'Murica! (86 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Call a taxidermist to stuff and mount the dog's owner?

Call me a xenophobe, doesn't change my mind nor does it bother me. Give that land to a vet, someone that actually did/does something for the country.
As for the first sentence, xenophobic is framing the mindset -- not so much intended as a surrogate n-word. It represents that the motivations for supporting that unilaterally are rooted in othering an entire nation or race of people on the basis of a potentially bad few.

Every nation or race of people has at least a bad few. So you're basically saying let's throw the baby out with the bathwater and no immigrant willing to change cultures and try to thrive could ever offer anything to my country. Well, only if they're not from these four arbitrary countries as flavors of the month.

American demographics are in major decline now. People are getting older, working less, need more benefits, will tax the medical and entitlement systems. Citizens aren't having kids. And there aren't enough younger people willing to fill the gaps to do the work to support all these old people and pay their wage taxes to support it all.

And there's nothing about a Chinese passport that makes it toxic whereas a Vietnamese passport is perfectly acceptable. That makes sh*t all sense unless you've been programmed by performative alliances to be triggered by strawberry ice cream and not spumoni.

Call it the Eeny-Meeny-Miny-Moe Immigration Act.

As for the second sentence, I guess everyone should leave save for the Native Americans.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Call a taxidermist to stuff and mount the dog's owner?

As for the first sentence, xenophobic is framing the mindset -- not so much intended as a surrogate n-word. It represents that the motivations for supporting that unilaterally are rooted in othering an entire nation or race of people on the basis of a potentially bad few.

Every nation or race of people has at least a bad few. So you're basically saying let's throw the baby out with the bathwater and no immigrant willing to change cultures and try to thrive could ever offer anything to my country. Well, only if they're not from these four arbitrary countries as flavors of the month.

American demographics are in major decline now. People are getting older, working less, need more benefits, will tax the medical and entitlement systems. Citizens aren't having kids. And there aren't enough younger people willing to fill the gaps to do the work to support all these old people and pay their wage taxes to support it all.

And there's nothing about a Chinese passport that makes it toxic whereas a Vietnamese passport is perfectly acceptable. That makes sh*t all sense unless you've been programmed by performative alliances to be triggered by strawberry ice cream and not spumoni.

Call it the Eeny-Meeny-Miny-Moe Immigration Act.

As for the second sentence, I guess everyone should leave save for the Native Americans.
First Bolded: In this instance, there is A LOT more than a few.

Second bolded: I never said "no immigrant"...

For my second sentence: Here's a thought. Want a fast track to become a US citizen and get access to all their benefits? Join the military, take the oath and poof. There's a solution for you.

""What are the naturalization requirements for noncitizen service members? Generally, non-citizen service members wishing to naturalize must demonstrate 1) good moral character; 2) knowledge of the English language; 3) knowledge of the U.S. government and history; and 4) attachment to the U.S. and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution.""

Plenty of people in boot camp joined and said their oath...we all stood there at attention while the CO did it. Best day of their lives, they were proud to do it. Great experience to see first hand.

\\

On the topic, interesting article in the WSJ today about WeChat. Read up on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think most vets are just a bunch of country bumpkins who were to dumb to do anything else with their lives and became part of the war machine in order to afford the Chevy truck they always wanted. Not sure why they’re so revered
Sad you'll never know. You want to see REAL diversity, join the military and you'll see people from everywhere.

Can't tell you how many people in my enlisted class came from poverty, left abusive homes, couldn't afford food...nothing to do with intelligence though I'd see how you might draw that conclusion. Sure, there are plenty that fit your profile but it doesn't scratch the surface.

Plenty country bumpkins I know joined Army/Marines - got out after 6 or so...got their degree, joined Secret Service and now secure your lil ol' JB/DJT/BO/GHW.

And yes, plenty get out, get their big pickups and ride off into the sunset and are absolutely fine living in the middle of nowhere WV/TN/GA...etc.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI - younger enlisted tend to splurge on muscle cars (i.e. Camaro, Challengers, etc). The ones with trucks usually had them before they joined and were smart enough to keep them for when they get out.

Last edited:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Police can’t ask for your id unless you’re doing something that actually requires one.
Am I the only one that if police ask me for ID would still show it? I mean if I didn't do anything wrong I'd have no problem showing my ID.
What are you afraid off? that they will hunt you to your home? sell your datas to callcenters? what?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Crazy how they decide on the US instead of a developed country.
I'm going to try to be fair here. I think if you're a high achieving person, the ceiling (and potential earning power) is higher in the US, so i can understand the appeal there. For the rest of the 95 percenters, day by day i do not understand the appeal of the US over other (developed) countries. The politics, and ideas like the one in the last page is something even French far right would think its a step too far.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm going to try to be fair here. I think if you're a high achieving person, the ceiling (and potential earning power) is higher in the US, so i can understand the appeal there. For the rest of the 95 percenters, day by day i do not understand the appeal of the US over other (developed) countries. The politics, and ideas like the one in the last page is something even French far right would think its a step too far.
I believe that's definitely true.

But even if you're a high achieving person, my idea about the US is that it can all come down rather quickly. If you face health issues and can't perform any more, you're screwed.

That being said, I can't say I've never been annoyed with taxes over here. What I have to give to the state every year is enough to support two families. So I'm not just working to provide for my own family, but I'm the provider for three. It can be very frustrating.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

But even if you're a high achieving person, my idea about the US is that it can all come down rather quickly. If you face health issues and can't perform any more, you're screwed.

That being said, I can't say I've never been annoyed with taxes over here. What I have to give to the state every year is enough to support two families. So I'm not just working to provide for my own family, but I'm the provider for three. It can be very frustrating.
I can't say that either haha. Its harder to accept when like me, you haven't had the benefit of a world class education almost for free( i had to pay huge tuition fees as an international student), but at the same time, i can see how it creates a fully functioning society, where at least relatively, nobody is left behind.

and i say that as someone who worked for almost a decade without paying a cent of income taxes, so believe me it took some time to getting used to almost half my income going to the state haha.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can't say that either haha. Its harder to accept when like me, you haven't had the benefit of a world class education almost for free( i had to pay huge tuition fees as an international student), but at the same time, i can see how it creates a fully functioning society, where at least relatively, nobody is left behind.

and i say that as someone who worked for almost a decade without paying a cent of income taxes, so believe me it took some time to getting used to almost half my income going to the state haha.
Well, it definitely does and I mean my education was mostly free as well. So what I'm earning now was made possible by other people paying taxes. But sometimes I feel like, maybe, I should be allowed to keep 60 percent at least :D. It hovers around 50 now.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well, it definitely does and I mean my education was mostly free as well. So what I'm earning now was made possible by other people paying taxes. But sometimes I feel like, maybe, I should be allowed to keep 60 percent at least :D. It hovers around 50 now.
That being said, not every country's tax money is being spent as effectively here. I go to Germany every now and then for business, and it was shocking to me, how in some towns there infrastructure and public transportation is quite mediocre. In the Netherlands, you could go to any town, the trains and metros are always on time, public buildings, train stations etc are almost the same everywhere.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It literally is an entire continent with a place for absolutely ANYONE.

I too would prefer Western Europe, but America has EVERYTHING and often the best of everything, that's the appeal.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That being said, not every country's tax money is being spent as effectively here. I go to Germany every now and then for business, and it was shocking to me, how in some towns there infrastructure and public transportation is quite mediocre. In the Netherlands, you could go to any town, the trains and metros are always on time, public buildings, train stations etc are almost the same everywhere.
Public transport in the Netherlands is great, while it is really poor and pretty expensive in Belgium. On the other hand Dutch healthcare is a lot worse and still far more expensive than its Belgian counterpart.

But, you know, with so many taxes I think you are entitled to expect everything to be okay and that's clearly not the case.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2004
First Bolded: In this instance, there is A LOT more than a few.

Second bolded: I never said "no immigrant"...

For my second sentence: Here's a thought. Want a fast track to become a US citizen and get access to all their benefits? Join the military, take the oath and poof. There's a solution for you.
A lot do that. You don't have to be a citizen to serve in the military.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think most vets are just a bunch of country bumpkins who were to dumb to do anything else with their lives and became part of the war machine in order to afford the Chevy truck they always wanted. Not sure why they’re so revered
If you're a vet and you have your shit together, chances are you will be set for life. You'll get all the benefits and can reap the rewards of preferential hiring, especially in the defense and big corporate sectors. But at the end of the day, the government really doesn't care about you. You're just a number to them. Plus it's not like we've fought any truly meaningful wars the past several decades, outside of the battles you don't see in cyber warfare or spying. It's just mostly bullshit.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

The US can be a bit of life's roulette wheel.

Always bet on black.

It literally is an entire continent with a place for absolutely ANYONE.

I too would prefer Western Europe, but America has EVERYTHING and often the best of everything, that's the appeal.
America does have everything ... and armies of people who make it their business to deliver it to your door before you've even thought of it.

And there is definitely a lot of the best of everything. But there's also a lot of deep ignorance of what they might be missing that other cultures have in spades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 72)