he signed was very touching and it demonstrates that they still have a lot of confidence in him so like i said i hope his good form continues and i wish him all the best.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
I never doubted Legro. his only problem is that he is slow which shows in inter's goal as legro was too slow to switch direction and return to his position.

IMO he just need to be more careful going forward.

then again if he don't we wouldn't have gotten yesterdays draw.

Frorza Legro

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I never doubted Legro. his only problem is that he is slow which shows in inter's goal as legro was too slow to switch direction and return to his position.

IMO he just need to be more careful going forward.

then again if he don't we wouldn't have gotten yesterdays draw.

Frorza Legro
Inter's goal was about him not being aware of Cruz's position, not that he wasn't fast enough.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Good to see him back to good form. Still, he was far better in his Chievo form. In Verona he was maybe the best Italian defender. I still remember how we loved his signing. Moggi really stole him from Roma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)