'Murica! (58 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
[QUOTE="GordoDeCentral, post: 6143658, member: 3678]"even met and talked to Eastwood for a a good while.

giphy.gif

We aint just breezing through that, how was meeting him? My late fathers all time fav, prolly seen every single he done or been in since I was 6.[/QUOTE]

He's a presence for sure, his crew was crazy about him, i had to do a scene with just me and 2 actors, so they were talking to us so after talking shop for a bit i asked him how right was i in thinking that elia kazan is the director that influenced him the most, so we talked for a bit. Dude is a titan in every sense, worked 16 hour shifts every day way past 80.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Most underrated rock star ever

I have to disagree

This man right here is the most underrated rock star ever.

Why, you ask? Simple.

Anytime someone jumps out of a helicopter wearing a leopard print jumpsuit, and then proceeds to break a door down with his guitar and Battlestar Galactica era special effects, well, you know.

Especially when no on even questions it for a second :lol:

Apr 17, 2013
But I think with a lot of workers, there is something that comes out of it. I guess in essence the actors pull in money that allows studios to grow/expand I guess. But Joker is right, highly overpaid and gives them the idea they can look down on everyone that isn't in that crowed IMHO. :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

Good point, I didn't do a good job expanding that. You don't really hear from the camera operators, special effects people, etc, they don't have a platform like the actors do.
There are the winners of happy globalization (footballers, actors, big business leaders ... who have seen their level of remuneration increase enormously then next to that there is the great mass which little or on the contrary undergoes globalization. These 2 parts understand less and less and there is a contempt.

You should read Christopher Lash "The Revolt of the Elites and the Betrayal of Democracy ".
In his book he defends the idea that the privileged classes have never lived so isolated from their environment. Lash attributes this attitude in part to the fact that social mobility has become a matter of geographic mobility. And a major consequence of the isolation of the elites is that "political ideologies lose all contact with the concerns of ordinary citizens
If the elites are just talking to themselves, one reason is that there are no institutions that promote general conversation, transcending class boundaries. "He applies this observation to all spheres of public life, including the education system, in particular denouncing" the virtual monopolization of the most famous colleges and universities, both public and private, by the great bourgeoisie. Modern journalism is also targeted, which promotes the dissemination of information claiming to be objective rather than debate. However, there is only the perspective of the debate, Lasch tells us, which makes information relevant and attractive to the citizen.

Are u guys telling me this inspirational video by the celebs didn't make you feel better about the Corona Virus.
I understand better why there is little girl in the Sia's video clip.

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I have to disagree

Why, you ask? Simple.

Anytime someone jumps out of a helicopter wearing a leopard print jumpsuit, and then proceeds to break a door down with his guitar and Battlestar Galactica era special effects, well, you know.

I'm sure theres no italian bias in that assessment :p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I have to disagree

Why, you ask? Simple.

Disagree.

:lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm sure theres no italian bias in that assessment :p

I didn't even know he was Italian. I have to be honest, I came across that video while looking for this. Somehow, Marillion just popped into my head, and I scrambled to find this song.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that Dio is not underrated. Please try to follow along. :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Only on Tuz can a serious discussion about racial inequality turn into a discussion that includes Ted Nugent, Dio, Marillion, and Aldo FUCKING Nova. :lol:

And I can guarantee you that up until 10 minutes ago, very few people had even heard of Marillion and Aldo Nova

- - - Updated - - -

Love the selection, you got any spotify playlists you wanna share?

Are you saying that you like Marillion?

I thought I was the only one on the Western Hemisphere who did

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Only on Tuz can a serious discussion about racial inequality turn into a discussion that includes Ted Nugent, Dio, Marillion, and Aldo FUCKING Nova. :lol:

And I can guarantee you that up until 10 minutes ago, very few people had even heard of Marillion and Aldo Nova

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying that you like Marillion?

I thought I was the only one on the Western Hemisphere who did
I'm a rootin tootin 80s kid like the hust

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm a rootin tootin 80s kid like the hust

Yeah, but, Marillion? Even for 80's kids, that's out in left field. But kudos to you , man. Most people only know them for Kayleigh, and have no idea who sang it.

But anyway. Check this out. While I came across Marillion, I also found this :lol: Arguably one of the greatest drum beats ever, but even after 35 years, I still have no fucking clue what this song is about.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, but, Marillion? Even for 80's kids, that's out in left field. But kudos to you , man. Most people only know them for Kayleigh, and have no idea who sang it.

But anyway. Check this out. While I came across Marillion, I also found this :lol: Arguably one of the greatest drum beats ever, but even after 35 years, I still have no fucking clue what this song is about.

Hey every seen/heard this live, people can only dream of his stage presence

@Hustini

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I have to disagree

Why, you ask? Simple.

OK, hold on here...

Hey every seen/heard this live, people can only dream of his stage presence

@Hustini
And I love the Nuge. At least his earlier music of the 70s. This is from one of my favorite albums of his (good song choice too, btw :tup:).

That said, I just was rightly called "ancient" for posting a Dire Straits vid... and that got followed up with Ted Nugent and Aldo Nova. Just sayin'... :cool:

Bitch, Dio was, is and will forever be a Legend!
RJD was the vocalist of the first real concert I ever attended... Mob Rules-era Black Sabbath at the 20-years-demolished Chicago International Amphitheater.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)