Nicolò Fagioli (44 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Sending your agent with not-so-cryptic messaging is always a good idea. Especially if you haven't proven shit yet and came late to training/game during preseason, cannot play more than 60min at Serie B level. You just gotta do it

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He could clearly go on loan if it was to a Serie A team, however it would be better to give him a chance here.
i guess the agent means that the new fifa regulations will restrict loans as we know it now. here's some info on it from calcioefinanza:

bottom line is that clubs can't have more than 8 players out on loan. now we have 12, and fagioli's contract would expire next summer anyway, so it's either a sale now or a chance at the first team. an other loan, with or without extension simply won't make sense.

agreed with the second part, he deserves a chance here.

Jun 16, 2020
Oh no mate.
We’re going to relive old times and you’ll love it. Next year after a goal we can witness Pogba, Rovella and Fagioli dabbing.

60B55843-7F96-48EE-B100-D1B69D71A125.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Sending your agent with not-so-cryptic messaging is always a good idea. Especially if you haven't proven shit yet and came late to training/game during preseason, cannot play more than 60min at Serie B level. You just gotta do it
Remember this?

https://football-italia.net/report-kean-and-zaniolo-punished/amp/

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's saying either give him a chance or sell the kid, doesnt want to prove another year that he's good.
He's obviously good but the only way he'll prove if that is Juve good is to get a chance, Cremonese and Italy U21 is a pale comparison.

That said, I've always thought that Andrea D'Amico is an absolute cock, so any scenario involving Fagioli wouldn't surprise me. He has this knack of making his talents appear to be established stars as soon as there is some hype. Good for himself but not aways for his clients.

The club needs to extend his contract and give him a chance in a group of 5 or 6 midfielders, that's it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Obviously Italian teams are retarded when it comes to young players but in this specific case of Fagioli, I don't think what we did was wrong. He plays a fuck ton for his team right now and touches it a lot.

Its our NEXT steps that will determine if we're also among the retarded Italian teams.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Obviously Italian teams are retarded when it comes to young players but in this specific case of Fagioli, I don't think what we did was wrong. He plays a fuck ton for his team right now and touches it a lot.

Its our NEXT steps that will determine if we're also among the retarded Italian teams.
Glad his agent is kind of putting his foot down when it comes to the idea of another loan. He doesn’t need it. He’s ready for a top club and if they’re retarded enough to sell him I may just be out for good and find another hobby to waste my time on.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He's ready if Allegri determines he's ready. I love him, believe in him the most of all youngsters, but he needs to shut up and work.

Also, not only about Allegri's trust. Unless we can offload both Arthur and Rabiot I don't see how he has space in the midfield next season

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Also, not only about Allegri's trust. Unless we can offload both Arthur and Rabiot I don't see how he has space in the midfield next season
could we use him now? of course we could. if danilo plays in midfield, it means that we have a shortage of midfielders. and he's homegrown, so he could fill one of the two remaining homegrown slots.

as for his contract, while i don't find the wording too fortunate, his agent has a point. he'll be on the last year of his contract, this situation certainly needs a solution for the next few years.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Never in a milion years would Barcelona or Pep or Klopp let go of a player like Fagioli and send him on a loan while keeping a Bentancur and a Rabiot instead....
Sure thing bro.

Klopp who has been at Liverpool 7 years now and turned one single youngster, Trent Alexander Arnold into a top first team player. Lol

And Pep who spends a billion dollars on transfer fees to build a top squad. Remind me what youngsters he has developed in 6 years at City? Phil Foden. That’s it. Lol

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
could we use him now? of course we could. if danilo plays in midfield, it means that we have a shortage of midfielders. and he's homegrown, so he could fill one of the two remaining homegrown slots.

as for his contract, while i don't find the wording too fortunate, his agent has a point. he'll be on the last year of his contract, this situation certainly needs a solution for the next few years.
Yes, we could use him in an emergency, but you cannot just keep him all season with a big chance of sitting on the bench for the most part just in hope/expectation that 10 first team players will be injured all at once.

Loaning him out was 100% the correct decision. We are not in RM or PSG position of benching huge earners like Rabiot and letting them expire only. They need to play in hope of getting rid of them, while Fagioli needs playing time.

I like him and all, but I have big doubts he can be anything other than a reserve for the next 2-3 years at least when he can't play more than 60mins at Serie B level. No matter how you look at it - it is a huge difference in talent, intensity, pressure, expectations etc.

Ideally he comes back next season, earns a decent playing time and becomes a 1st team player the next season, but that is the absolute best case scenario. I would like him to stay at Cremonese next season too in Serie A, then we can revisit. And if he's threatening with not extending the contract this early in his career without ever achieving anything then fuck that, sell him now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 38)