Nicolò Fagioli (29 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The only guy that stayed and developed there was Vazquez. He spent one year on loan and stayed with Zidane.

Others were all sold first and bought back after developing elsewhere
So RM has no credit in developing them as youth or nah?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my question is - how many of ours went on similar paths as those RM players and actually became sought after by other top clubs? I can’t think of any.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I really hate this line of thinking. He can obviously hold his own. Give him on the job training and start him until Pogba is fit (if ever) again.

the “inexperienced in Serie A” argument kills me. Everyone is inexperienced until they aren’t. That happens by playing.

- - - Updated - - -

The last youth player we developed and actually became a “thing” here was Marchisio. Sure we might buy youth players elsewhere but we really don’t develop and use our own.
I meant he should get to it gradually and not just be thrown into the water. Pogba as good as he was - we didnt throw him in but let him earn his place by playing him as a sub at the start and then its up to him.

Fagioli can enter the starting 11 but he would need to do it gradually and not straight from day 1

Jun 16, 2020
So RM has no credit in developing them as youth or nah?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my question is - how many of ours went on similar paths as those RM players and actually became sought after by other top clubs? I can’t think of any.
It’s a easy question, because we created almost nothing after we got send to B. Immobile is probably the best one

But that doesn’t mean that we can’t turn the tie, we created the U23 in 2018 and have some very interesting players now in the youth. If anything it’s a long term process

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not a big club since the end of 90s. They focus on youth cuz they cant buy established players.

- - - Updated - - -

Barcelona.

United did it under Fergie, and I think PSG and Chelsea used to/still do.
They also poach a lot of players in youth selections from local clubs and they buy a lot of established players in their prime.

The Scholes, Beckham generation was the last one that produced as many talented players at United, 30 years ago.

Developing youth players consistently would require from big clubs to make sacrifices and go through long spells of trophyless seasons until they hit the jackpot, which considering the amount of money circulating around, fans expectations, is not possible and they would inevitably fall behind rivals.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Tough to call them a big club but yeah they are definitely the best at producing talent
is it still true? when the Orange were one of the top national teams in the world I think it definitely was true, a lot of the star players in those teams came from Ajax - Cruyff, Bergkamp, Davids, Seedorf etc, but I'm not sure they still hold up considering the Orange have been a lot worse for a while now. I mean how can you be the best at producing talent if the top talent in the world are not coming from your academy?

If we look at most valuable players acc to transfermarkt and were they grew up:

Mbappe - Monaco;
Haaland - some norwegian club
Vinicius - Flamengo
Phoden - Man CIty
Salah - some egyptian club
Kane - Spurs
Vlahovic - Partizan
B.Fernandes - Boavista
de Bruyne - Genk
Pedri - Barca
Bellingham - Birmingham
Rice - West Ham
Rodri - Atletico / Villareal
Nkunku - PSG
TAA - Liverpool
Bernardo Silva - Benfica
Kimmich - Stuttgart
Lautaro - Racing
Sancho - Man City
Mount - Chelsea
Ruben Dias - Benfica
Son - Hamburg
Neymar - Santos
Wirtz - Koln
Felix - Porto/Benfica
Davies - some canadians and americans
Valverde - Penarol / RM
Leao - Sporting
de Ligt - Ajax
Havertz - Leverkusen
SMS - some serbs
Barella - cagliari
Grealish - Aston Villa
Mane - Metz
Marquinhos - Corinthians
Sterling - Liverpool
Lukaku - Anderlecht
Musiala - Southampton / Chelsea
Luis Diaz - some columbians
Saka - Arsenal
Osimhen - some nigerians
Hakimi - RM
Chiesa - Fiorentina
Robertson - QPR
Skriniar- some serbs
Cancelo - Benfica
Gnabry - some germans
Goretzka - VFL Bochum
Gavi - Barca
Reece James - Chelsea

of course the market realities of EPL having buttloads more cash than anyone else adjusts the prices heavily on transfermarkt and also in real life. but what I think is obvious from this list is that the best at producing young hot talents are Germany, Brazil, Spain, England and Portugal. another thing to take from it - there is no one academy that is producing elite talent at a higher level than everyone else. another thing I noticed - Italy and Netherlands both suck a bit compared to the past.

if we looked at how many professional footballers are produced by certain academies, I'm sure the Brazilians would outnumber everyone, there's just thousands of Brazilians playing in Europe alone.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
is it still true? when the Orange were one of the top national teams in the world I think it definitely was true, a lot of the star players in those teams came from Ajax - Cruyff, Bergkamp, Davids, Seedorf etc, but I'm not sure they still hold up considering the Orange have been a lot worse for a while now. I mean how can you be the best at producing talent if the top talent in the world are not coming from your academy?

If we look at most valuable players acc to transfermarkt and were they grew up:

Mbappe - Monaco;
Haaland - some norwegian club
Vinicius - Flamengo
Phoden - Man CIty
Salah - some egyptian club
Kane - Spurs
Vlahovic - Partizan
B.Fernandes - Boavista
de Bruyne - Genk
Pedri - Barca
Bellingham - Birmingham
Rice - West Ham
Rodri - Atletico / Villareal
Nkunku - PSG
TAA - Liverpool
Bernardo Silva - Benfica
Kimmich - Stuttgart
Lautaro - Racing
Sancho - Man City
Mount - Chelsea
Ruben Dias - Benfica
Son - Hamburg
Neymar - Santos
Wirtz - Koln
Felix - Porto/Benfica
Davies - some canadians and americans
Valverde - Penarol / RM
Leao - Sporting
de Ligt - Ajax
Havertz - Leverkusen
SMS - some serbs
Barella - cagliari
Grealish - Aston Villa
Mane - Metz
Marquinhos - Corinthians
Sterling - Liverpool
Lukaku - Anderlecht
Musiala - Southampton / Chelsea
Luis Diaz - some columbians
Saka - Arsenal
Osimhen - some nigerians
Hakimi - RM
Chiesa - Fiorentina
Robertson - QPR
Skriniar- some serbs
Cancelo - Benfica
Gnabry - some germans
Goretzka - VFL Bochum
Gavi - Barca
Reece James - Chelsea

of course the market realities of EPL having buttloads more cash than anyone else adjusts the prices heavily on transfermarkt and also in real life. but what I think is obvious from this list is that the best at producing young hot talents are Germany, Brazil, Spain, England and Portugal. another thing to take from it - there is no one academy that is producing elite talent at a higher level than everyone else. another thing I noticed - Italy and Netherlands both suck a bit compared to the past.

if we looked at how many professional footballers are produced by certain academies, I'm sure the Brazilians would outnumber everyone, there's just thousands of Brazilians playing in Europe alone.
Pogba - Le Havre

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I hope we give him the start in the first game

Remember Rabiot is suspended

Put him on the left of that midfield 3

He has character, you can tell
i think it’ll be Fagioli-Loca-Zakaria vs sassuolo, that is until someone else picks up an injury as well.

and yes give him #8.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not a big club since the end of 90s. They focus on youth cuz they cant buy established players.

- - - Updated - - -

They also poach a lot of players in youth selections from local clubs and they buy a lot of established players in their prime.

The Scholes, Beckham generation was the last one that produced as many talented players at United, 30 years ago.

Developing youth players consistently would require from big clubs to make sacrifices and go through long spells of trophyless seasons until they hit the jackpot, which considering the amount of money circulating around, fans expectations, is not possible and they would inevitably fall behind rivals.
There are plenty of teams that can't buy established players but there aren't many clubs doing as successful job developing youth as Ajax imo.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
United did it under Fergie, and I think PSG and Chelsea used to/still do.
The city of Paris is like a mini Brazil in terms of producing football talents

Most of the top French talents you see today will have roots in Paris. Picked up straight from the streets who come from humble backgrounds.

So it's natural to expect a club based in the city to have a good youth academy.

If PSG focused more on their youth than marketing, they would have a talent factory of their own.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Of the bigger clubs. Barca, Ajax and Chelsea are the premier producers of players to their own squad. They have nonstop and consistent talent farm for their own squad.

Then you get Real Madrid, Bayern and PSG who produce really good players, but not allways just to their own teams. Bayern better then the other two at retaining and building around their own talent.

PSG has insane amount of home grown talent in plying their trade top football. They just super impatient in nurturing them and giving them shot in main team. So hardly any of them around their team except Kimpembe, Dagba and recent youth ones . Their ceiling tend to be youth or reserve level, but I wish Juve could consistently produce senior team level of players like:

Nkunku, Coman, Maignan, Ferlan Mendy, Ikone, Moussa Dembele, Edouard, Moussa Diaby, Areola, Yacine Adli (now in Milan), Nzonzi, Soumare, Guendozi and the list goes on and on.

Man U are decent too atleast for squad level players. Rushford and McTominay only starters they produced recently, but they have pretty good academy that can readily give them depth players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)