Nicolò Fagioli (8 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
So RM has no credit in developing them as youth or nah?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my question is - how many of ours went on similar paths as those RM players and actually became sought after by other top clubs? I can’t think of any.
I didn't say they have no credit but you are talking about two different things here. You said there is no excitement for Fagioli because the club has not shown they can develop youth players which is not true. Then you went on to RM selling players and buying them back as some sort of proof.

If you wanna go down that route I would argue Coman, Kean, Cancelo, Pogba, Morata were all very young and raw and developed here to the point other good clubs wanted to buy them for big fees.

And there is the other side of the question - how many players that Juve did not give a chance to went on to break out elsewhere? Because that would be the only proof the club does not know how to develop players. Otherwise you can use literally any youth player who never amounted to anything and say the club did not develop them.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
You wouldn’t sacrifice him for world class player like SMS ?

99.99% Fagioli won’t be w.class .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds more like an opinion than a fact. Why you think Sarri likes him? Its all moot anyway, Lotito won't take anything for SMS except cash imo, especially from Juve.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I meant he should get to it gradually and not just be thrown into the water. Pogba as good as he was - we didnt throw him in but let him earn his place by playing him as a sub at the start and then its up to him.

Fagioli can enter the starting 11 but he would need to do it gradually and not straight from day 1
But we bought Pogba and didn’t immediately loan him out for “experience”

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I didn't say they have no credit but you are talking about two different things here. You said there is no excitement for Fagioli because the club has not shown they can develop youth players which is not true. Then you went on to RM selling players and buying them back as some sort of proof.

If you wanna go down that route I would argue Coman, Kean, Cancelo, Pogba, Morata were all very young and raw and developed here to the point other good clubs wanted to buy them for big fees.

And there is the other side of the question - how many players that Juve did not give a chance to went on to break out elsewhere? Because that would be the only proof the club does not know how to develop players. Otherwise you can use literally any youth player who never amounted to anything and say the club did not develop them.
Yeah, you could say that. But then you could also raise the point that Juventus’ youth system doesn’t get the fundamentals right in the first place to enable those individuals to succeed. Hence, the players were never going to amount to much anyway, wherever they went. For a bit of a skewed example, it could be like mis-teaching a child multiplication in their foundational stages and then expecting them to solve modular arithmetic years later in college. Most of them would slip right through the net. I think it’s a totally valid factor that you are not considering.

I may very well be wrong since I’m not involved in the Juventus youth set up and quite oblivious to the methods they use.
But so again, I’m probably correct in assuming that nor are you involved in Juventus’ primavera, nor do you have an intricate and an in depth understanding of their methods.

So to put it lightly, I think this is classic Occam’s Razor: It’s easy to over complicate this argument, however the best and simplest proof is essentially there, or rather, not there in black and white.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Based on what exactly?
Since I’m Juve fan we never ever produced any w.class players (no Marchisio wasn’t w.class)

Fagioli is already 21 , it’s not like he is like Pedri .

And some guys here don’t want to include him for a guy like SMS

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds more like an opinion than a fact. Why you think Sarri likes him? Its all moot anyway, Lotito won't take anything for SMS except cash imo, especially from Juve.
I don’t know that , it’s highly likely they don’t even want him , but just in case.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Since I’m Juve fan we never ever produced any w.class players (no Marchisio wasn’t w.class)

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t know that , it’s highly likely they don’t even want him , but just in case.
Fagioli looks really promising, does that mean he will be WC? Only one way to find out. And i rather we keep him for the very reason you bring up as why hed never be WC. I want sms here but they can have someone else.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
But we bought Pogba and didn’t immediately loan him out for “experience”
First of all Serie B experience is not Serie A experience.
Second - Pogba started on the bench and then shown his quality to earn a spot. This is exactly what I want for Fagioli and considering what I saw from him, I think he can do it too.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck SMS, serbian version of Berardi.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

Because he's our boy and he can become a badass. Unsellable, untradeable, unloanable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)