Nicolò Fagioli (57 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I fell so in love with him when I watched him the first time, but now honestly his face and body language remind me of Kean so much. Same dull expression, same pedestrian speed all the time.

Compared to urgency and hunger you see with Rovella and Miretti it's not surprising or undeserved that he goes on loan again.
Answer yourself this, did you just utter all this nonsense without the player playing a single second of competitive football this season so far?

And when you answer that rhetorical, punch yourself and give yourself a wedgie same time.

Its tricky, but I believe in you.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Answer yourself this, did you just utter all this nonsense without the player playing a single second of competitive football this season so far?

And when you answer that rhetorical, punch yourself and give yourself a wedgie same time.

It is tricky because I can ask the people who have their panties in a bunch the same question, based on what is Fagioli generating all this optimism for being a great player and whining for another loan?

Everyone is talking shit, neither you nor I have any basis for our "arguments" here. He didn't play competitive football so you cannot say he will be great nor can I say he won't. Get off your high horse. Not that I am trying to say he will not, I would love nothing more than him succeeding, but this is the impression I got so far

I could understand if Arthur was playing ahead of him, but I would love to hear an explanation of why Miretti, Rovella and even Kean keep getting chances under the same coach, but he does not.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
It is tricky because I can ask the people who have their panties in a bunch the same question, based on what is Fagioli generating all this optimism for being a great player and whining for another loan?

Everyone is talking shit, neither you nor I have any basis for our "arguments" here. He didn't play competitive football so you cannot say he will be great nor can I say he won't. Get off your high horse. Not that I am trying to say he will not, I would love nothing more than him succeeding, but this is the impression I got so far

I could understand if Arthur was playing ahead of him, but I would love to hear an explanation of why Miretti, Rovella and even Kean keep getting chances under the same coach, but he does not.
Because Allegri doesn't want to throw too many youngsters at the same time, 3 is already huge for his ability tbh.

Someone has to stay on the bench and it turns out to be Fagioli simply because Rovella is the only true regista we have in the squad and Miretti looks good whenever he jumps into the fray.

Bottom line is that all three should stay considering who is ahead of them in the pecking order right now. McKennie is not a footballer, Rabiot's only quality is fitness. Locatelli looks lost out there but it'd be dumb to write him off just yet. Zakaria and Pogba are made of glass, we need options on the bench and these kids are perfect for this. Hopefully long term they displace the 'starters' but all three won't play at the same time from the very beginning, that's for sure.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Re-read exactly what you said if you are suprised about the reaction. Those weren't arguments, but utter nonsense. Fvcking body language? From where, the bench? The meaningless pre season games he mostly did good at?

And dont think most here say Fagioli is a great player, far from it, but he came back from a successful loan, best youngster in Serie B and renegotiated a contract with him with the idea go give him a shot in senior team. And before he even plays a single second, he is said to be loaned out, why? Why is it so hard to get a mere chance to play as youngster in our organisation? Especially when the other senior options not named Pogba or Locatelli are duds?

And I dont value him over Miretti, I argued lightly for the opposite, for why Allegri might prefer the younger Miretti, more athletic and physical presence. I dont count Rovella because IMO him and Fagioli dont play same position. Rovella is a pure Regista.

The key word is OPPORTUNITY, if a academy graduate is this promising, give him an opportunity, like why not? Seriously. Its not even given a second thought such players get a chance atleast in other top clubs. But for us who can rarely produce our own talents, dismiss them for who, Rabiot refusing to leave? Players who can't make 2 meter passes like McKennie?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

What if maybe in training they come up short and more average than the duds we already have? There is plenty more ways and angles that we can look at this and if you actually watched him in preseason you would also be able to form an idea in comparison with at least the other youngsters who got similar chances, which so far made him look as someone less capable of fighting for a starting spot here, both in terms of his role on the pitch and ball control when under pressure(which is already one of our primary issues with the current overpaid crop of midfielders).

Of course it’s still way too early to pass clear judgements but i doubt Allegri has something personal against him to leave him out twice in a row while the others got their chances to play again.

- - - Updated - - -

Only time will tell how this one will eventually pan out.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Re-read exactly what you said if you are suprised about the reaction. Those weren't arguments, but utter nonsense. Fvcking body language? From where, the bench? The meaningless pre season games he mostly did good at?

And dont think most here say Fagioli is a great player, far from it, but he came back from a successful loan, best youngster in Serie B and renegotiated a contract with him with the idea go give him a shot in senior team. And before he even plays a single second, he is said to be loaned out, why? Why is it so hard to get a mere chance to play as youngster in our organisation? Especially when the other senior options not named Pogba or Locatelli are duds?

And I dont value him over Miretti, I argued lightly for the opposite, for why Allegri might prefer the younger Miretti, more athletic and physical presence. I dont count Rovella because IMO him and Fagioli dont play same position. Rovella is a pure Regista.

The key word is OPPORTUNITY, if a academy graduate is this promising, give him an opportunity, like why not? Seriously. Its not even given a second thought such players get a chance atleast in other top clubs. But for us who can rarely produce our own talents, dismiss them for who, Rabiot refusing to leave? Players who can't make 2 meter passes like McKennie?
Yeah dude, the preseason. He played a lot and didn't show that he cares much more than these other duds. Fair or not I expect a young player to show more effort, hunger, determination than Rabiot or McKennie.

And considering Miretti and Rovella I do not think that is unfair to expect. Difference between them is obvious.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What if maybe in training they come up short and more average than the duds we already have? There is plenty more ways and angles that we can look at this and if you actually watched him in preseason you would also be able to form an idea in comparison with at least the other youngsters who got similar chances, which so far made him look as someone less capable of fighting for a starting spot here, both in terms of his role on the pitch and ball control when under pressure(which is already one of our primary issues with the current overpaid crop of midfielders).

Of course it’s still way too early to pass clear judgements but i doubt Allegri has something personal against him to leave him out twice in a row while the others got their chances to play again.

- - - Updated - - -

Only time will tell how this one will eventually pan out.

I clarified in past training makes huge difference, and that's a telling part we don't witness, but until we hear that's the reason I won't conclude its the reason, tho defenitely a factor. And I dont think ball controll is the issue, if anything he has the best ball control of all the youngsters, and more deft touch then most other then Pogba and prolly Locatelli.

But I can speculate that part of the reason is probably role, Allegri is not sure which role to use him in, and imo main defect for him that may lead to that conclusion is physique and overall duels, he is very slight and not the type to impose himself in duels. Miretti is dynamic physically speaking and even tho Rovella is slight too and loses plenty of duels because of it, he plays quite aggressive enough. Allegri rates physicality above ball skills with some of his preferences.

But yeah the crux of the matter is its too early to judge, all we ask he is given a chance to show if he is worthy or not. Instead of give up on him.

End of the day, we dont truly know what Allegri feels about him, and what Daniel said might be true, this all be may be moot and he is not coming off the bench because he lacks fitness after some knock.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I clarified in past training makes huge difference, and that's a telling part we don't witness, but until we hear that's the reason I won't conclude its the reason, tho defenitely a factor. And I dont think ball controll is the issue, if anything he has the best ball control of all the youngsters, and more deft touch then most other then Pogba and prolly Locatelli.

But I can speculate that part of the reason is probably role, Allegri is not sure which role to use him in, and imo main defect for him that may lead to that conclusion is physique and overall duels, he is very slight and not the type to impose himself in duels. Miretti is dynamic physically speaking and even tho Rovella is slight too and loses plenty of duels because ofnit, he plays quite aggressive enough. Allegri rates physicality above ball skills with some of his preferences.

But yeah the crux of the matter is its too early to judge, all we ask he is given a chance to show if he is worthy or not. Instead of give up on him.

End of the day, we dont truly know what Allegri feels about him, and what Daniel said might be true, this all be may be moot and he is not coming off the bench because he lacks fitness after some knock.
I agree, guess the mercatto is going to close in about a week anyway so we will probably find out soon what’s really going on and what is really the plan(if there is any) regarding all of this.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Based on his competition being an insult to life combined with his good cameo performances. He has also been spoken on highly by previous coaches.

Last season I was assured that Miretti wasn't getting minutes because he wasn't as good as players such as Rabiot and Arthur and was told I was being ridiculous for believing the opposite could be true, now here we are again in the same exact mess in midfield. For all we know, because Miretti has Serie A "experience" now then he gets to play x minutes, but Fagioli doesn't so he gets nothing (hint: Allegri can give him that experience anyway, it's a bullshit argument).

Yes it's a long season, but the man has 5 fucking subs every match, use them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I said before i’d be happy if we keep two of our three young CMs and that remains the case for me. I had hoped it would be Fagioli and Miretti who stay, but Rovella and Miretti works for me too.

If we’re seeing a 19 and a 20 year old get regular midfield minutes this season, I’m not sure why anyone would be bitching about the club/coach not giving youngsters a chance just because Fagioli isn’t also given a shot this year. Definitely not something worth melting down over. If one of the three goes on loan, he’ll get his chance next year again if he’s good enough.

Now if we ship out two of the three and the other barely plays, then people have something to complain about.

Jun 16, 2020

Based on opinions here of those who cared watching Cremomese, U19 and U23 maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 40)