swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Like him or not this article was mostly true and his prediction was on point

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/
Truly was on point.

Bernie yes, Biden no.

The Democratic party is facing an identity crisis right now. Obama appears to have been a one-off, as I can't see any young, energetic, idealistic candidates in the pipeline. They are far more establishment than they would leave you to believe.
Make no mistake: Hillary Clinton was a Republican. At least of the 1990s variety.

It's funny because of all talk about the fissures and imploding of the Republican Party with the Trump effect, and yet it's the Demos who are lost in the wilderness at the end of it all.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Fr3sh

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel...t-trump-victory-america-tourism-a7407316.html

Apparently, the world tourism industry predicts a very big drop in travel to the US after this election. Who would have thought a hotel industry magnate could tank the US tourism industry :lol:

But...

Representatives of the Canadian travel industry at World Travel Market were quietly jubilant, because they believe they will be the beneficiary of displaced tourism to the US.
We getting rich bro!

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
If I was a muslim in the States I'd start packing right now. And I mean that. When it becomes so damn obvious that half the country really doesn't want you there, your situation is becoming dangerous.
I'm Iranian and i'm not going anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Truly was on point.

Make no mistake: Hillary Clinton was a Republican. At least of the 1990s variety.

It's funny because of all talk about the fissures and imploding of the Republican Party with the Trump effect, and yet it's the Demos who are lost in the wilderness at the end of it all.
On point except for not calling those wankers morons

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Nah you're safe in Austin
Yeah Austin it cool. But I work in Williamson county which is north of Austin.
But seriously I don't think I see much aggression from these white folks other than maybe some verbal abuse, which is OK. Once Trump is inaugurated they have to live with the reality of their lives

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Truly was on point.

Greg, they got ahead of themselves. Somehow I wonder if their over exuberance, especially those in the left leaning media outlets actually contributed to the hubris and overconfidence. Not once did I ever see her or her campaign act as if they were anywhere but way ahead in the elections. Even Reagan in '84 never let himself get that full of himself.

One can't help but wonder if that public persona actually kept people from going to the voting booths to vote for her, for they felt it was already in the bag.

And this really does speak ill of Hillary Clinton. She was the first woman candidate, which should have already given her a huge built in advantage. Add to that the Clinton name, with her husband loved by Democrats and even some Republicans (myself included), and she blew it. absolutely blew it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Greg, they got ahead of themselves. Somehow I wonder if their over exuberance, especially those in the left leaning media outlets actually contributed to the hubris and overconfidence. Not once did I ever see her or her campaign act as if they were anywhere but way ahead in the elections. Even Reagan in '84 never let himself get that full of himself.

One can't help but wonder if that public persona actually kept people from going to the voting booths to vote for her, for they felt it was already in the bag.

And this really does speak ill of Hillary Clinton. She was the first woman candidate, which should have already given her a huge built in advantage. Add to that the Clinton name, with her husband loved by Democrats and even some Republicans (myself included), and she blew it. absolutely blew it.
Tbh I think her name worked against rather than for her. Also, she's a Republican in disguise. The Democrats would have done much better with someone like Sanders imo.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

There are elections past where I practically straight voted the "anti-incumbent party". While there was no presidential incumbent, Hillary ran closest by far.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Yeah Austin it cool. But I work in Williamson county which is north of Austin.
But seriously I don't think I see much aggression from these white folks other than maybe some verbal abuse, which is OK. Once Trump is inaugurated they have to live with the reality of their lives

I think Trump supporters are going to be the worst hit by his presidency. Not only will their economic condition be the same as the rest of the country, but they'll also have to come to grips with how much of a failure their candidate will be.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, this is an opportunity for the Democrats to wisen up their act- be more transparent, have more charismatic and honest leaders and improve their ground game.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Several months ago I was dreaming of Bernie Sanders as a future POTUS and that his progressive agenda will bring finally some sense in the world and now....Donald Trump. WTF has happened? I don't have any doubt that this guy is unfit for anything where rational thinking is involved so everyone who believed him is fucking delusional. This bullshit artist has achieved the greatest scam since Hitler.

happybum

Oct 23, 2014
Several months ago I was dreaming of Bernie Sanders as a future POTUS and that his progressive agenda will bring finally some sense in the world and now....Donald Trump. WTF has happened? I don't have any doubt that this guy is unfit for anything where rational thinking is involved so everyone who believed him is $#@!ing delusional. This bull$#@! artist has achieved the greatest scam since Hitler.
Hitler actually believed in the stuff he said, and he went to jail for it. Trump changes his mind within the same sentence.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I think Trump supporters are going to be the worst hit by his presidency. Not only will their economic condition be the same as the rest of the country, but they'll also have to come to grips with how much of a failure their candidate will be.
So like Obama?

Black community worse off than before, poor people on "health insurance" (it's basically Medicaid) with rising premiums, job market full of low-paying jobs, no movement on energy, no movement on industry, no movement on infrastructure, more debt.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, this is an opportunity for the Democrats to wisen up their act- be more transparent, have more charismatic and honest leaders and improve their ground game.
Boy they're going to be so disappointed
And there's going to be some soul searching on Democrats' part. Bernie and his revolution should be so active in the midterms.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Tbh I think her name worked against rather than for her. Also, she's a Republican in disguise. The Democrats would have done much better with someone like Sanders imo.
Exactly my thoughts. I'll never understand how someone who seemed genuinely good for the working class, white or not, didn't stand a chance. And those were the majority of people who elected Trump.

I feel so weird, like I have failed a test.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Worth noting that Bernie is not a member of the Democratic Party.

Rather look towards peeps like Elizabeth Warren :heart: and Julian Castro.

Oh, and Clinton won the popular vote. The GOP have "won" 1 out of the last 7 prez elections. Worlds greatest democracy dey say. But dey don't know shit :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)