New Azzurri coach (6 Viewers)

Who would you like as new Azzurri coach?

• Trap should stay

• Fabio Capello

• Marcello Lippi

• Luigi Del Neri

• Dino Zoff

• Carlos Bianchi

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
It is almost sure... Gianluca Vialli will be the new Italy coach!!!

I'm very happy about getting free of the old crazy man but kind of worried about Gianluca... He is coming in a very bad and already compromised situation and he does not have so many expirience and most of all he hates polemics... (he never denied he prefer to work in England cause there are always too many polemics in Italy)... It is hight risck to be "borned" to take the azzurri bench right know 4 somebody young like him.... Let's hope the best 4 him... he is liked from almost everybody in Italy... and usually azzurri coachs end up to be between the mosts hated and have to finisch their career soon...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I would not have chosen him (Vialli) but the least that can be done at the moment is getting rid of Trap.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
If the Italian FA wont get rid of Trap because they can't decide on who should take his place, then here my advise to them:

NO COACH AT ALL IS BETTER THAN TRAP AT THIS MOMENT!!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
If the Italian FA wont get rid of Trap because they can't decide on who should take his place
The sad thing is that this is a true risck!!!:eek:

The FA has no power at all and is trying to find a coach who is liked from every big club... It looked like they choose Vialli, but now some clubs said he's too "juventino"... Unfortunately big clubs see the NT like a way to increes the players market value, ecc... so is a very big mess choosing a coatch who is not involved with a particolar club and so who won't make favors to particolar players....
If they really can't find a "neutral" one in Italy I will go 4 a foreign one... but Trap has to go! :fero: That does not have to be an excuse to keep the old crazy man!!!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I think most of the big clubs do not like Vialli more cause he can be the next Juve coach after Lippi and so maybe he can be influenced by Juve during his stay in the NT...
The name of Baresi was also made but he has the same problem... he's too much "milanista"...
It's a mess... I just hope they will not take the exuse about how difficolt it is to choose the new CT to confirm Trap :fero:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Brazilian boss Felipe Scolari has become the latest candidate to take over the Italian national team.

The tactician, who led Brazil to the 2002 World Cup win, is being reported as an option if the FIGC - Italian Football Federation - decide to dismiss Giovanni Trapattoni (pictured).

Trap’s position is in serious doubt after the Azzurri have won just two out of their last 10 games.

Qualification for Euro 2004 is also in doubt after Italy have collected just four points from three games.

Dino Zoff, Gianluca Vialli and Franco Baresi have all been linked with the job recently but Scolari is available after he quit the Brazil post.

"A friend of mine has told me that I am a candidate," Scolari is quoted as saying. "This is a dream for me because I am soon going to be taking on Italian citizenship."

However, it seems highly unlikely that the Federation will appoint a foreign Coach.

Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)