'Murica! (57 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Most 3rd world dumps require a citizen of the country to be at 51% stake for any land purchase and outright outlaw purchase of arable land, how high are they on the xenophobic meter?
Not sure you meant to equate Texas with a 3rd world dump, but there we are. :baus:

There's a clear difference between an immigrant who seeks greater opportunity for his family overseas vs. ones who are rich plants trying to subvert national sovereignty. This pretty much makes the two equivalent

That's just more stupid ideas fueled by what sells on a T-shirt during a re-election campaign. A reflection of how performative gestures sell in American politics now. It's just woke vs anti-woke stupidity now.

Croissants? Was Chinese Food restaurant too racist of an example?
That said, I know a number of Chinese bakers who make mean croissants. I mean, the best one in SF is operated by them out of a Chinese neighborhood:
https://goo.gl/maps/Wgsb2qHeVcQeN191A
In fact, the place was voted best new bakery in the US in 2016 by Bon Appetit.

Fook TikTok. People would kill there if they couldn't get their Chinese-made croissants.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Read that as "it doesn't make sense", doing too many things at once

Not sure you meant to equate Texas with a 3rd world dump, but there we are. :baus:

There's a clear difference between an immigrant who seeks greater opportunity for his family overseas vs. ones who are rich plants trying to subvert national sovereignty. This pretty much makes the two equivalent

That's just more stupid ideas fueled by what sells on a T-shirt during a re-election campaign. A reflection of how performative gestures sell in American politics now. It's just woke vs anti-woke stupidity now.

That said, I know a number of Chinese bakers who make mean croissants. I mean, the best one in SF is operated by them out of a Chinese neighborhood:
https://goo.gl/maps/Wgsb2qHeVcQeN191A
In fact, the place was voted best new bakery in the US in 2016 by Bon Appetit.

Fook TikTok. People would kill there if they couldn't get their Chinese-made croissants.
Ah yes itt's sovereignty for thee, xenophobia for me

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm sure you can't be too happy with this devolution from opposition about what matters to opposition about what people might support what matters.

What doesn't matter anymore. It's all about who now.

"I was a dumbass therefore everyone else is"

But tbh i am used to being dismissed as simply a contrarian or getting by on heuristics. But as i always say, i always leave room for being wrong, do you leave room for me being right?

Apr 12, 2004
But tbh i am used to being dismissed as simply a contrarian or getting by on heuristics. But as i always say, i always leave room for being wrong, do you leave room for me being right?
Most of the time I have a conversation with you , I can't tell what you're actually trying to say. You are contrarian, I am, too, but I at least tell you what I think. All too often you just tell others they are idiots or laugh at them, but provide little evidence or data to even support any other conclusion. It's like you intentionally don't have any beliefs only so you can bad-rap people for having theirs.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Most of the time I have a conversation with you , I can't tell what you're actually trying to say. You are contrarian, I am, too, but I at least tell you what I think. All too often you just tell others they are idiots or laugh at them, but provide little evidence or data to even support any other conclusion. It's like you intentionally don't have any beliefs only so you can bad-rap people for having theirs.
Got it: you>me, hope that made your day

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
People don't think. What sounds good and defensible as xenophobia disguised as patriotism won't hold up when it goes from broad to specific.
Call me a xenophobe, doesn't change my mind nor does it bother me. Give that land to a vet, someone that actually did/does something for the country.

- - - Updated - - -

It takes more than a decade for a Chinese national who came to US legally on H1-B visa to obtain permanent residency and another 5-6 years to get naturalized. Why can’t they own property in the meantime? More importantly what stops a supposed spy to continue spying after getting naturalized? What magic security wand would stop him then and not before?
Devil is always in the details, and policies like what Abbott is proposing is just xenophobic with the intention of appealing to the base.
There is the X word again. No one cares about being called xenophobic anymore. I'm not a Texan and I'm not Abbotts base. I am not a fan of allowing Chinese nationals to buy large swathes of land. That country has webbed in so many people willing to do whatever for the CCP asks that at this point it should be a cold turkey stop on what they can and can't do.... buying large amounts of land is one thing.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Call me a xenophobe, doesn't change my mind nor does it bother me. Give that land to a vet, someone that actually did/does something for the country.

- - - Updated - - -

There is the X word again. No one cares about being called xenophobic anymore. I'm not a Texan and I'm not Abbotts base. I am not a fan of allowing Chinese nationals to buy large swathes of land. That country has webbed in so many people willing to do whatever for the CCP asks that at this point it should be a cold turkey stop on what they can and can't do.... buying large amounts of land is one thing.
I don’t know why I even bother. I don’t give a shit what you’re for or against. I was just explaining how this policy would impact a large number of legal immigrants who most probably hate CCP more than you do. A blanket ban, like what Abbott is proposing, is bullshit. Plain and simple.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Or the academics funneling IP over ...or the "tourists" being told to get close access to X company to photograph a new airplane fuselage...can keep going.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

I think most vets are just a bunch of country bumpkins who were to dumb to do anything else with their lives and became part of the war machine in order to afford the Chevy truck they always wanted. Not sure why they’re so revered

Apr 12, 2004
I think most vets are just a bunch of country bumpkins who were to dumb to do anything else with their lives and became part of the war machine in order to afford the Chevy truck they always wanted. Not sure why they’re so revered
Most vets I know, and I know a fair amount, do it for three reasons, typically.

1: A calling to serve, true patriotism, loves the country, etc.
2: Grew up super poor and it was the only way out, "job security," which is why West Virginians have the highest military participation rates per capita.
3: Education. Use the benefits to pay for school (most I know did it for this reason).

You also have to remember, only 1% of the population is in, or used to be in, the military. They tend to get a lot of notoriety, but there really aren't a lot of dudes out there who served.

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy how they decide on the US instead of a developed country.
It's big, bro. Easy to get lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)