Nicolò Fagioli (18 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
and a key pass by fagioli before the goal

i love to watch this guy, he's got a great touch
He’s the reason I watched most U19 games when he was still at us, really a pleasure to watch.

Don’t want to compare him to Pirlo but his touch and flair is comparable, both touch the ball with so much ease. Can’t think of any other midfielder we had who has that touch.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Italy is just too conservative in many ways.
I remember Allegri trying to justify not playing young players with something along the lines of "If a young guy plays well everyone thinks hes gonna win a ballon d'or." As if there's no middle of the two extremes. I hate these Italian dinosaurs.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what exactly is the proper path for a young player if Allegri had it his way? Rovella has been playing regularly in Serie A since last season and still isnt guaranteed to be at Juve next season. And even if he is I doubt Mister would start him. Its ridiculous.

Jun 16, 2020
I remember Allegri trying to justify not playing young players with something along the lines of "If a young guy plays well everyone thinks hes gonna win a ballon d'or." As if there's no middle of the two extremes. I hate these Italian dinosaurs.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what exactly is the proper path for a young player if Allegri had it his way? Rovella has been playing regularly in Serie A since last season and still isnt guaranteed to be at Juve next season. And even if he is I doubt Mister would start him. Its ridiculous.
Today the commentator at Rai quoted Nicolato (the Italy U21’s coach) who apparently said that the hardest part of his job is selecting the players, because there are so few U21 players between Serie A and B who get regular playing time. That says a lot about the state we’re in. It’s collective failing.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Today the commentator at Rai quoted Nicolato (the Italy U21’s coach) who apparently said that the hardest part of his job is selecting the players, because there are so few U21 players between Serie A and B who get regular playing time. That says a lot about the state we’re in. It’s collective failing.
The whole "they're all not good enough" thing is bullshit. Always was.

Jun 16, 2020
I wouldn’t know what a turning point could be for this problem. In Italy everyone knows that the Serie A is inferior to La Liga, Premier League, Bundesliga and heck even Ligue 1 if we don’t watch out. Besides our finals no real succes in Europe for 12 years.

The only thing that might change this dumb way of thinking probably is if a big club in Italy shows that it can be done different and if they reach some big financial benefits.

And honestly Fagioli is having a great season in Serie B and it might be more important for his development that he’s playing there but I’m still salty that we loaned him on the last day of the mercato while facing a utter shit midfield with Rabiot who literally played 3 good games so far. And last year was even worse and Pirlo did not even try. So inexperienced or experienced managers, it doesn’t even matter. Somehow they’re all trapped in it.

Watch us now loaning/selling Pellegrini for Emerson for example. You just see it happening. Fagioli another year on loan while we’re stuck with Rabiot. It’s written in the stars

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The only thing that might change this dumb way of thinking probably is if a big club in Italy shows that it can be done different and if they reach some big financial benefits.
I've been thinking for awhile now Juve should operate more like a smaller club but with the budget of a top club. What I mean by that is focusing primarily on development, but buying the best young talent in the world. There is NOTHING that could prevent this strategy. Were also not a club that wins bidding wars for top established players, unless they have their hearts set on Juve, and only Juve. So why not focus on buying and developing players before they explode? Think Dortmund, Leipzig, Monaco, etc, but on a grander scale. And unlike those clubs, we wouldnt necessarily have to sell them off once they become too good.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Imagine if Fagioli was Spanish, he'd be playing in a la liga side regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This is actually one of the most infuriating issues I have with Allegri, and why I was most excited about Pirlo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)