Nationality Mixup (16 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Yes, yes and yes. But as always you might need a local to show you around or you won't be able to find the really good places.

But you should probably remember all of these things are normal here. The red light district, with women behind shop windows, might be exciting to you, but if you round a corner you'll find yourself in just another residential street where normal people live and children play on the streets.

It's not a wild city by definition. It's just different. The vast majority of Amsterdammers are completely normal people, don't expect one huge party scene like Berlin during the Love Parade or something.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yes, yes and yes. But as always you might need a local to show you around or you won't be able to find the really good places.
That's the case for every city probably. Ok, if I once come there, I'll let you be my guide. But you gotta promise no Blue Oyster Club's. :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

But you should probably remember all of these things are normal here. The red light district, with women behind shop windows, might be exciting to you, but if you round a corner you'll find yourself in just another residential street where normal people live and children play on the streets.

It's not a wild city by definition. It's just different. The vast majority of Amsterdammers are completely normal people, don't expect one huge party scene like Berlin during the Love Parade or something.
LOL, that's not what I imagined. I thought the district was in some "deserted" part of town where only those who want something go. So what a kid looses a ball, goes across the street and a hooker gives it back to him? What a town. :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
LOL, that's not what I imagined. I thought the district was in some "deserted" part of town where only those who want something go.
That couldn't be further from the truth, it's in the heart of the city and there's a good chance you'll stumble upon it by accident.

Like Erik said, nobody cares.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
LOL, that's not what I imagined. I thought the district was in some "deserted" part of town where only those who want something go. So what a kid looses a ball, goes across the street and a hooker gives it back to him? What a town. :D
No it's right in the city centre. Same goes for The Hague. In fact, on my way to university I used to take a short cut through the red light district. Just walk past hookers and pimps with my morning coffee and my DHU bag

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No it's right in the city centre. Same goes for The Hague. In fact, on my way to university I used to take a short cut through the red light district. Just walk past hookers and pimps with my morning coffee and my DHU bag
Is it a prosperous one? Cause in Utrecht there's this one street with like three shops and that's it.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That couldn't be further from the truth, it's in the heart of the city and there's a good chance you'll stumble upon it by accident.

Like Erik said, nobody cares.
Like I said I heard stories. I don't know much about the town except for the stereotype; wild city, sex, drugs...
That sounds awesome. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)