Nationality Mixup (5 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Yeah. Most people tend not to leave them in the middle of the street.
That's how we collect our trash here (in the city centers): you put your bags on the street on the morning of the day they come to pick it up and by nightfall it's gone.

In the suburbs there are other ways. More friendly on the eye and nose :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001

Every home has 3 garbage cans like that one and you're supposed to sort your trash. In any case, you don't have bags of trash out in the streets.
We have that system in the suburbs. My parents, for example, have one for green (fruit and veggies), one for paper and one for everything else. There are dumpster for glass and chemicals located on central points.

But there's no room for that in downtown Amsterdam, dude. Where in the hell are they supposed to put all those cans? :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We have that system in the suburbs. My parents, for example, have one for green (fruit and veggies), one for paper and one for everything else. There are dumpster for glass and chemicals located on central points.

But there's no room for that in downtown Amsterdam, dude. Where in the hell are they supposed to put all those cans? :D
The hookers can sleep in them

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well in the cities these containers are bigger and usually inside the building somewhere. Some old apartment buildings have this awesome garbage shoot where you just go out in the staircase, open this lid and push the garbage bag in there, and it falls down into the container several floors below. When we were in elementary, we amused ourselves by lighting firecrackers and dropping them in there.

With the kind of dense urban settlement that you have in the cities here the cans would usually be in the alley or something. But not in the street.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The hookers can sleep in them
Prostitutes are only forced to sleep in dismal circumstances in barbaric civilisations.

Well in the cities these containers are bigger and usually inside the building somewhere. Some old apartment buildings have this awesome garbage shoot where you just go out in the staircase, open this lid and push the garbage bag in there, and it falls down into the container several floors below. When we were in elementary, we amused ourselves by lighting firecrackers and dropping them in there.

With the kind of dense urban settlement that you have in the cities here the cans would usually be in the alley or something. But not in the street.
Yeah I've seen the garbage shoots in flat buildings, they roooock :D

And don't let the bag system fool you about separating trash though: paper, chemicals and glass are to be disposed of separately. You can get fined for throwing it in the bags. Just so you know, don't let the nazis get you :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah I've seen the garbage shoots in flat buildings, they roooock :D

And don't let the bag system fool you about separating trash though: paper, chemicals and glass are to be disposed of separately. You can get fined for throwing it in the bags. Just so you know, don't let the nazis get you :D
It's perfect for lazy people, don't even have to go down the stairs :D

Yeah, so I hear. But as far as I know they only collect trash once a week on my block, and there's noone marking the bags for special content.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)