Nick Against the World (72 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Enron said:
It was a one night only thing and I was lodging in the Double Tree on High St next to the Hospital. Buffalo is not a bad city though I ended up going too far out of downtown and toured your ghetto for a while. I have to say it is an impressive ghetto. Anyway I drove back to Charleston last night so I'll need to change my loacation.
High street, right near Buffalo General Hospital ??

what the hell were you doing down there ??

it isnt exactly the ghetto, but it isnt nice either (its a shit area, TBH)

I wish you'd have told me a little sooner...that is an area where I patrol, so we could have met up for a bit

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Vinman said:
High street, right near Buffalo General Hospital ??

what the hell were you doing down there ??

it isnt exactly the ghetto, but it isnt nice either (its a shit area, TBH)

I wish you'd have told me a little sooner...that is an area where I patrol, so we could have met up for a bit
I was assisting my Dad with a deposition. We got in Sunday evening and left Modnay around 2. The hospital area wasn't the greatest but it wasn't too bad. I'm guessing that the police station downtown is yours? Man how suprised would you have been if I had gone with my plan. I was bored so I drove around a bit and went down Elmore or Elwood I think.That neighborhood was pretty eclectic, its pretty nice at first and then not so much. I didn't do much though on Sun night but I did scope out Niagra Falls. Next time I'm up there I'll definitely look you up.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Geof said:
Hey guys,
You heard anything about Ruben Olivera going to Sampdoria? Acoording to Goal.com's Italia transfer table, it's a confirmed deal.

I didn't open a thread for it as I don't know how reliable the info is.
Anyone knows anything?

Goal.com is full of rumours, lies and falsehoods. Kapo is still playing for Juve, and any deal for Olivera is not confirmed. Once Juventus completes the signing of all documents to either sell, loan or buy a player, the club does a proper press release. Failure to see said press release on juventus.com usually means that there is no final deal.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just got back home from a trip to the greatest city I have ever visited... New York City, or more specifically, Manhattan. Bought a bunch of nice clothes from the 5th Avenue and Lexington stores, especially Diesel, and bought copious amounts of good food at places such as La Mela in Little Italy.

I'll give a shout to Nick on the suggestion of "the only edible place in Little Italy," La Mela. The food was great, actually, as it was probably some of the best gnocchi and tortollini I have ever personally had. Although the vino was nothing special really... is Citra even that good to you wine connoisseurs? Even though the food at most places in Little Italy is below par, it's still a cool place to hangout for while. I even spoke with a waitress straight out of Napoli who supports Juventus apparently... not surprising she had no idea we will be playing Serie B this coming season..

But in any case, now Burke and I will make the trip to the New York area on Friday and hopefully be meeting some worthless footballers such as Lionel Messi, Eidur Gudjohnson, and Ronaldinho.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Cheers, Andy. :pint: Sounds like some good travels...and hopefully NYC is somewhat cooler than the surface of the sun these days.

Me? Way too sucked in with work garbage at the moment. But I will leave you with my strange-but-true story of the week.

Last Friday, my wife's car, a 1996 Acura Integra with 150k+ miles and an alarm on it (that kills the engine), was stolen parked in front of our driveway. No one heard a thing overnight -- including our neighbors across from us who sleep facing the street. (The thieves also broke into two other cars on the block that same night.) Now I don't live in a dicey neighborhood, but crime isn't always too far.

The cops called today as the car showed up by San Francisco State U. Headlights missing, but fully driveable and otherwise no signs of any damage. Apparently they entered with a key -- so there was no external break-in damage and no alarm activation. (And since my wife has all the keys, it makes me wonder if it was an inside job from an auto-shop worker or something.)

But then it gets weirder. The emergency $20 bill in her glove compartment was still there. And there's a baby seat and a bunch of blankets in the trunk, and the gear shift knob was replaced with a silver cobra head. WTF?!?! :wth:

Needless to say, now that we've got it back, we're donating it to charity to leave as someone else's problem -- should some cobra-shifting family decide to store their high chairs and strollers in it across town in the coming days.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Andy said:
I'll give a shout to Nick on the suggestion of "the only edible place in Little Italy," La Mela. The food was great, actually, as it was probably some of the best gnocchi and tortollini I have ever personally had.
Oh dear....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
swag said:
Cheers, Andy. :pint: Sounds like some good travels...and hopefully NYC is somewhat cooler than the surface of the sun these days.

Me? Way too sucked in with work garbage at the moment. But I will leave you with my strange-but-true story of the week.

Last Friday, my wife's car, a 1996 Acura Integra with 150k+ miles and an alarm on it (that kills the engine), was stolen parked in front of our driveway. No one heard a thing overnight -- including our neighbors across from us who sleep facing the street. (The thieves also broke into two other cars on the block that same night.) Now I don't live in a dicey neighborhood, but crime isn't always too far.

The cops called today as the car showed up by San Francisco State U. Headlights missing, but fully driveable and otherwise no signs of any damage. Apparently they entered with a key -- so there was no external break-in damage and no alarm activation. (And since my wife has all the keys, it makes me wonder if it was an inside job from an auto-shop worker or something.)

But then it gets weirder. The emergency $20 bill in her glove compartment was still there. And there's a baby seat and a bunch of blankets in the trunk, and the gear shift knob was replaced with a silver cobra head. WTF?!?! :wth:

Needless to say, now that we've got it back, we're donating it to charity to leave as someone else's problem -- should some cobra-shifting family decide to store their high chairs and strollers in it across town in the coming days.
Hopefully you'll receive a hefty tax break for all your troubles.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Andy said:
Well sorry douchebag, not all of us are millionaires and can afford places that serve bacon and egg ice cream everyday, you know.

Hell, who wants to try that shit anyway.
The Duck is very reasonably priced actually... Not expensive at all

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Enron said:
I was assisting my Dad with a deposition. We got in Sunday evening and left Modnay around 2. The hospital area wasn't the greatest but it wasn't too bad. I'm guessing that the police station downtown is yours? Man how suprised would you have been if I had gone with my plan. I was bored so I drove around a bit and went down Elmore or Elwood I think.That neighborhood was pretty eclectic, its pretty nice at first and then not so much. I didn't do much though on Sun night but I did scope out Niagra Falls. Next time I'm up there I'll definitely look you up.
Elmwood avenue..and it is a bit of a weird place (nice view on a warm sunny day, if you know what I mean !!:eyebrows: )

next time, let me know ahead of time

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Andy said:
I just got back home from a trip to the greatest city I have ever visited... New York City, or more specifically, Manhattan. Bought a bunch of nice clothes from the 5th Avenue and Lexington stores, especially Diesel, and bought copious amounts of good food at places such as La Mela in Little Italy.

I'll give a shout to Nick on the suggestion of "the only edible place in Little Italy," La Mela. The food was great, actually, as it was probably some of the best gnocchi and tortollini I have ever personally had. Although the vino was nothing special really... is Citra even that good to you wine connoisseurs? Even though the food at most places in Little Italy is below par, it's still a cool place to hangout for while. I even spoke with a waitress straight out of Napoli who supports Juventus apparently... not surprising she had no idea we will be playing Serie B this coming season..

But in any case, now Burke and I will make the trip to the New York area on Friday and hopefully be meeting some worthless footballers such as Lionel Messi, Eidur Gudjohnson, and Ronaldinho.
the only guy in West Virginia who will be wearing diesel...or even know what it is...

"diesel ??? that there tractor of mine runz 'awn it " :D (as dueling banjos plays)

Aug 4, 2006
Son_of_Samatar said:
Papa???

Papa???

How do I know when to stop smasing penis with wood??

I getting dizzy again.

Papa???
Ah wen de peenus is one shade more purple den yer face its time to stop smashing. If you dizzy and fall, apply cookie to groin affected area. Den we be hyphy.

Aug 4, 2006
Respaul said:
The Duck is very reasonably priced actually... Not expensive at all
Hehe smug bastard eating million euro ducks and muk muk me eating monkey hands from crazy tree and smashing peenus in fire wood pile. I like too muk muk you in dark jungle an den we see who be de smart smug luk guk. Yaa den we see.

Apr 12, 2004
Yo, Swag, that is some fucked up shit.

I'll tell you what, I'll write you a thankyou note telling you thanks for the joyride and what not. But I'm sorry I left my high-stylin' shift knob in there. That shift knob will give you an extra 135 HP if you know how to use it right.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)