New Azzurri coach (10 Viewers)

Who would you like as new Azzurri coach?

• Trap should stay

• Fabio Capello

• Marcello Lippi

• Luigi Del Neri

• Dino Zoff

• Carlos Bianchi

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
nice avatar leila :cool:

and please, no vialli..we need someone who has at least managed a top side with top players. he hasn't done that yet

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
At this point, any coach would do .. Trap must be shown the door!
Totally agree .... The NT has reached the desperado stage. :fero:

I choose 'other' as in Scolari. What the NT needs right now is some discipline, motivation & self belief. Scolari is known for all these inputs.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I hope Trap visits this page and resigns immediately thereafter ......

*Thinks of ways to get Trap to view this page*

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I think Zoff should get back in as the coach. In recent times, he has led Italy the best and most successful

Aug 30, 2002
MANCINI TIPS VIALLI FOR ITALY HOT-SEAT

Saturday October 19 2002

Lazio coach Roberto Mancini believes former Chelsea boss Gianluca Vialli has the ideal credentials to revive the Italian national team.

Mancini has backed under-fire Azzurri boss Giovanni Trapattoni to dig the national team out of their current hole, but the former Italy international believes Vialli should step into the breach if the FIGC decide it is time for a change.

Trapattoni was already facing calls for his resignation after last Saturday's 1-1 draw with Yugoslavia, but Wednesday's 2-1 defeat to Wales in Cardiff has only served to intensify the criticism. Mancini told Gazzetta dello Sport: "If the federation decided to change, then I think the ideal candidate will be Gianluca Vialli."

He added: "I think the current coach should continue because he has the strength to come out of this crisis."

The FIGC appear willing to stick by Trapattoni despite Italy's poor record of just two wins in their last 10 games.

And as Trapattoni himself has already ruled out resigning, talk of a successor remains nothing more than speculation.

But that has not stopped Mancini from pushing the claims of his former Sampdoria team-mate Vialli.

Vialli has been out of work since being sacked by Watford in June and is one of several candidates to have been mentioned by the Italian press.

Mancini said: "I think Gianluca can do really well, he has new and extraordinary ideas, is charismatic and he is appreciated by the players."

football365.com

not a bad shout, since he's more in touch with football of today unlike Trap. these days you see more inexperienced young managers succeeding at international level eg mark hughes, rudi voller... go with youth!

Aug 30, 2002
i think 1 or 2 FA cups, UEFA cup, and qutr final of champs league but, suppose his record is debatable...

my angle is that maybe you don't need that much club managerial experience to be successful at international level.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Ok, Vialli was a great player, no question!!

As a coach!!

He inherited a team which after years of work by gullit was starting to work in harmony......
This team got the results...Gullits team.
Gradually vialli undomne all that hard work, till finally chelsea were returned to the inconsistent mess they had always been and he was sacked.
Many of the players have since come out and admitted the problems vialli caused and also that they were glad he went.

So not very good there then.

Watford... a middle of the row team that should have been vying for a playoff spot.... he threw out all the best players, bought in friends and other rubbish.
They had an awful season, and went almost to bankruptcy under viallis watchful eye....
Again the players and staff have all come out and condemned him....

He did so much damage they recently had to sell their stadium for pennies and now every saturday they are out at the ground with the begging bowl!!

Vialli.... I think not!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)