Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
80-90? You gotta be kidding me :p
He is young and Italian, hence is value is a gazillion euros

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what Havertz will go for, and he isn't any better. Felix went for 127m after one decent season in Portugal.
I like to think that we have a better management than they.
You spend that sum on an already world class talent, not for potential. That's the job of Arsenal.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Thats what Havertz will go for, and he isn't any better. Felix went for 127m after one decent season in Portugal.
Don't see how that would justify us doing the same. Felix clearly hasn't lived up to his price tag yet. Besides, he was replacing Griezmann and Atletico had no choice to pay the release clause if they wanted him. Also that was pre-Covid

Havertz has 18 goals/8 assists, so at least he's done more. And Chelsea has 2 summers worth of EPL money, so they're not us.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
80-90? You gotta be kidding me :p
IN a world where box faced troll Harry Maguire and meme players like Lingaard and Trashford command insane fees, in a world where the square Jabroni Chiesa is worth 70 million, in a world where Inter can ask 60 million for Eriksen, where a Joao Felix gets sold for over 100 million, and where Tonali is worth 50 million, Zaniolo is easily worth 80-90 million (Pre-Covid and with no injury that is). Currently, he'd command a fee of 50-60 million. Roma need the money and we can probably offer them a couple of interesting pieces.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
IN a world where box faced troll Harry Maguire and meme players like Lingaard and Trashford command insane fees, in a world where the square Jabroni Chiesa is worth 70 million, in a world where Inter can ask 60 million for Eriksen, where a Joao Felix gets sold for over 100 million, and where Tonali is worth 50 million, Zaniolo is easily worth 80-90 million (Pre-Covid and with no injury that is). Currently, he'd command a fee of 50-60 million. Roma need the money and we can probably offer them a couple of interesting pieces.
-Italian
- plays in Serie A

LOL no he isn't.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What is your point, exactly?
That his knee cracked doing the same thing he did last week when he scored. My point is, anything can happen.

I want Zaniolo. 50m would be my MAX. He is a magnificent talent but his pre-injury value is unrealistic right now. I hope we get him, I think the kid has his head on right and we need youngsters like that.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
-Italian
- plays in Serie A

LOL no he isn't.
He's better than every single player I mentioned in that list. Maguire is gash and Lingaard is trash, absolute garbage. Chiesa is incredibly overrated and Trashford is inconsistent. The fact he plays for Roma in Serie A should lower his price, but he should be valued at 80-90 million.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He's better than every single player I mentioned in that list. Maguire is gash and Lingaard is trash, absolute garbage. Chiesa is incredibly overrated and Trashford is inconsistent. The fact he plays for Roma in Serie A should lower his price, but he should be valued at 80-90 million.
I don't get why people here still don't recognize the pattern in EPL and britbong players going for huge fees, much larger fees than even superior players from other leagues/ backgrounds. Its not overpriced at this point, if it happens year after year then that is their value. If someone is consistently willing to pay it then that is the price.

Yes Zaniolo looks likely to have a much better career than Maguire, looks a much better player but that does not mean his value is 80mil just because Maguire's is.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That his knee cracked doing the same thing he did last week when he scored. My point is, anything can happen.

I want Zaniolo. 50m would be my MAX. He is a magnificent talent but his pre-injury value is unrealistic right now. I hope we get him, I think the kid has his head on right and we need youngsters like that.

Take a look at some of the free agents who signed some of the biggest contracts in the world despite being injured.

Kevin Durant for example. 30 years old, coming off of an Achilles Tendon tear. Didn't stop him from getting paid.

The point is, injuries have little if any affect on the value of a player

- - - Updated - - -

Stephen Strausburg. Pitched 30 or more games 3 times in 8 seasons due to concerns about his shoulder and elbow.

7 years/ 245 million dollars

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

And looking at our handling of knee injuries that is even bigger gamble but if there is player we need right now is zaniolo and not slow locatelli

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And looking at our handling of knee injuries that is even bigger gamble but if there is player we need right now is zaniolo and not slow locatelli
Pirlo was slow. Marchisio wasn't quick either. Locatelli looks like a very competent CM, which we are in dire need of, currently. For a backup I don't see what the issue is.

I agree we need a player like Zaniolo. But he is a different kind of position than Locatelli.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Pirlo was slow. Marchisio wasn't quick either. Locatelli looks like a very competent CM, which we are in dire need of, currently. For a backup I don't see what the issue is.

I agree we need a player like Zaniolo. But he is a different kind of position than Locatelli.
I don't know maybe we have 100 million euros budget so we can waste some money on locatelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)