Nicola Legrottaglie (69 Viewers)

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
14/11/2007 18:58
Legrottaglie: Jesus The Reason For My Good Form Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie says that Jesus Christ is the reason for his incredible upturn in fortunes this season.
Legrottaglie: Jesus The Reason For My Good Form

There were high hopes for Legrottaglie when he joined the club in 2003 from Chievo, however he had a nightmare first year in Turin making mistake after mistake.

After being sent out on loan to Bologna and Siena the 31-year-old returned last summer but was only a bit-part player in the Serie B promotion campaign under Didier Deschamps.

However since coming on as a substitute in the week four match against Roma this term, Legro has finally burst onto the scene and he has been a colossus alongside Giorgio Chiellini at the heart of the defence.

“Unfortunately Andrade got injured and the Coach decided to put me in defence. Chiellini and I are doing well and our understanding is growing,” said Legro.

“I have belief now. Every so often I look at the mistakes I used to make and I wonder how I could possibly make such errors.

“My head is different. I am more serene, calm and have responsibility. When Juve sent me to Siena, my team-mate Tomas Guzman opened my head.

“Guzman talked to me about Jesus Christ and it changed my life, both in a general sense and also the footballing side of things. I am a different person.”

Carlo Garganese

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
14/11/2007 18:58
Legrottaglie: Jesus The Reason For My Good Form Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie says that Jesus Christ is the reason for his incredible upturn in fortunes this season.
Legrottaglie: Jesus The Reason For My Good Form

There were high hopes for Legrottaglie when he joined the club in 2003 from Chievo, however he had a nightmare first year in Turin making mistake after mistake.

After being sent out on loan to Bologna and Siena the 31-year-old returned last summer but was only a bit-part player in the Serie B promotion campaign under Didier Deschamps.

However since coming on as a substitute in the week four match against Roma this term, Legro has finally burst onto the scene and he has been a colossus alongside Giorgio Chiellini at the heart of the defence.

“Unfortunately Andrade got injured and the Coach decided to put me in defence. Chiellini and I are doing well and our understanding is growing,” said Legro.

“I have belief now. Every so often I look at the mistakes I used to make and I wonder how I could possibly make such errors.

“My head is different. I am more serene, calm and have responsibility. When Juve sent me to Siena, my team-mate Tomas Guzman opened my head.

“Guzman talked to me about Jesus Christ and it changed my life, both in a general sense and also the footballing side of things. I am a different person.”

Carlo Garganese

no doubt it took an act of God.......:)

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
every1 can use a little more religion in their lives...gr8 to see Legro coming out and talking openly about it
:agree: thats a very true statement, don't be ashamed of your faith.

------------------
i found the article

2007/11/15
In memory of Paola Mazzali.

Wednesday the page of "Port Franco" provided an appeal of Andrea Scolfaro that has founded on the "Project Paola Mazzali", entitled the basketball player from Bolzanina died 25 August 2006 in a road accident.

He asked aid in order to assist a baby that has urgent need of expensive cares.

- Omission -

The defensive player of Juve Nicola Legrottaglie sent a friend of Bolzano the shirt of Pavel Nedved, autographed of Czech champion.

source:http://pavelnedved.sports.coocan.jp/en/news/archive/index.php?id=328&date=2007/11/15

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Goal.com Profile: Nicola Legrotagglie

Almost half way through the season and the 'Old Lady' of Italian soccer is causing some raised-eyebrows week in week out. Although many pundits agree that Juventus are not title-contenders this year, this has not prevented the Juventini faithful from dreaming.

This unprecedented start to this season owes a lot to the brilliant individual performances of some of the Bianconeri players. One player that has been silencing his long-lasting critics lately is Nicola Legrottaglie

Early Years

Born in 'Gioia del Colle’, in the 1976, Legrottaglie’s career took off at Bari in the 94-95 season. Moving to 'Pistoiese’ midway through the 96-97 season, Nicola was finally offered the chance to prove himself, making his senior debut at the age of 20.

Picking up from there, Legrottaglie took part in 31 games that season scoring three goals, and everything seemed to be heading in the right direction for the youngster.

It was 'time to move on’ again for the towering defender. This time around, Nicola accepted an offer from Prato and was engaged in 27 league games before deciding to pack his bags and head to Chievo Verona.

He had two spells at Chievo with a move to Modena occurring in the 00-01 season. By that time, Legrottaglie has established a trend of being a 'frequent-flyer’; as he had already played for five different clubs.

Move To Juve

Continuing to send out the right vibes; Legrottaglie’s rise to fame came after yet another power-house season with Chievo. Attracting some of Italy’s finest; the reward for his form and consistency was an offer to move to the mighty Juventus.

Legrottaglie didn’t hesitate in accepting the move, yet as it turned it to be, it was the right move at the wrong time. Regarded as a player with undoubted talent, his mental abilities betrayed him in the least fashionable way.

Although talent could be easily recognized by scouts and coaches, it’s the mental attributes that coaches find difficulty in detecting. Seemingly not brought-up well by former coaches, Legrottaglie seemed to the lack the readiness to take that step forward; and soon enough he started paying the price dearly.

Legrottaglie’s fall in grace affected him in the worst possible ways; he even became known for his mis-timed tackles, or last-gasp deadly mistakes, and therefore he found it harder, by the day, to win the crowd’s heart and support. The pressure mounted on Legrottaglie to perform and with some indifferent performances the pressure seemed to finally get to him; and soon afterwards Nicola was relegated to the bench.

Since taking over on the Juventus bench, Fabio Capello made it clear that Legrottaglie did not feature in his plans.

Furthermore, it didn’t take long for Legrottaglie to do what he does best; and that is, to be loaned out yet again; this time to Bologna. Capello didn’t even wait for the summer, as he opted to ship Legrottaglie out as early as January.

Finally

Nicola’s name was again mentioned in the media, and once again it wasn’t for the best possible reason. Following another loan spell at Siena, Legrottaglie returned to the Old Lady in the mission of guiding Juventus back to the top flight.

Aiding his team’s purpose with ten appearances, Nicola was never a regular under Coach Didier Deschamps. Nevertheless, he stuck with the team that gave him the chance to launch himself towards success, and finally his persistence paid off.

Never in his dreams had Legrottaglie thought that he would become Juventus’s first choice defender this season. Yet, following an injury to Jorge Andrade, the door was opened wide for Nicola to prove himself.

With the guidance of Claudio Ranieri - a coach known for his motivating abilities - things seemed to finally click with Legrottaglie and his confidence was boosted by some classy performances.

Ranieri was even among the first to congratulate Nicola for the work rate he has put in and for the development he made not only as a player, but as a professional as well.

Key Piece

"Nicola Legrottaglie is also an important player for us. He has come on as a substitute several times and with Jorge Andrade injured, it was natural to focus on him," noted Ranieri right after the Reggina game, in which, Nicola managed to even break the dead-lock with his first goal of the season.

"The fact he scored a goal is no surprise, we know he's good in the air." commented Ranieri.

He even continuted this trend by scoring the first goal against Parma a couple of weeks ago in which, Juventus sparked a superb comeback only to be denied the three points by a somewhat controversial decision to disallow Vincenzo Iaquinta’s 93rd minute header.

Legrottaglie was awarded for his fine form this season by signing a contract extension worth €1m a year.

The 31-year-old has thrived lately and along with fellow country-men Giorgio Chiellini and Antonio Nocerino, Legrottaglie is fast becoming a symbol of this new-look team. His game is based on motivation, grit, determination, and the ability to stay focused and deliver for 90 minutes.

If Legrottaglie has proven anything, it is that a player should never give up. Nicola has set an example that persistence, professionalism and hard-work pays off in the end. So let us all applaud Legrottaglie and congratulate him for the progress he has made. Well done Nicola!!

Omar Mufti

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Legro: Inter and Roma envy us

Nicola Legrottaglie believes Inter and Roma are deeply envious of his Juventus side – at least when it comes to sheer determination.

“We know that we are not up to their level in terms of technique and quality, but they certainly are jealous of the character we show every weekend. I am sure of it,” smiled the defender.

The Bianconeri have made a habit of fighting back against the odds to grab crucial results against the big sides such as Inter, Roma and Fiorentina.

These points have kept them in the Scudetto race and they could still be the first team in Serie A history to win the title straight after promotion.

Legrottaglie has been a key figure in their campaign and an unexpected hero, as he was ready to be sold during the summer.

He has revived his career in spectacular fashion following several dismal seasons and is now spoken of as a potential Azzurri player for Euro 2008.

“I took a very strange path in my time,” he told 'Studio Sport.’ “I earned the Italy shirt early on and then lost sight of it.

“I hope to play for the Nazionale again. I have found my inner calm and am a brand new player.”

The 31-year-old made his Azzurri debut in a 1-1 draw with Turkey on November 20, 2002 and scored one goal in seven caps.

However, Legrottaglie fell out of favour and has not played since a 2-2 with the Czech Republic on February 18, 2004.

channel 4

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
23/11/2007 17:26
Legrottaglie Wants Azzurri Return Juventus star Nicola Legrottaglie has admitted that he hopes to win his place back in the Italian national squad.

The 31-year-old defender has won seven caps for the Azzurri, but he has not featured since his disastrous first season at Juventus in 2003/04.

Many believed that the ex-Chievo man’s international career was over, however he has been one of the best defenders in Serie A this campaign, and is beginning to knock on Roberto Donadoni’s door.

“The path I took is the opposite of most people – I earned the right to wear the Italy shirt and then I lost it,” said Legrottaglie.

I hope to again play for Italy as I have found an inner serenity and I am a new player.”

Legrottaglie also offered his thoughts on this year’s Scudetto. Juventus were not initially considered as serious challengers but they have had an outstanding start to the season and are currently just three points behind leaders Inter.

“We know that we are not at the technical level of Inter and Roma,” said the towering defender.

“However I know for sure that they envy us for the character that we demonstrate every Sunday. I am certain of that.”

Carlo Garganese
Goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)