Nicola Legrottaglie (15 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
23/11/2007 17:26
Legrottaglie Wants Azzurri Return Juventus star Nicola Legrottaglie has admitted that he hopes to win his place back in the Italian national squad.

The 31-year-old defender has won seven caps for the Azzurri, but he has not featured since his disastrous first season at Juventus in 2003/04.

Many believed that the ex-Chievo man’s international career was over, however he has been one of the best defenders in Serie A this campaign, and is beginning to knock on Roberto Donadoni’s door.

“The path I took is the opposite of most people – I earned the right to wear the Italy shirt and then I lost it,” said Legrottaglie.

I hope to again play for Italy as I have found an inner serenity and I am a new player.”

Legrottaglie also offered his thoughts on this year’s Scudetto. Juventus were not initially considered as serious challengers but they have had an outstanding start to the season and are currently just three points behind leaders Inter.

“We know that we are not at the technical level of Inter and Roma,” said the towering defender.

“However I know for sure that they envy us for the character that we demonstrate every Sunday. I am certain of that.”

Carlo Garganese
Goal.com

BWAHAHAHA......:lol:

one decent performance mixed in with many average ones doesnt equate to a return to the Azzurri.....keep dreaming pal

maybe he should concentrate on the task at hand and STFU....I'm sick of him talking to the media on what it seems to be a daily basis

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
his forms been improving with each game so far.

and with each game his confidence grows.

he better bring the fierceness and attitude come sunday.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
If Legro and Chiellini continues to perform for Juventus both of them should be called up for the Euro 2008, at least there will be decent cover for Cannavaro and Matrix. Both of them are getting old and with the premature retirement of Nesta, Legro and Chiellini should be able to stand up and take the task. Barzagli is overhyped.

It is good to see Legro performing at such a level, I really like to see him playing well every game, who knows both he and Chiellini may get a call from Donadoni.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
I think that Chiellini would be a definite call up for Euro 2008 I'm just not sure about Nicola--as much as I'd love to see him there it seems a little doubtful given the competition .

In other news he made the cover of Hurra Juventus!

:D

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I think that Chiellini would be a definite call up for Euro 2008 I'm just not sure about Nicola--as much as I'd love to see him there it seems a little doubtful given the competition .

In other news he made the cover of Hurra Juventus!

:D
On club form, Chiellini >>> Barzagli.. IMO Chiellini should jump in front of him in the pecking order by the end of the season

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
do you guys think Donadoni -the biased- will call him to Azzurri even if he's performed well at Juventus ? i don't think so .
huh?? Chiellini will be in Euro2008 definately, he's already booked his place.. what i'm saying is that he should move up the pecking order above barzagli soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)