Neymar - Forward - PSG (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
I think most part has already been said in this thread.

I'm Brazilian and I see him play every week. This kid is a MONSTER.

U know, South American football is waaaaaaaaaaaaay dirtier than European leagues. Italian football is tough but loyal, most of times. In Copa Libertadores, the players go to Neymar to literally break his legs. if you watch a game played in Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, you will know what I'm talking about.

And the kid NEVER gets hurt, he plays like 60/65 games a season and is never tired or injured.

He had a diving and showboating problem 2 years ago, when he was 17. But he's changed, he's waaaaaaaaaaaay more mature. His hair may lead people to hate him, but he also is a very hardworking fellow. He never missed a training session.

Unfortunately, he won't leave Santos before the WC/2014. And when he leaves, it's going to cost nothing less than 50M or some like that. But IMO it's worthy. U will guarantee 10 yrs of WC football, he's a guy you can build a team around.

Regarding other young Brazilian players, to me most of them are overrated. Lucas is skilful, quick, hardworking, good mindset. But he isn't intelligent on the pitch, it counts a lot. He looks down and runs/driblle like hell. But not a smart player.

Ganso is classic, 50 yrs ago he would be a genious. But he's just not dynamic/hardworking enough nowadays. I would not invest on him.

Damiao would be a good purchase for 20M. He's pretty young, great mindset, good skills and physical characteristics. I'd bet on him.
It seems like Ganso would fit us perfectly, remember Trez work rate, he's nothing but scoring. Isn't that kind of player is what we need right now?

Also Neymar is too clownish, I might enjoy that kind of football but I expect more class from Juve players.

May 4, 2004

U know, South American football is waaaaaaaaaaaaay dirtier than European leagues. Italian football is tough but loyal, most of times. In Copa Libertadores, the players go to Neymar to literally break his legs. if you watch a game played in Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, you will know what I'm talking about.

And the kid NEVER gets hurt, he plays like 60/65 games a season and is never tired or injured.

He had a diving and showboating problem 2 years ago, when he was 17. But he's changed, he's waaaaaaaaaaaay more mature. His hair may lead people to hate him, but he also is a very hardworking fellow. He never missed a training session.

Unfortunately, he won't leave Santos before the WC/2014. And when he leaves, it's going to cost nothing less than 50M or some like that. But IMO it's worthy. U will guarantee 10 yrs of WC football, he's a guy you can build a team around.

Regarding other young Brazilian players, to me most of them are overrated. Lucas is skilful, quick, hardworking, good mindset. But he isn't intelligent on the pitch, it counts a lot. He looks down and runs/driblle like hell. But not a smart player.

Ganso is classic, 50 yrs ago he would be a genious. But he's just not dynamic/hardworking enough nowadays. I would not invest on him.

Damiao would be a good purchase for 20M. He's pretty young, great mindset, good skills and physical characteristics. I'd bet on him.
:tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

in europe ?

6 years max and then they return to brazil

if trying to break legs is a measure for how good a defence is, scotland would be world champions

closing down and locking up is how you do it, and beeing hard to pass 1-1

last brazilian defender that was really good at that was roberto carlos. legend !

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
@PedroFlu got to say your analysis is spot on :hellyes:

Specially regarding Lucas I too didn't like his decisions on the field. Got great skills but rather frustrating.

Neymar is far more matured in that aspect.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

and that right there sums it up

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
last brazilian defender that was really good at that was roberto carlos. legend !
Thiago Silva...:shifty:

Either ways...Neymar is a FANTASTIC talent, where ever he might go to in the future I'm sure he'll kick ass. Let's hope for his sake that he joins Juventus, cause we all know the damage Chiello is gonna do to him if he plays elsewhere :evil:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It seems like Ganso would fit us perfectly, remember Trez work rate, he's nothing but scoring. Isn't that kind of player is what we need right now?

Also Neymar is too clownish, I might enjoy that kind of football but I expect more class from Juve players.
I'd say that Ganso is as talented as Pirlo, for example. A genious when it comes to passing and seeing what others can't see.

But he disappears from the game too often, his concentration level is quite weak. Also he is physically weak, I guess... not a lot of movement off the ball, no stamina for marking.

A lot of people compare him to Rivaldo. Actually it's pretty similar. I hope he gets to that level, but honestly... I don't see him succeeding in Italy or England. Spain would fit him much better.

Anyway, if Ganso doesn't come through, we're pretty fucked. There's no Brazilian player nowhere near as intelligent as he is right now. No one thinks the game anymore in Brazil. Neymar is a rare exception. If Ganso can't organize the NT's midfield, no one will.

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 17:39 ----------

The Flu has spoken :delpiero:

Let's hope Neymar has an average WC in 2014, so we can acquire him in time for the 2014-2015 season, kinda like Zidane and Euro 96 :D
I'm flattered. =)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
in europe ?

6 years max and then they return to brazil

if trying to break legs is a measure for how good a defence is, scotland would be world champions

closing down and locking up is how you do it, and beeing hard to pass 1-1

Trying to break legs is a reference so you can know he doesn't showboat or dive anymore. He did it when he was 17, come on. Now the kid is tougher than ever.

And honestly, I tend to laugh when people say the Brazilian league isn't a real test, or that we don't have good defenders. Where did Thiago Silva played for years? In my team, Fluminense. Dedé will possibly become a very good defender, world level. He is in Brazil.

And now most players are staying, Brazilian teams have dramatically improved their conditions. In Europe, there's only T. Silva, Marcelo, Daniel Alves. Top 3 in their positions. But that's it. All the rest is here, and even though we're not going through a good moment, u gotta respect Brazil. Summing it up: to me, it's a lack of respect to say that our league is shitty or non-competitive (not that you have said).

Maybe you just don't like the kid. But is football is fucking amazing.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
btw pedro :D did you read my signature? also how do you see your chances of advancing in copa lib without fred and deco?
Yeah man I read it. Hahaha it's Abel Braga. Actually I agree with most he's said, but for some reason he likes to suck oponent's balls before the games. Maybe to take the pressure of a defeat off, or to highlight his victory. He said that after we beat Boca 2-1 at La Bombonera, finishing their 36-game unbeaten.

Chances without them as thinner, they're the 2 best of the team. Deco has played some games just like old times in Barça. To be without him is like Boca without Riquelme. Also we don't have Wellington Nem, a 19 yr old youngster who was selected as the best youngster of last Brasileirão... he's in the NT right now. Very quick, explosive, good dribbling with the left foot. But he's not playing as well. And also 2 important players in the midfield.

However, the squad is very good, they invested a lot of money... so I'll give Boca a 55-45 edge. Boca's team isn't that great actually... it's a good team, extremely solid.. so, if we manage to draw tomorrow, we definitely can go through. If not, if Boca comes to Brazil just to defend and counter, like every Argentinian team does, then we're fucked.

But I'm pretty hopeful =)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah man I read it. Hahaha it's Abel Braga. Actually I agree with most he's said, but for some reason he likes to suck oponent's balls before the games. Maybe to take the pressure of a defeat off, or to highlight his victory. He said that after we beat Boca 2-1 at La Bombonera, finishing their 36-game unbeaten.

Chances without them as thinner, they're the 2 best of the team. Deco has played some games just like old times in Barça. To be without him is like Boca without Riquelme. Also we don't have Wellington Nem, a 19 yr old youngster who was selected as the best youngster of last Brasileirão... he's in the NT right now. Very quick, explosive, good dribbling with the left foot. But he's not playing as well. And also 2 important players in the midfield.

However, the squad is very good, they invested a lot of money... so I'll give Boca a 55-45 edge. Boca's team isn't that great actually... it's a good team, extremely solid.. so, if we manage to draw tomorrow, we definitely can go through. If not, if Boca comes to Brazil just to defend and counter, like every Argentinian team does, then we're fucked.

But I'm pretty hopeful =)
ok let me set the record straight :D you were VERY lucky to beat boca in that game(i watched it). also boca will be missing silva, somoza, and ledesma. as for argie teams in brazil, i believe the last time boca won copa lib they destroyed a brazilian team in brazil(boca has a really good record in brazil)

I am John

The Anallist
May 1, 2012
I'd say that Ganso is as talented as Pirlo, for example. A genious when it comes to passing and seeing what others can't see.

But he disappears from the game too often, his concentration level is quite weak. Also he is physically weak, I guess... not a lot of movement off the ball, no stamina for marking.

A lot of people compare him to Rivaldo. Actually it's pretty similar. I hope he gets to that level, but honestly... I don't see him succeeding in Italy or England. Spain would fit him much better.

Anyway, if Ganso doesn't come through, we're pretty $#@!ed. There's no Brazilian player nowhere near as intelligent as he is right now. No one thinks the game anymore in Brazil. Neymar is a rare exception. If Ganso can't organize the NT's midfield, no one will.

---------- Post added 16.05.2012 at 17:39 ----------

I'm flattered. =)
Ups, my bad, I mistakenly thought that Ganso is the finisher.....I think what I mean at the first time is Damiao. Whatever, I don't really support any brazilian coming to Juve anyway.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
ok let me set the record straight :D you were VERY lucky to beat boca in that game(i watched it). also boca will be missing silva, somoza, and ledesma. as for argie teams in brazil, i believe the last time boca won copa lib they destroyed a brazilian team in brazil(boca has a really good record in brazil)
lol ok pr man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)