Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Fanboys, what's so outstanding about him?

Judging from the videos he looks fast and is good technically - dribbling, passing, shooting - but I don't see that Balon D'Or potential or even the young Pogba comparisons. Seems talented but not sure he has anything extra special about him that will make him world class.
Pogba is a completely different player, there is no point comparing them. The dude is big, but very fast, strong, but also technically gifted, great left foot, decent in the air. He needs a proper work-ethic instilled in him and some luck with injuries. I'm struggling to find an attacking player that had such a package of tools. He already has CL experience, already scored there and he is only 20-21.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Pogba is a completely different player, there is no point comparing them. The dude is big, but very fast, strong, but also technically gifted, great left foot, decent in the air. He needs a proper work-ethic instilled in him and some luck with injuries. I'm struggling to find an attacking player that had such a package of tools. He already has CL experience, already scored there and he is only 20-21.
Yeah, just talking about the potential level as some made that comparison.

He is good for his age for sure and has a nice combination of traits, just don't see him being special enough to stand out at Juve. A good piece in the puzzle maybe but I wish we could get a more imposing midfielder.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015

He is good for his age for sure and has a nice combination of traits, just don't see him being special enough to stand out at Juve. A good piece in the puzzle maybe but I wish we could get a more imposing midfielder.
I wouldn't be surprised if he is going to be a standout player for us almost from the get-go. He is much more ready for Juve then Dybala was when he arrived.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if he is going to be a standout player for us almost from the get-go. He is much more ready for Juve then Dybala was when he arrived.
I'm really not sure on that. Dybala was coming off a magnificent season at Palermo. A lot of people wanted him to start straight away for us and he very quickly made an impact.

I like Zaniolo and would like us to get him but have seen plenty of games where the game has passed him by. I don't think he is ready to come here and straight into the starting lineup, even before his knee injury.

Last edited:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I'm really not sure on that. Dybala was coming off a magnificent season at Palermo. A lot of people wanted him to start straight away for us and he very quickly an impact.

I like Zaniolo and would like us to get him but have seen plenty of games where the game has passed him by. I don't think he is ready to come here and straight into the starting lineup, even before his knee injury.
You do aware that we play Berna atm? Dybala indeed was great in Palermo, but Palermo's game revolved around him and Ilicic. He had almost complete freedom. Zaniolo plays in a more "structured" team, and that's a transition that many "big fish – small pond" players are struggling with.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I am no expert but most of what has been mentioned he has the technical and physical qualities and, from the times i've seen him, seems quite capable of imposing himself on a game for a player his age.

Will he someday be Balon D'or quality? lol i have no feckin idea but he looks quite good and its especially impressive considering how young and inexperienced he is. IMO he already looks capable of playing for Juventus at 20 just imagine what his ceiling could be within the right environment.

- - - Updated - - -

I am curious though. Could Zaniolo play LCM/ B2B in our midfield? Could Kulusevski?

Maybe not as starters but in times of need?

I dream of a 2021 without a single one of Matuidi, Pjanic and Khedira

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I am no expert but most of what has been mentioned he has the technical and physical qualities and, from the times i've seen him, seems quite capable of imposing himself on a game for a player his age.

Will he someday be Balon D'or quality? lol i have no feckin idea but he looks quite good and its especially impressive considering how young and inexperienced he is. IMO he already looks capable of playing for Juventus at 20 just imagine what his ceiling could be within the right environment.
Imo what we need is someone to come in and elevate our midfield right away

Boksic

May 11, 2005
You do aware that we play Berna atm? Dybala indeed was great in Palermo, but Palermo's game revolved around him and Ilicic. He had almost complete freedom. Zaniolo plays in a more "structured" team, and that's a transition that many "big fish – small pond" players are struggling with.
A fair point when comparing to Bernardeschi but he should not be the benchmark for a starter. I'm also not sure RW brings the best out of Zaniolo. Playing for Roma would certainly help the transition to Juve.

But on ability I think Dybala was more ready to make the step. Zaniolo though potentially excellent is still quite raw.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Fortunately Zaniolo came back from the ACL injury and our managers can keep a close look on his fitness and football levels for 8 matches over the coming month (at least depending on roma's EL performance) and we can't make the deal official before September 5th so it's a calculated risk that I am happy for us to take.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
~50m for a young talent is nothing nowadays

His injury doesn't bother me much either because he has youth and time on his side

Investment in younger talent (with or without the nationalist angle) for the core roster is always welcome

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Fanboys, what's so outstanding about him?

Judging from the videos he looks fast and is good technically - dribbling, passing, shooting - but I don't see that Balon D'Or potential or even the young Pogba comparisons. Seems talented but not sure he has anything extra special about him that will make him world class.

Again, I haven't seen much of him but so far I think Kulu looks better.
This is everything we're missing right now in the middle. That alone would be worth it, forget Balon D'Or.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The only downside to him is the ACL injury, otherwise he ticks every box.
Honestly I'm not sure the people being wary about him have seen play enough. There is absolutely no doubts about his footballing qualities. Its immense. He just needs to be healthy and he is good to go, is just that talented.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Honestly I'm not sure the people being wary about him have seen play enough. There is absolutely no doubts about his footballing qualities. Its immense. He just needs to be healthy and he is good to go, is just that talented.
Some of us are wary because of the serious knee injury. Most of us know he is (was?) a fantastic talent.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Just get him and a RB too (without selling Dybala or Ben10) and I will forgive Tootsie for trying to sell Dybala and bring in Lukaku :tuttosport:

Put another CM on top of that? I will make Tootsie my avatar.

Get rid of Matuidi and Khedira too? I will apologize to Badass Devil

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So, it's still a huge risk
It's not because it was a pure ACL tear. His other ligaments were untouched. Medical bulletins always mention those....

Besides only the complete MCL + meniscus and ACL tears are still very complicated but first of all he didn't have that and second; 95% of players his age fully recuperate, even of those heavy injuries.

The thing is; an injury risk is there for every player. But an ACL injury is nothing worrysome nowadays. It only keeps you off the field for 6-9 months and costs about a year to regain your full form but that's about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)