Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Pogba or SMS would be the perfect fit. Both are practically unattainable 'though. Fitting that profile, who else could we get?

I don't see anyone else since N'dombele probably won't leave either so I'd be perfectly fine with Zaniolo if that means we get a good striker...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Pogba or SMS would be the perfect fit. Both are practically unattainable 'though. Fitting that profile, who else could we get?

I don't see anyone else since N'dombele probably won't leave either so I'd be perfectly fine with Zaniolo if that means we get a good striker...
They are attainable. We just need to push for the move.
Pogba happy or unhappy at UTD?
If unhappy we have a chance.
SMS - attainable but we have to sell Rabiot Ramsey or even Bernardeschi to raise funds.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
They are attainable. We just need to push for the move.
Pogba happy or unhappy at UTD?
If unhappy we have a chance.
SMS - attainable but we have to sell Rabiot Ramsey or even Bernardeschi to raise funds.
And that is exactly what is not happening imo. Those guys have astronomical wages and have only been here for a year... Selling those in a crisis time like this sounds very optimistic.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Strootman has been healthy for the past several years

- - - Updated - - -

and was about 5 years older when he first had his knee issues.

Why is everyone so hung up about this?

With this attitude, we should be pushing Demiral out the door

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. Wait a minute.

They both suffered their injuries in the same match, but yet, Zaniolo is already back.

Hmmmm........

- - - Updated - - -

you guys will need a different excuse than his injury to not want him, unless you have the same thoughts about Demiral not recovering as well.
That makes no sense, demiral was already here, shit happens, now questioning dropping 60 mil on a guy who just had knee surgery is not only legitimate but necessary.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That makes no sense, demiral was already here, shit happens, now questioning dropping 60 mil on a guy who just had knee surgery is not only legitimate but necessary.

Of course it makes sense. People don't want him here because of his injury, as if he would never be back to what he was prior to it. yet, everyone is convinced that Demiral will have no issues regaining his pre-injury form.

If you want to talk about the money involved? Fine. But far fewer people are talking about that.

Would we give a discount on Demiral due to his recent injury? Of course not, nor should we expect Roma to do the same.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Of course it makes sense. People don't want him here because of his injury, as if he would never be back to what he was prior to it. yet, everyone is convinced that Demiral will have no issues regaining his pre-injury form.

If you want to talk about the money involved? Fine. But far fewer people are talking about that.

Would we give a discount on Demiral due to his recent injury? Of course not, nor should we expect Roma to do the same.
People, everyone? Come on bro :D I like zaniolo but his injury is of concern and i would have a major issue with us blowing our load on him, figuratively of course. You don't gamble with money for necessities, you gamble with the extra.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Pretty sure the same people that are worried about Zaniolo post injury are also worried about Demiral post injury and whether or not they will ever be the same.

Also, if you would casually go back and read peoples posts right after Demiral's injury that was also a concern. AND there were some people claiming that CBs are less likely to re-injure that ( lol at Andrade) knee than say, a CM that has to be more agile and make quicker turns more often.

60m...50m...whatever the price, its still worthy to have consideration for the risk. Same damn reason why two identical cars, same miles, color, everything the same but one was in a serious accident is OBVIOUSLY going to be valued less. SAME REASON why any sane buyer is going to tell the dealer to suck an egg if they don't lower the price because of an obvious accident. You wreck a Lamborghini that is in no way the same car as it was before the accident. Same goes for professional athletes.

Not sure why that's so hard for people to acknowledge the legitimate reason to be fearful of the risk involved spending millions on a player we don't know has fully healed. We don't have eyes on Zaniolo like we do Demiral.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Pretty sure the same people that are worried about Zaniolo post injury are also worried about Demiral post injury and whether or not they will ever be the same.

Also, if you would casually go back and read peoples posts right after Demiral's injury that was also a concern. AND there were some people claiming that CBs are less likely to re-injure that ( lol at Andrade) knee than say, a CM that has to be more agile and make quicker turns more often.

60m...50m...whatever the price, its still worthy to have consideration for the risk. Same damn reason why two identical cars, same miles, color, everything the same but one was in a serious accident is OBVIOUSLY going to be valued less. SAME REASON why any sane buyer is going to tell the dealer to suck an egg if they don't lower the price because of an obvious accident. You wreck a Lamborghini that is in no way the same car as it was before the accident. Same goes for professional athletes.

Not sure why that's so hard for people to acknowledge the legitimate reason to be fearful of the risk involved spending millions on a player we don't know has fully healed. We don't have eyes on Zaniolo like we do Demiral.

Roma is not going to lower their price. So in other words, he's certainly worth, let's say 40 million, but certainly not 50 or 60 million. And that is because of the injury? His talent has NOTHING to do with the valuation, just the fact that he suffered an ACL injury at the age of 20. But we are all hesitant because we don't know how he will be after his recovery. Well, that's the gamble you take on practically every player that you look at that has suffered an injury.

Fiorentina stood by Baggio before he even played a single minute for them. We stood by Del Piero after he tore his ACL.

It's the way it is. You either take the gamble or you don't. But those clubs who choose to play it safe all the time usually never find themselves in a position to challenge at the highest levels.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Zaniolo's price without injury would be around 80-90 if not more, his current rumored price is around 50. Is it a gamble? Sure. Does it worth it? Depends on details of his injury and rehab. Is he a talent worth a gamble? In my book he is.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Zaniolo's price without injury would be around 80-90 if not more, his current rumored price is around 50. Is it a gamble? Sure. Does it worth it? Depends on details of his injury and rehab. Is he a talent worth a gamble? In my book he is.

He came back last week and promptly scored a goal where he ran down the left side of the pitch and placed a beautiful shot on goal.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, I saw that, solid shot, but keeper should've done better. One goal should not sway our management, at least I hope it doesn't.

Take a look at the run he made to get himself into that position. Ran without a hitch, less than 6 months after tearing his ACL.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Take a look at the run he made to get himself into that position. Ran without a hitch, less than 6 months after tearing his ACL.
Oh, I was impressed nonetheless. I like the kid, think he has all the tools to become great if he is lucky with injuries down the road and can put his mind to it. With CR here there is no better player to instill professionalism in young players.

- - - Updated - - -

80-90? You gotta be kidding me :p
Yeah, I too think it's too low, but it was a conservative estimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)