New Car :) (10 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Well, thats not completely true. Volvo's are the safest cars, but if in a major accident the car will be completely destroyed on the front, but you'll still be able to open the doors without problems and you'll be ok. It's all about the crash zones, the new S40 has 4 different tipes of steel on the front all to absorb the energy of the impact, the the more the car absorbs the worse it'll look, but you'll be safer.
Very true... The toughest built cars aren't necessarily the safest.

In Volvos, the engines are also designed to drop to the floor durring major head-on accidents so that it doesn't go in the cabin.

The part in bold is necessarily true.. Have you ever seen what a 90's to 2003 maxima looks like in a bad collision?!
It's a death machine for speeders.. The engine is powerfull and the body is like paper!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
All good drivers crash their cars at least once.
I know a guy who is 70+, he's had his licence for 40 years, very *very* into cars, has been all his life. And he never had an accident. Until 2 years ago. So yeah that's just about right what you said there. :)

Of course crash != accident, you can crash without it being an accident... :D

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
It's good that Volvos and Saabs are safe cars, specially now that Zlatan is on the road! :thumb:
Oh that's cold man :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

I know a guy who is 70+, he's had his licence for 40 years, very *very* into cars, has been all his life. And he never had an accident. Until 2 years ago. So yeah that's just about right what you said there. :)

Of course crash != accident, you can crash without it being an accident... :D
I'm not sure that "!=" is part of the lexical syntax for the English Language yet. ;) If you still insist on using it, at least declare the variables "crash" and "accident!" ;)

BTW, is it normal for people not to get their license till their 30+?

Oh that's cold man :D
I couldn't resist!! :D

you have to give me some credit though. I fought the temptation for about 3 minutes :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Very true... The toughest built cars aren't necessarily the safest.

In Volvos, the engines are also designed to drop to the floor durring major head-on accidents so that it doesn't go in the cabin.

The part in bold is necessarily true.. Have you ever seen what a 90's to 2003 maxima looks like in a bad collision?!
It's a death machine for speeders.. The engine is powerfull and the body is like paper!
Not sure how the Passat is on safety, although I assume its not bad, but I haven't been in an accident yet and I speed everywhere. Maybe I should slow down a little a la Zlatan......

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Not sure how the Passat is on safety, although I assume its not bad, but I haven't been in an accident yet and I speed everywhere. Maybe I should slow down a little a la Zlatan......
Slow down... I have a heavy foot myself.. I've intentially bought taken out all my Rap, Rock CDs out of my car so i won't listen to road-rage, speed-causing music as much :D

The CDs in my car are like Nora Jones, Keane...etc. :howler:

PS, German cars in general have high safty ratings... I'm sure that goes for the Passat as well. :) Your car gets "editors pick" in lots of ratings in magazines and stuff (though I won't mention the catagories ;) :D )

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah thats what I thought. I even go 80mph on a 40mph road in the country. :howler:

Funny thing is I haven't gotten one speeding ticket yet (knock on wood). :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Yeah thats what I thought. I even go 80mph on a 40mph road in the country. :howler:

I've been saying that ever since i started driving around 5 years ago.. I just got slapped with my first ticket a couple months ago.... The annoying thing is that it was going on a bridge that my grandfather had just told me that same day that it had radars and police everywhere. On my way oneside i drove on the limit (even though i was late) while on the way back I wasn't late or anything, but I was speeding... that's when that SOB caught me... hmm... My grandfather laughed his ass off when he found out! :groan: I deserve it.. it's about time i guess. Thank Allah that I've never been in or caused an accident... I learned my lesson..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I've been saying that ever since i started driving around 5 years ago.. I just got slapped with my first ticket a couple months ago.... The annoying thing is that it was going on a bridge that my grandfather had just told me that same day that it had radars and police everywhere. On my way oneside i drove on the limit (even though i was late) while on the way back I wasn't late or anything, but I was speeding... that's when that SOB caught me... hmm... My grandfather laughed his ass off when he found out! :groan: I deserve it.. it's about time i guess. Thank Allah that I've never been in or caused an accident... I learned my lesson..
Damn I thought bridges were safe. I drive over the Susquhanna River flying at about 100mph sometimes, while it says reduce speed ahead right before the bridge. I think I better watch it as well.

How much was the ticket?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Damn I thought bridges were safe. I drive over the Susquhanna River flying at about 100mph sometimes, while it says reduce speed ahead right before the bridge. I think I better watch it as well.

How much was the ticket?
It's not a regular bridge... this bridge is 25m long! I think it's one of the longest in the world... it has emergency sections and stops where cops sit...

The ticket cost? They've set a court date... this month... so I don't know yet...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good don't let those highway robbers fleece you Majed. :D

25 Miles long? My God that is a long bridge. Wasn't that same bridge damaged because of Hurricane Ivan?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Good don't let those highway robbers fleece you Majed. :D

25 Miles long? My God that is a long bridge. Wasn't that same bridge damaged because of Hurricane Ivan?
Ivan Damaged a bridge in Alabama, not ours :)

I wouldn't call them robbers...though they really are SOBs at the time :D, but I guess their just doing their honest job. :)

It's a long story really as it wasn't completely my fault... We'll see what happens...

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
All good drivers crash their cars at least once.

I am still looking forward to this experience :)
If not crashing means Im a bad driver, I wanna be the worst of them all!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

If not crashing means Im a bad driver, I wanna be the worst of them all!!
Don't listen to them Fabs.... Just drive safe.. and watch for:

1. Speeders like Andy.
2. Former speeders like me.
2. Cross-eyed lunatics like Zlatan.
3. hidden lunatics who wish for an accident like Elnur..
4. Car hating pedestrians like Martin :howler:

:D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I dont think in Venezuela we have speeding limits... haha

Im sorry to hear that, Majed, but at least you werent in an accident or anything

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Im sorry to hear that, Majed, but at least you werent in an accident or anything

I havn't been in an accident thankfully, but I made a couple of bad mistaks in my few years of driving... The biggest was racing extremely reclessly with someone (in a road rage manner) while my little sister was with me in the car.... I won't foget the look on her face... she was too scared to even yell!! :dazed:

I could have easily caused a dozen car accident...(and not to mention a couple of pedestrians on the way). I stopped that reclessness and after the ticket I don't even speed much anymore (beyond the average range that is :D )

Anyway, the ticket was for the best...I'm thankfull. :) It's just a ticket and everyone gets them, but for me, it takes away that little sense of invincibility that I MAY have had. It doesn't take much for me to learn...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:wth: Venezuela sounds like a car lover's paradise! Fuel costs a handful of dirt per litre and there's no speed limits?! :eek:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
You're invited when you want to Venezuela Graham

but for me, it takes away that little sense of invincibility that I MAY have had. It doesn't take much for me to learn...
Yeah, I TOTALLY know that feeling!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

I've been driving for 8 years in Azerbaijan, and my driving record is crystal clear- all my violations have been payed off by bribes ($0.20 to $350.00).

Not that anybody cares though... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)